What's new

Microbes and microscope info

Trichgnomes

calm down now i don't want to have to be the post deleting nazi.

Too late! lol. Just kidding Jay. I just wanted to make something clear, not continue this foolish argument. I believe said poster mentioned something to the effect of me pushing ACT brewers, or that I had some type of financial gain by promoting microscopy or ACT brewers that sustain optimum levels of dissolved oxygen. That could not be further from the truth! I only objective is to learn, and help others learn. I have gained invaluable information here from a lot of really intelligent folks, and feel indebted to the community. FTR, I do not even own a microscope for myself, let alone am I trying to sell them. Ok, I'm done, sorry for the Troll food, I just do not want be misrepresented.

mad librettist

Veteran
So if you want to start a thread about why a microscope is unnecessary, we can have a healthy debate in a place of proper context.

if this is to mean anything the mods have to start providing a proper context. basically a self deleting "fight club" where you go and hash it out to keep it off of searchable threads. People get frustrated when they feel overlooked or slighted or when they want to discuss beyond the point where the majority are satisfied.

just my .02$

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if this is to mean anything the mods have to start providing a proper context. basically a self deleting "fight club" where you go and hash it out to keep it off of searchable threads. People get frustrated when they feel overlooked or slighted or when they want to discuss beyond the point where the majority are satisfied.

just my .02$

This is not the case here Mad. This is just someone trying to stir the pot.

S

secondtry

“Silence is a source of great strength.” Lao Tzu

What is your favorite translation? I really like the translation by John C.H. Wu (1989), Shambhala Dragon Editions. By far my favoite 'version' I have found, started reading it in the early 90's.

Thanks for that post. Good stuff.

Zendo

What is your favorite translation? I really like the translation by John C.H. Wu (1989), Shambhala Dragon Editions. By far my favoite 'version' I have found, started reading it in the early 90's.

Thanks for that post. Good stuff.

Over the years I've read a few, from the ones that seem to be a casual interpretation, ones that seem to be translated to fit a certain spiritual need of the expecting reader, to the very strict true to Chinese language and culture.

I like to read them all, as it's interesting to see how people interpret and are affected by the philosophies.

I did have a favorite though. I wore the covers off, and read it until it was torn to bits. For the life of me, I cannot remember who it was translated by.

The scientific hypothesis as I understand it is; using a microscope, a person is able to see the number of microbes in his sample and if he so wishes and is capable, he can identify the various microbes he sees to check for bio-diversity.

Perhaps you can give a scientific explanation as to why looking at the microbe numbers and diversity of such does not qualify as a valid scientific evaluation of his tea?

Back from the dead!

Sampling method, size and evaluation process is too inaccurate. It is still a lot of fun, so by all means, as the op said, 'nerd out'.

CD