What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Microbusiness

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
https://www.regulatemi.org/initiative/

Does this mean people with drug convictions quailfy or are not mentioning that?

Chemdawggy Dawg

I feel like voting yes is going to be a bad idea. Look at the prices in the other states. I know a guy who tried to get several licences with a group of investors. They were denied on every attempt. He wasted a lot in fees.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I completely agree. The only reason I think it might be good is the microbusiness part. And it looks fragile and easily removable. My thought is that it is going to be legal everywhere soon. And having this might just protect us in the future. Not likely.

Usually legalization laws are enacted entirely different then what you vote on. Your legislators will adjust the wording to what they think is best after it’s passed. Business thrives in a medical environment and pretty much gets sold out under legalization.

growingcrazy

https://www.regulatemi.org/initiative/

Does this mean people with drug convictions quailfy or are not mentioning that?

If you are a current caregiver then you have nothing to worry about. You are eligible for the smaller licenses. IF you already have a MMFLA license then you are eligible for the larger license. Its all in there.

If you have previous convictions that do not allow you to become a caregive,r then your out not eligible until the record is expunged.

The positives on this bill far out weigh the negatives. We can actually have small growers filling jars at shops. We will have pressure from big business, but that is business. Budweiser isn't going anywhere.

This bill gives us small guys a chance. If you bust ass and have good product, you will succeed. It is simple business.

Sure hope it passes because our medical system is going to go down hill if it doesn't. I can see busts left and right for anyone moving meds "legally" if this doesn't pass. Multiple jurisdictions banking on a no vote so they can say they are doing the work that the people in the state want.

If you vote no simply because you can't make enough money in this system, please go find a new state. That statement is for anyone.

I'm looking forward to off-grid light dep all year round at my place. Can't fucking wait.

Last edited:

growingcrazy

Usually legalization laws are enacted entirely different then what you vote on. Your legislators will adjust the wording to what they think is best after it’s passed. Business thrives in a medical environment and pretty much gets sold out under legalization.

Michigan is a completely different animal than the others. WE don't have legal dispensaries. Anyone operating previously was 100% illegal in the states eyes.

Michigan medical system

-dispensaries illegal
-can only sell to your 5 patients
-can only carry 2.5 oz/patient
-all money involved is scrutinized by the state board
-New MMFLA act makes vending/growing legal = BIG $$$

Our state set thing up so growers supply patients. Period. No big money, no dispensaries.

Business's are still making money, but we aren't like other Med states.