What's new

midwest growers unite

New here!
But not to the Midwest or the indoor thing.
I began growing for personal medicine back in '05-'06 to help with my severe back/neck pain. I had great results over the first 2-3 years and pulled off probably 8-9 harvests of good clean organic medicine.
Then I moved my garden into a tent and had nothing but problems. I have still not gotten the quality or yields that I had years ago.
Anyways here is a pic of how I used to do back in '05-'08.
The pic is the "Trinity" clone that has been here in town for maybe a decade now. No one round here ever seemed to be able get it as happy as I was. Even I have not been able to grow it like this since '08, but I think most of my problems have now been figured out.

Attachments

• 2007_01080031.jpg
    2007_01080031.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 11
I forgot to ask if any of you fellow Midwesterners have seen this strain that people round here have been calling "Trinity"? Anyone familiar with this strain?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
Thanks Poopy! I read over it, alot to read! Where did the Fubba Kush come from? Did you mean bubba kush or is Fubba Kush right? And where can I get seeds?! :D

I call it FUbba Kush cause the other guy i know calls it bubba kush and its not... Its Purple kush x nl5... So its fake bubba kush or to me i call it fubba kush...

as far as i know its a clone only...

joeking

I forgot to ask if any of you fellow Midwesterners have seen this strain that people round here have been calling "Trinity"? Anyone familiar with this strain?

My first grow in 99 I grew some trin. My cut was short and squat, not a huge yielder, but swollen calyxs and jsut wreaked, and tasted amazing. I've seen a couple different phenos of it, I think St. Louis has there own version, but this was all quite some time ago, really

A

arrg

I have seen lots of it from greenhouses up in WI. just about 20 minutes from appleton is where a lot of it came from. It was good and when they did it outside of the greenhouse and let it get hit with frost would purple nicely. I have not seen any in 5 years.

I have seen lots of it from greenhouses up in WI. just about 20 minutes from appleton is where a lot of it came from. It was good and when they did it outside of the greenhouse and let it get hit with frost would purple nicely. I have not seen any in 5 years.
I've had it now for five years and I believe its been here in Madison for over a decade. I first smoked it around '98. I've smoked far to much of it but its still my best yielding strain.
My favorite right now is a 60 day Jack Herer that unfortunately only yields half the of Trinity. I once had a 70 day Jack Herer that Yielded much better but I like this low yielding Jack for my headstash.

mdk ktm

hey guys, fellow midwesterner checking in. I grow 3kw flip flop in soil at the moment, but im going to make some changes after this grow. Probably light movers, ebb and grow, a mini split ac, and a co2 generator. Im growing power kush, blue cheese, northern lights, aurora indica, sweet haze, and lemon skunk.

heres pics from a couple days ago.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
Vietnam Gold & DK13

Vietnam Gold & DK13

Hey Philcuisine the dk and vietnam got flipped they are some rescillaint sturdy fast growing girls,,big fat fuckin leaves fat stems very impressive indeed,,,will get some pics later on,,,peace

:)evryone round my hood loves the DK13, im gonna be growing it 1 more time then move on to the next strain. As far as the Vietnam Gold a guy from growers nite had some last week and it smelled like gasoline...I'm sure hope u enjoy the end product...Hope this helps.:thank you:

Ps, thanks fo them beans...:tiphat:

I

idoreallytry

sounds great brother thx for the insight on the gasoline just keep telling myself no huffing lol,,,i will get some shots up about halfway thru flower...
let me know when u pop some beans,,,and if u need more i have some more of the strains i gave ya,,,peace
i know u said u wanted something purple i recently acquired the purple kush cut let me know if ur interested,,,peace

My first grow in 99 I grew some trin. My cut was short and squat, not a huge yielder, but swollen calyxs and jsut wreaked, and tasted amazing. I've seen a couple different phenos of it, I think St. Louis has there own version, but this was all quite some time ago, really
I dont think the Trinity we have here is the one Jason King has in the Cannabible.
The cut that has been around here for over a decade does smell very strong when grown well. But not road kill skunk like King mentions. More overripe fruit/skunk. The thing is it is difficult for many growers to do well so many do not know just how strong she can smell. I have a Can 75 running for a single light. The Can 50 I had 3 years ago wasn't cutting it while I was only running a single 600!
Still I'm sick of it and am looking for a heavier yielding strain that works well for back/neck pain.
The Trinity hits very hard after only a few puffs but can cause the heart to feel funny and has a very hard comedown. Too hard.
The plant is very finicky and if you piss her off she'll begin to drop her leaves and yield shitty.
If you can keep her happy she'll keep her leaves to harvest, turn beautiful colors, and yield pretty well.

I just completed my first indoor harvest in over two years without a toxic tent. I still had a few problems but these are the first indoor plants I've grown in a long time that didn't mysteriously die. The pics here are of my 8 week Jack Herer pheno.

Attachments

• DSC00503.jpg
    DSC00503.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00511.jpg
    DSC00511.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 11
Here are my other two strains I just harvested, Trinity and Jack the Ripper. The leafy one is the Trin, and the branched out one was my Ripper mother. Usually the Trin is not so leafy but the Ocean Forest was different than I had ever seen over the last 4+years.
My yields are not going to be like I used to do a few years ago, but this is still a victory for my health as I eat/vape/smoke cannabis daily to help manage my chronic back pain.
Finally I'm back to having good clean organic homegrown medicine.

Attachments

• DSC00513.jpg
    DSC00513.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00515.jpg
    DSC00515.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 9
C

csedge

Looks good MoGrass glad u can finally ahve ur own grown medicine! Also that trinity looks sweet man

Looks good MoGrass glad u can finally ahve ur own grown medicine! Also that trinity looks sweet man
Thanks man. Three years ago I was getting much better yields from the Trinity but I believe I now have all problems figured out. I have had too many other problems in my life that were distracting me from my gardening the last couple years. Now I'm back! Its time to clean up my Volcano so it ready for use by the time my harvest is dry. I've already sampled the Trainwreck I harvested last week...shit is good!
Living organic soil is the key to the effectiveness of my quality medicine. No factory farmed ingredients in my soil.