What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Microprocessor Controlled Multipot Flood,Bubble & Drain by URBN TRCHMLGY

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Peeps!Thought I would start(slightly late) a thread about the growroom a growmate and I setup recently and are currently flowering at the mo. It was set up in a rush due to previously uncertain living conditions and without all the planned funds so is a little scruffy but with some great self-built tech. We were gonna start 2 seperate flower rooms(one Hydro & one Bioponic) with 2x600w grolux in each,but decided to start the other room in a few weeks when we have more funds and time(will let you know l8r about that grow).
The area is in a small room split into a grow and 2 flower areas with seperate systems(so i can bud diff plants for diff periods and light schedules in each space)built with wood frame and b/w and diamond reflecta-grow sheeting,but we will use sound board when we can for all the walls.
The air intake is from a blocked window and the outlet goes through ceiling to the attic space above where it is vented via roofvents.We are in the process of making a 4 way soundproofed aliminium spigot box for the 8inch mixed flow exhaust fan we are using but its rigged up crudely to just 2 lights at mo on a low speed setting and working fine.
The lights are air cooled(always) via a 5"carb each with dutch Poot ballasts and our self built reflectors. The air from room is sucked into the carbs(at top) then through the reflectors and out of the exhaust and it works fine(even in summer) and stops bulbs etc getting dirty as well.
The plants are in 11 litre pot in pot with top pot movable in a mix of prepared Mapito and DiaHydro with a bubbler tube in the bottom of each pot under the media connected to a 40psi air compressor. There are 4 pots per light/sqm,a total of 8 in 2sqm. They are connected with 35mm tubing in 2 rows of 4 to a distributor with a draining pump and float switches. Which is fed by a 200 litre polytank reservoir with a fill pump and a circulating/emptying pump and various floatswitches,sensors,filters,pipes and valves.
It is set to flood(takes 2-3 mins) 4 times in a 12hour period(no feed at nite) and soaks/bubbles for 420 secs then drains(takes 1-2 mins). There is always enough solution in the tubes so that its just wetting the bottom of the pots(and there fore the bubbler tube at base of pot) and the bubbles come on for 420secs 4 times an hour feed or no feed day or night. If the air fails the controller tells pumps to lower the base water level to stop pots sitting in still water 4 too long and it still floods and drains OK.
The lights,fans,pumps,bubbles etc are all controlled by our own self designed and built System control box(Mitsubishi Processor,contactors etc) with facilities for sensing and controlling anything from temp,humidity,conductivity and PH,water level etc.
The controller we have nearly ready for the other space is 4 times as powerful and has loads more inputs and outputs(analog and digital) and will even alarm,text or trigger security video if needed so thats gonna be fun!
The solution we use at the mo consists of GH FloraNova Bloom and Hygrozymes,occasional Superthrive and a little Bio PK boost for last 3or4 weeks flower before I flush system and feed half strength Vitrasol for last 10/14 days.We have tried loads of products and think most are a waste of time and were of no added benefit when compared to simple nutrient program(but buy 20 products if u want just mho LOL)
The plants in the system now(12/12 since yesterday) are 5 Pot of Gold from T.F.D.(Superb) and 2 G.H.Doc(awkward but fat and sweet) and one pot is split 4 ways with one each of Graprfruit Kush(tasty),Chronic(Phat),Cheese(Mmmmmhh!), Kush x AK47(Strong,Tropical) Sogging in the one pot for a little variety.
Sorry about Picture quality(or lack of) they are done with a PhoneCam as no Digicam and spending ALL resources on rooms rite now! But I thought better than nothing and I will try to borrow a cam for when they start to bud properly in a few weeks. I will update soon as I can. May the light be bright on all your gardens. JBo :redface: :rasta:
xterior woodwork

fiddling with system controller

controller (blurry!)

pots connection

pipe connects

Reservoir

pumps in Rez

pumps in rez 2

polypipes in Rez

inside Distributor

inside distributor2

40psi air compressor

agitation pump

Old 8 row output distributor

:muahaha:

Last edited:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And here's Lights,ventilation,more controller,Media etc

Input fan

Exhaust fan

Ventilation

top of reflectors

air cooled reflector 1

air-cooled reflector 2 wide

one of the Carbs

Inside system controller

controller guts

Media & air tube

Pot connect

:joint: :muahaha:

Last edited:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heres some pics of the plants in clone,grow etc and a few dodgy bud close-ups of a couple of the strains
cuts and prop

cuts in grow

POGs at edge

GDoc_in_blok

GDoc_cut_closeup

POGs

POG_closeup_cut

propog

kushxAK47

kushxAK47 close

Grapefruit Kush

GFKush close

Cheesonix

Cheeseonix close

Chronix

Chronix close

Red Blue growing

Li'l ladies

Doc close bud

Doc close bud 2

GFKush close bud

GFKush bud 2

POG close bud

:joint:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some room and plant in system shots
Centre channel shot

4_cuts_in_split_pot

lites_on_4_cuts

GDoc_yella

lites_off_4_cuts_1_pot

lites_off_close_GDoc

lites_off_GDoc_recovered day 2 of 12/12

lites_off_nuff_POG day2

lites_off_POG

lite_on_close_GDoc2

lite_on_close_POG

lites_on_GDoc

lites_on3

POGs_morning droop

pink_room

lites_on_sideshot

lites_on_shot1

lites_on_shot2

:joint:

Last edited:

Budweiser13

Lovin this system man can you please tell us how to make the controller, what parts are needed how does it control the flood levels, are you using float switches? Very awsome system man.......... :wave:

Budweiser13

OK i read in your post where you say you do use float switch but i do not see them in the pictures. So the Mitsubishi controller talks to the relay's and the relays turn the pumps off and on. What type of relays are you using with the controller?....... :wave:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Budweiser13 said:
OK i read in your post where you say you do use float switch but i do not see them in the pictures. So the Mitsubishi controller talks to the relay's and the relays turn the pumps off and on. What type of relays are you using with the controller?....... :wave:
Hey Bud nice to meet u 7 thanks for your interest!
There are 2 black round floatswitches on top of each other in the bottom left corner of this distributor pic(sorry again for quality of pics,will improve thread info as I can,a little busy at mo) but they are chosen for robustness mostly and we've had success with a few types analogue and digital.

As for the relays they are not special just over-rated and there in force as the processor controls all lights pumps,air,ventilation and much more in our bigger controllers.From greenhouse shades to acres of Irrigation to sensors for all the environment data needed. I will give you full details of the whole controller,connections and programming the chips,buttons etc and some of the others we have designed in thread or maybe PM asap depending on the depth of info u want. I'm afraid my grow partner is less open than me and wont have a web prescence at all.
Also as we have systems out there already with lots of peeps(not all for Canna) we can't be too open as they are unique systems and easily traceable due to the custom nature of the system. I'm not at that particular location for a day or 2 and don't have the rite laptop with me but will sort u out details and better pics when poss. Happy Growing JBo URBN TRCHMLGY :wave:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Man ur just what we need....someone who knows how to out a multiflow controller together DIY.... i mean with what youve got there...the ordinary mutiflow controller would be childsplay huh... I wish i knew about electrics and electronics to do all this.
i remeber someone aaaaages ago posted up the schematic for the uk version of themultiflow controller.....
Have you got any idea how much it would cost to get the parts for a normal muultiflow type controller?

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Harry Gypsna said:
Man ur just what we need....someone who knows how to out a multiflow controller together DIY.... i mean with what you've got there...the ordinary mutiflow controller would be childsplay huh... I wish i knew about electrics and electronics to do all this.
i remeber someone aaaaages ago posted up the schematic for the uk version of themultiflow controller.....
Have you got any idea how much it would cost to get the parts for a normal muultiflow type controller?
Hi Harry howzitgoin? Thanx for the interest mate,glad to be ANY kind of inspiration! We only make them because we have to as all the commercial ones are laughably crap,badly thought out and overpriced,we have set people up with many great little custom setups for not much more than all the crappy,one timer,no processor multipot systems that are flooding the market in the last few years(I won't name names but they are ALL rubbish except GH who are extortionate but pretty good IMHO.
The system controllers we make range from about £290 to £18000(aaargh! nightmare!) but have been custom to individuals each time and parts are always upgraded and changed due to better parts becoming available or original parts discontinued.We also upgrade the OS every year(takes a few minutes with laptop and lead)for most clients so they aren't left behind as we progress.
I think you could maybe make one for about £150 depending on its complexity off your own steam but don't hold me to that!(Whats your MO anyhoo,if its just the watering control you are after its relatively simple but we always prefer to control everything we can from the panel and that gets complex).
We do have a Database for our parts,suppliers and all our system combinations but you'll have to bear with me for that as our main computer is not available to us at the mo as we have had to move operations twice this year due to Bullshit beyond our control and are semi-on call to about 18 projects rite now which is really fuckin up my lovelife I can tell ya.
But we are well secure now and will try to share as much as we can with the community,within reason obviously.But we have been ripped off many times for our Tech and £'s in this bizniz so aren't very trusting I'm afraid(We do have to be careful as well though as our systems are easily traceable by pigs due to the custom nature and so we can't just reveal all on forums).
I am happy to talk to u privately on these matters when we have settled in and I have some downtime though Harry.
The main reason we are posting now after years out of the loop is we just wanted people to set their sights a little higher as we were never satisfied with the 'Control' available from the 'Shop products' and hope to show at least a few people that D.I.Y. can be better than whats out there.
We honestly couldn't have made the systems the same for years because we dont have the bulkbuying clout with our suppliers to be able to futureproof and to be honest we don't ever repeat ourselves as we like to move things on and are busy with amongst other things;
'Real Aeroponic with backup flood for multipot systems',
Something we call 'Humidity-dependant Vapourponics, that is truly astonishing in its growth rates.But is for Experts only as it really makes growing a 'by the second' science.
A truly simple tray watering system for individual small pots and rockcubes for growshelves etc as I breed a lot and always have a nightmare with loads of little ladys of diff types and requirements that are in diff media for diff projects.
And a great little cupboard/tent system that combines Vapour,DWC,F&D and is Run to waste or Recirc and has sensors for bloody everything(PH,EC,Temp,Humidity) at root and plant level as we want to cater for the little(but Cannaseur)guys as well....We have just started the first test runs on the latter and I will make a thread for that as soon as I can.
To be honest we always hated N.F.T. as we like plant movability and couldn't afford 'True Aero' at the time so have been doing variations on these type of systems for ourselves and others since '97 or so(there is a 2x300 pot one[not ours we dont run tings that big,we just set them up and stay on call] that we call the 'F.O.G.' or Forest of Green'' thats still running after 6 years constant with minimal maintenance and maybe 5 callouts total,It is a truly Beautiful sight,bloody Regal in fact! I won't tell you the avg Yeild as you won't believe me anyhoo!LOL)We were inspired after seeing our first Dutchpot Greenhouse near Haarlem and we knew immediately we could improve on them the second we saw them.
Before u praise me for the electronics etc though I must make you aware I am part of a crew and its my 'Silent Partner' who is ex-L.E.B. and ex Apple Tech who is the main wirer and programmer!
I learnt everything I know about the Installations,electronics,ventilation etc from him and he learnt everything about plant biology,cultivation,breeding and Hydroponic and Lighting theory he knows from me. As our 15 year partnership has carried on we have somewhat met in the middle and can both handle all sides of this wonderful game quite well individually,but choose not to,because together we are a force to be reckoned with. Plus when you have someone you can trust 200% in this game you need to keep them around! (But I'm sure I don't have to tell you that do I Harry?)
I will try to sort out part lists this week so I can steer people in the right direction but we honestly found alll our best parts and many alternatives with simple web research and lots of driving round the U.K. and E.U. We have always wanted to provide versions off the peg for people but people at Hydroshops and Distributors either don't understand our systems or try to rip them off(badly) so we are busy with our solicitor buddy sorting out some patents and hope to sell via our own premises and web site etc in the next 2 summers or so.Inshallah! Avoiding all the idiots we have dealt with in the past hopefully and providing a fair deal with backup and guaruntees. Although we may be based in Espana by then as we are more interested in using the controllers for major irrigation projects bcos we realised recently that we don't really have a competitor in the 'legal' irrigation market either and want a bit more 'Real' sunlight in our lives.The Sodium glow is gettin us down!
Good growing mate and I'll speak to ya soon JBo :rasta: :wave:

Budweiser13

Londinium I am mainly interested in the flood and drain operation. I have been checking out those Mitsu controller. I know a little bit about PLC'S. Do you have to use the controller system software to actually program the setting's to your specific needs or can you program the controller with the push buttons on the front of it? I am seriously thinking of making one of these controller's.......... :wave:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Budweiser13 said:
Londinium I am mainly interested in the flood and drain operation. I have been checking out those Mitsu controller. I know a little bit about PLC'S. Do you have to use the controller system software to actually program the setting's to your specific needs or can you program the controller with the push buttons on the front of it? I am seriously thinking of making one of these controller's.......... :wave:
Yes the one pictured can be programmed from front panel but is a little slow at first and the wiring is kinda fiddly.But they are worth it as they are rock solid in operation and quite flexible.Just plan it out well on paper before you wire it up and make sure you have your head round the ins and outs and how they need to link to each other. Its all 0's and 1's really.
Lemme know which model you get and I'll try and get some tips to ya specific to the unit you use as they are quite different when it comes to the setup and we first programmed the one shown about 5 years ago and the newer model is a little diff I beleive. If we still have our old setup sheet for that project I'll share it with you. Good luck and Light JBo
:rasta:
P.S. We still use an 8 year old laptop still sometimes to upgrade clients at their site and it works fine and that would probably cost only $40 dollars over there,the pc to mitsu connection isn't expensive and software is free so the computer option isn't necessarily an expensive one and its loads more fun and flexible with the computer link-up.
You dont need a mac or a twincore pentium or anything LOL and we could help u via web a little at least.We have a few clients with p.c. connection permanently to their Mitsu waiting for my partner E who is just sorting out the best remote desktop route so we can help and adjust from afar soon.

Last edited:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Typical we finally try to share our very personal custom tech with peeps after years underground and my pics have dissapeared the next day after I post,maybe I should take that as a sign from above.Back down we go!
Someone bump me when my pics are back,My skin starts to burn after too long on the surface....URBN TRCHMLGY signing out......to be continued! (I hope).

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
hi Londinium...
everyones pics have vanished mate-problem with the server but im sure theyll be back soon fella...
Once pics are backj-watch for my new DIY combination fan and heater controller with 5 step transformer for silent speed control.... LOl I was going to make the thread tody and theres no pics ...typical....
be lucky mate

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still having probs with pics upload but will keep trying and update asap,Just giving the girls a lower trim to get rid of stragglers(and starting to think I'm gonna need a bigger room...again...lol) JBo

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
1 measly pic from 2 days ago b4 first trim 4 u.....after 50 mins of iterrupted upload attempts:

I'll keep trying JBo :joint:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A few more pics from b4 and after trim 2 days ago. Girls are doing fine and showing lots of pistils except 2 GDoc's who always kick in late but are quite explosive when they finally get going. raised lights twice and moved plants around the buckets a little. Cleaned filters(irrigation) and Changed nutes from grow with a little bloom to all Bloom. PH averaging 5.7 to 6.2 so not adjusting it.Conductivity at 1.7 to 1.8. The 8 pots r using 30 to 45 litres of liquid a day at mo'. Temps avg 26-27 day and 19-20 lites off.
Got a neat little aerator for the rez and tweaked a few bits and bobs. Still working on aluminium ventilation exhaust multi-spigot box and need to do similar for Input when we can. Managed to finish the framework and sheeting for the other equal space and gonna talk to E about definitive plans for the other flower space over next few days. Still thinking Bioponic at the moment and maybe HPS/MH mixed lighting(but not deffo yet) as I plan to grow mostly longer flowering Sativa leaning strains in that room or test diff plants at same time so gonna need more flexibility and control than this 8-10 weeker room.

GDoc b4 trim \/

POGs b4 trim \/

centre channel after some trimming \/

After trim \/

Last pic after trim \/

May all your Plants be happy and bright! JBo URBN TRCHMLGY :wave:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's some of the seedlings that may go into the second room when its ready once I have gender tested them all. They are from a 'Pot Luck' jar of seeds I lost and found from the mid 90's with a lot of seeds from breeding projects back then,all great genetics though(some unavailable elsewhere now). So I 'm quite excited about them,I tried germinating 40 or so and got 17 seedlings. One I threw away as it was weak runt and I'm a heartless bastard!(its good to cull). Theres at least 11 diff types amongst them as far as I can tell already,so that's bloody marvellous!
Theres 16 of them varying from wide leaved monsters to skinnyleaved and delicate in the little grow space and I know what strains they COULD all be from (bcos I know what genetics I had at the time)but they were all the unmarked or mixed up seeds from back then so I can't be sure of lineage until they are budding and smoking,although a few are becoming obvious already. I'll be able to give some proper info about them soon,when I have Kwik-flowered clones of them. Some of the stemrub aroma's are so delicious and familiar they're making me feel old!
I'll post them in detail when they are grown up some and my pics are better!

LondonWhitesx?\/

\/TranskeiLimeGreen'sxPurplePinapple or Silver Pearl?

SAGExMAZE?\/

Ketama(BX)xKushala[ChitralaxHinduKush]

:rasta: :jump:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts