What's new

midwest growers unite

Maximo

@bababooey: Thanks, scraping my keyboard and smoking it would probably get you pretty high haha, I'm going to stick it on ebay and let the stoners bid on it lol. And yeah about the mites, still notta one to be found, with fall here I'm hoping to not see them this winter which should make for some impressive yields, the last one without mites was 52grms per sqr ft x 32'=you guys figure it out, 1000hps x 2 for each 32sqr ft flower area.

@MurderDeathKill: mine has a nice pine/menthol sort of hit thru the bong, not strong more of an after taste, my last strain which was my Sensi StarXWhite Widow (White Star) was much more tasty/flowery than this BD, but BD is a much more chunky(indica'ish) bud type than the SSxWW, so the pine taste, an sativa trait is interesting, i got these cuts from one of the biggest med providers in denver so I'm pretty sure its BD?.

@jonnybgood29: Thanks.

@Rowdy420: I've had it for about 14mths and I'm impressed, still looking for bigger tops, see below :)

@RespectGreen: Nice pics and plants, i love purp plants, all of my purp plants over the years have been lower yielders, its always bummed me out, then I would just smoke some purp and forget all about it :)

This is Sensi Star(Paradise) X White Widow(Nirvana) that I was growing up to a few years ago, the top and middle pics were OG POTM winners.

16825AGWS_90405_SSxWW1_top_lookup.jpg

16825AGWS-90805-SSxWW-in-closet-in-hand.jpg

16825AGWS-90805-SSxWW-monster1.jpg

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
awesome thread, full of great shots...

awesome thread, full of great shots...

Part 2 of june-now, the next upgrade is a charcoal filter odor control set-up, ill post pics when its installed in a few weeks, and all new E-ballasts (7) to $$$$$.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I hope you outdoor folks get your crops in safe and sound this year, good luck guys.

great to see your newest garden and mac lol. your old one looks like my old one, hehe. while i did get the 24 inch with the silver screen frame. had it for a year or more now too.

loving the look of your garden, great quality pics as ever. how you liking the bubble cloner for cloning? ran into a bunch of hassle cloning this summer. starting to think i got a tray of bad RW cubes, lol.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Nice macro shots, Respect, especially done in the field like that. I can almost make out trich color. Do you call that cross CDTB? Kind of has a nice ring to it. Who's the breeder or is this one of your own crosses?

What the heck is that? It's like some Frankenstein cola. Looks like a bunch of top colas glued together. That's ridiculous, in a good way. So you were an OG'er too, that's very cool, a lot of the more experienced growers on IC came over from OG.
I guess with the White Star you broke the 2 elbows per 1K standard easily. Whatever happened to that cut? Hopefully someone in your circle still has it.
Btw, looks like the middle keys, Del, Enter have about .1g 'hand-pressed' resin on them. Maybe you can sell them individually...

bobblehead

Veteran
ChemD*Trueblueberry sprouted from F2's
picture.php

picture.php

Purple Dawg
picture.php

picture.php

The outdoor looks like it's coming along nice! I have seeds on a stick! ha ha... each and every plant... But that will just make for a nice harvest for us next year... :D We could be done with our outdoor season this time next year.

Maximo

@Jonny: A now defunct seed company called "Capricorn Seed Company" (CSC) I've also got good strains from "Willie Jack" and "Nirvana".

@gaius: thanks for stopping in bro, as far as the cloner goes, I love mine, at least I luv the new black version I just built, the only problems I had was when I tried using predator mites to get rid of my bad mites 5-6 mnths ago, and i guess the vermiculite the mites came in was contaminated with some kind of fungus, I only put the predator mites on the mom, and plants in flower. But then I took cuts and some of the vermiculite got into my clone water and contaminated it killing all my cuts with a stem rot, if I had rinsed the cuts off before putting in the cloner I think it might not have contaminated the cloner, I normally rinse my cuts before putting in the cloner, but not with the predators on them, I learned.

@bababooey: yeah, I joined OG in 2003 thru 2005 when it went down, I had major karma to, only gaius above and a few others in our group had more karma than me, definitely a different time and attitude for those that remember OG. and yeah thats 1 plant with all those tops, definitely a freak as it was over 4+oz from just that 3' plant, kind of a high yield from 1 plant, wish they all did it. and this strain (SSxWW) was retired, I grew it for 7 years which is longer than I normally like to grow a strain, I usually move on every 5 years or so, the BD is really nice and my friend in denver just called about some of the seed stock he can get right now, but, after looking at what most have I think I have better right now?.

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
grapefruit diesel

Attachments

• GEDC2107.JPG
    GEDC2107.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 11
  • GEDC2110.JPG
    GEDC2110.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 12
  • GEDC2112.JPG
    GEDC2112.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 9
  • GEDC2117.JPG
    GEDC2117.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 12
J

jonnybgood29

yeah maximo, ive ordered from nirvana as well ans have had great results, but that one just caught my eye! shame its gone. you were talking about 4+ ounces, well im going to f2 a breed i made a few years baack and almost lost called nightmare diesel. when i get a chance to make them, ill have to send you some. a rare plant that it potent, good tasting and produces monsterous amounts when done right!

believe it or not, that is the top bud, no stem, just bud and dry weight was 9.5 grams!
teo hits and your feeling real good!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hey Bobble, you didn't cull the male(s)? What sort of crosses are you expecting?

PC, I remember when you said you breeding a strain in honor of your friend. I thought LVS was Las Vegas something. Ive heard Blackberry Kush had a very high thc content, would like to see those pics.

Maximo, sounds like you were pretty active on OG. Did that freak you out when they got raided? I think Gaius is on ICmag also.
I hope to one day average 4oz dry from each 3 ft plant, with co2, but that may just be the pipe talking....
So i guess the predator mites didnt eradicate the pests entirely, which is why u used the Forbid 4F? U havent seen one speck since?

Nice looking GFD, Farmdale. I'm guessing 2.5 ozs dry?

Jonny, that nightmare diesel must be pretty dense for that bud to weigh almost 10g. It does look packed full of crystals...

bobblehead

Veteran
Hey Bobble, you didn't cull the male(s)? What sort of crosses are you expecting?

PC, I remember when you said you breeding a strain in honor of your friend. I thought LVS was Las Vegas something. Ive heard Blackberry Kush had a very high thc content, would like to see those pics.

Maximo, sounds like you were pretty active on OG. Did that freak you out when they got raided? I think Gaius is on ICmag also.
I hope to one day average 4oz dry from each 3 ft plant, with co2, but that may just be the pipe talking....
So i guess the predator mites didnt eradicate the pests entirely, which is why u used the Forbid 4F? U havent seen one speck since?

Nice looking GFD, Farmdale. I'm guessing 2.5 ozs dry?

Jonny, that nightmare diesel must be pretty dense for that bud to weigh almost 10g. It does look packed full of crystals...

what's good babs? The grow is being taken care of by the home owner... It's just a small spot behind the garage. I told him to cull the males. He has enough experience by now to tell the difference... So what did he do? He moved it (1 plant was unsexed and ended up being a boy, the rest I culled myself) across the yard. Needless to say that was no good... cause when I culled him, he let off a pollen cloud... anyone growing in the area has to have seeds now. lmao...

Anyway, next year I'll go big again... but ever since I had a large plot busted, I've been mostly focused on indoor growing. I was gutted when that basket got robbed/confiscated.

I'm looking for the picture the police posted on their website...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
At least it wasnt some industrial hemp plant that pollinated those ladies, Bobble. I havent heard of too many outdoor growers having that problem but i suppose it can happen.
Sometimes the best strains happen from accidental pollination, so maybe it wont be so bad.

Nice to see youre reviving your grow thread, PC. You gonna do any ice-hash making with all the outdoor youve been helping out on? Even if its just trim, should make for a lot of bubble...

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
damn hunters...

damn hunters...

found the plants and chopped them down...they didn't chop the 2 silver haze that were over 6ft. Tall...

GAME

Midwest Outdoor

Midwest Outdoor

Hey fellas, can't believe I just spotted this thread. Been doing my outdoor thing for quite a while and here's a few shots from a few weeks back. I will have to take some more updated shots for you guys before some of these get the axe.

Mau Fresas (erdbeer/purpurea ticinensis* Mau Mau (blockhead indy mother*killa queen f6)

She got the chop a week early due to bud rot and is still drying, 12 oz average

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

These are Kodiak Gold (Reeferman's) x Pre 98 Aloha White Widow

These pics are ten days old, they currently have another week or so left and should yield 1-2 lbs (some bigger than others)

picture.php

picture.php

J

jonnybgood29

damn phil, that sucks.... find out where their spot is and piss all around it.... itll screw their hunt up big time!

nice pics game. sorry to hear about the bud rot though!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Sorry to hear you lost a plot, PC. Are you sure it was hunters? Those were some nosy, busy-body hunters then. Glad they left you something. You think maybe it was rippers who couldnt take it all?

Speaking of 6ft tall plants, those outdoor plants look 8-9 feet tall, Game. You sure youre only going to get 12 oz off the purple one? Cause it looks like youve got a good 20+ colas on it, the bigger ones look like they could be more than an oz apiece. Or is 12 oz the yield after accounting for the rot? You probably would have a lot of moldy bud you could use for bubble or bho...