What's new

Micro Lifesaver

GreenStreet

I had 3 seeds of Lifesaver, so decided to grow them out next. The seeds were soaked 2 weeks ago and put into a mix of 70/30 coco/perlite and watered. The 2 plants in the green pots came up within 24hrs, while the 2 plants in white pots came up in 3 days and came from 1 seed. This happened to me before and usually keep the stronger of the 2, but they both seem to be healthy so I kept them both. Their under 192w Red CFLs and will be fed using Canna Coco nutes.
GS

duggy

yaar! holy smokes, baby! i've never had two plants come from one seed! i think yr on to s.thing here!

(lookin real purdy.)

duggy :smoker:

DragonX

I have had that happen quite a few times with Lifsaver. :) 1 of my favorite strains.

Happy growing
DragonX

Laxpunker

I've had that happen a few times. First time it happened was with some Blueberry, I tried to save both of them but surprisingly it was the runt that survived. The bigger girl just seemed to give up the will to live...if that makes any sense...considering it's a plant.

GreenStreet

Thats what usually happens, 1 of the plants die, but the little one turned out nice this time around. Their all doing well, I'm trying for atleast 3 female.
GS

Dr.NO

Those LS look nice and healthy! I've got a LS bush of my own in a 7 gallon pot at 3 weeks flowering.

GreenStreet

Hello all,

I never grew both of them out Heady, but I guess we will soon see. Here are some current pics of the crop.

Lifesavers

Twin 1

Twin 2

I know these are alittle of topic, but I thought I would share some pics of my other grow. I've found growing tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and eggplants to be just as rewarding.
GS

My Tomato Plants

Peppers & Cucumbers

Tomatoes

Last edited:

GreenStreet

I took a look at the plants this morning and it looks like I ended up with two girls. I have 1 female between the larger plants so I threw the large male out. I looked at the twins and one has male flowers, but the other has yet to show any flowers. Since the males tend to flower early, I'm guessing the other one will be a female. I will flower the larger one, and make seeds with the twins. It seems the two plants from one seed don't produce same sex plants. I'm interested to see how the seeds turn out from breeding them.

Has anyone out there ever made seeds under these conditions?
GS

Large Female

Small Female