What's new

Microgrow Sativas?

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I really want a sativa high, I really don't feel like I've ever had one, and what better way then growing my own? My first grow will definitely be some random bagseed, but have any of you micro-growers grown sativa dominant strains? How much harder is it with all the training? Also, does anyone have any reccommendations for a good sativa high that can be grown in a small cabinet?

I was looking through seedbay and annaC's "Montel's Pride x NYCD" I'd love to get some of those seeds, but I have no address besides my residence so ordering seeds isn't a risk I want to take at the moment.

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
There are plants like c99 which tend towards a sativa high, but for the true sativa buzz you're going to want something that isn't exactly suited to microgrowing.. True sativas tend not to make dense buds, and they're often fairly tall and lanky, so to get a decent yeild, you need to grow fairly large plants..

The only other option you might have would be to find a sativa (or sativa dom) strain which will produce big single colas if left untopped, and do a SOG with plenty of small clones (depending on your available space)..

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I've seen a lot of mention of Apollo 11. All I could find on seedbay was Apollo Mist, where does everyone get Apollo 11? Who's the breeder?

Edit: Didn't see anything on seedboutique either, but I found some at Dr. Chronic from Spice Brothers, I don't see any of their seeds on seedbay so is this the only place to get them? I've heard good things about Dr. Chronic, I'd only consider ordering from there or seedbay/boutique.

Last edited:

0p0rat0r

I just finished a sativa dominant bagseed grow in a little speaker setup, 1 square foot and about 27" total height, and I didn't have any problems, and on top of this I yielded between 35 and 50 grams off one plant using only 130 watts CFL, buds were small but there were so many branches and they were all fairly long it made up for that. I used LST and tied her down. It's all in the training. I find almost all commercial smoke I get is indica dominant by far.

G

C99 x Apollo 11 is really great, too. It worked wonderful in my SCROG, but would also have done well with LST.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
0p0rat0r said:
I just finished a sativa dominant bagseed grow in a little speaker setup, 1 square foot and about 27" total height, and I didn't have any problems, and on top of this I yielded between 35 and 50 grams off one plant using only 130 watts CFL, buds were small but there were so many branches and they were all fairly long it made up for that. I used LST and tied her down. It's all in the training. I find almost all commercial smoke I get is indica dominant by far.
I yielded between 35 and 50 grams off one plant using only 130 watts CFL

right on was the weight wet or dry and cured

0p0rat0r

Actually I didn't weigh it, it's just an estimate by eyeing it out so I could be a bit biased or exagerating, but it looked somewhere between 35 and 50 grams to my eyes and that was dry. Too bad I burnt it towards the end, and it wasn't very good smoke, specially after wait for 15+ weeks to finish. I was impressed by the yield though and in fact this particular grow made me think sativas can be perfect for scrogging despite most people on forums advocating plants with more indica characteristics for scrogs and confined spaces.

Mr_Micro

I'd really like to know where to find some Apollo 11 seeds as well. I'm usually a indica kinda guy but I've been thinking about finding a nice sativa for a good daytime smoke.

My problem is that most sativas make me feel really racey and usually give me anxiety attacks. I smoke mostly for relief of some anxiety problems I have so indicas are really the way to go...the downside is that indicas can really couchlock you and make you pretty much non-functional for awhile. So I'd really like to find a strain with a good clear headed sativa high that won't make me feel "racey".

Anyone think Cindy 99 might be a good choice for this?

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High Bounty! Nice thread, cant help you much but I was thinking the same as you. This is something that I was considering too.Peace, TBug

High 007! Nice avatar! Grim rocks! Peace, TBug :wave:

THE MUFFIN MAN

I've grown Sativa dominant strains in a cab with about 3 feet to work with.
I've found the scrog works best. just keep tying down or tucking under the screen through out the streching period. Make sure you leave enough space for the stretch.
MUF.

mtnjohn

Veteran
Mr_Micro said:
I'd really like to know where to find some Apollo 11 seeds as well. I'm usually a indica kinda guy but I've been thinking about finding a nice sativa for a good daytime smoke.

My problem is that most sativas make me feel really racey and usually give me anxiety attacks. I smoke mostly for relief of some anxiety problems I have so indicas are really the way to go...the downside is that indicas can really couchlock you and make you pretty much non-functional for awhile. So I'd really like to find a strain with a good clear headed sativa high that won't make me feel "racey".

Anyone think Cindy 99 might be a good choice for this?

never smoked the c-99 but i have heard that it is more racy than a-11

ixnay007

Veteran
Well when I talk about sativas I think of things like this:

A11 is nice but just a sat dom..

Yes TBUG, grim rules :)

ixnay007

Veteran
Purple haze :)

Bout 8 years ago it was crossed with an afghani, but then the subsequent generations were selected for sativa characteristics..

It's only defect is that spider mites love it.. that and finishing in december outdoors.

HYDROJUNKIE

fyi C99 causes anxiety pretty bad with some people,...also makes it so you dont want to sit down...lol

Ive shared some c99 with some friends and they started acting paranoid and drinking tons of water and pacing around my kitchen..lmao

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High Rhino! :wave: Nice, about how tall are they? Thanks and peace, TBug