What's new

micro outdoor

B

B. Self Reliant

I don't see why a micro outdoor grow wouldn't work. There are several methods for keeping plants small, regardless of indoor or outdoor. One is to start them indoors at an appropriate time, and then plant them outside sometime in July. Timing would be dependent on strain and what size you want them to finish at. This would keep them small because they aren't vegging at all, just transplanted and then they start flowering. many people call these types of plants "minis." You could also put them into small containers that will keep them root bound and small in size. If your goal is to keep them small, timing is the main thing to worry about. Assuming you're growing under the sun without any sort of cover to force flowering, you need to have them ready to go when flowering will start outside at your latitude with your strain.

I would bet that the reason most people don't do this is because you have to make a difficult choice. Plants that are in the ground, even minis that are planted late in the season, will get bigger that what I would call a true micro grow. On the other hand, plants outside in the sun need a lot of water when grown thru flowering in smaller containers. You might need to water everyday, or better yet have it automated, during flowering. I don't know what your definition of micro grow is, but I think of plants in 16 ounce containers or something similar, and they'll need to be watered quite often in the summer sun with a flowering cannabis plant in there. If you were close enough to them to do this conveniently, I don't see why it wouldn't work. You could even scrog a plant or two and keep it really low inside of a rubbermaid bin or whatever. If an opaque bin is 22" tall, you could have 4" of growing medium, with a SCROG screen 8" above the top of the medium, and still have 10" to conceal the plant's top before you even needed to think about someone knowing what's going on in your storage bin. Shit, with that plan you could even pick it up and put it inside a dark place to force flowering.

Latest posts

Latest posts