What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MICRO HAZE / SATIVA THREAD

N

newtothiscoco

How can you possibly tell? I've grown supposed indica dominant plants that looked very sativa and vise-versa. I've also grown with different methods of cultivation that influence the way a plant looks. I, like most everyone else I assume, trust the breeders more than someone like you. Please don't bother responding to me unless you have something constructive to add...like pictures of your sativas....

hey dude its easy to look if its a hybrid.. but what ever here is a link i just made for you so you can look at the difference :) here you go

http://imgur.com/AGkHKWl

N

newtothiscoco

ps. a indica dominant hybrid is more wide in the leff structur , a sativa dominant hybrid is slimmer in the leff structur . ps. sorry for the bad English. but i think you understand it :)

maybe you learned something new today.
the pic is of a pure sativa and a hybrid and a indica . if you cant tell

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Here's another good one, Sam's Thai Haze x Skunk:

picture.php

Notice the bud growth along the entire length of the stem,
a classic trait of long flowering, narrow leaf cannabis.

But of coarse there are also broad leaf long flowering cultivars.

Micro style, I try to grow this twice a year. Given enough
space could easily go 6' or more. Tight root space, short
veg time, and low stress training keeps it small.

I just chopped one a couple weeks ago, I'll post some stash
shots soon.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

some Border Haze (Cannafornia)

i assure you these are all sativa. SSHxMexicanSativa i've grown pure oaxaca seeds that shitty looking thing i posted a page back. notice it's leaves aren't thin nor very fat.

you're over simplifying it newtococo. there's short sativa's see above ^^^ 6 weeks from seed 6 inches tall. you're looking at only the leaves you gotta look at the whole plant. sativas tent to not do much branching they usually grow single cola's whereas indica's tend to bush out. true indica's tend to have really wide fat leaves and sativa's tend to have skinny thin leaves. but it also depends on climate. mexico is a country in between 2 oceans with mountain areas that are drier and coastal areas that are more moist. wide leaf plants have more surface area to help them transpire more water and catch more sun.
thailand is a fairly dry place as are most parts of africa where you find thin ass leaved sativas. less surface area to get hot and need cooling.

back to the hays.

earthwyrms

BUMP, for goodness sake

BUMP, for goodness sake

Catman, post #34, how did that Zamaldelica do?

if that is "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]30 days 11/13[/FONT]" then when dealing with long flowering sativas, when can one be aware that buds will be pollinated if there are males from an overlapping cycle?

i mean, what if some hybrids are in flower
and there is a pollination
or a controlled pollenation of a bottom popcorn nugget,
then when can a pure sativa growing alongside them, later in sowing, be safe from foriegn pollen?

earthwyrms

i found your log, so i was quick to reply. the question i asked i still don't know though about the stages where long flowering sativas are immune to pollinization.

i am currently reading at https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=290740&page=3 at your post #35
where you wrote you keep the Z 02 mother pruned and you have no preflowers.
i am still learning, and am unsure, are you keeping the mother under the same 11/13 light cycle?
is it the pruning that keeps her from flowering, possibly indeffinately?
i guess if a person didn't have access to two micro chambers, this would be important for keeping a mother, if they aren't conatantly cloning/taking cuttings.

please help me out on the last posts question,
thanks

Arf

Does the introduction of high power LED COBs make some of these micro grow sativas any easier to keep under control?

Popice

Does the introduction of high power LED COBs make some of these micro grow sativas any easier to keep under control?

Id think the training with anything higher power would have to be more in depth and constant. more light, more growth. learning how long to veg to maximize root space. hope you can get some branching and then if you dont mean restricting stretch size from lower light conditions, it will give you more to control over faster plants but more plant. so then with LEDs they possibly wont get burnt from hitting a cfl or something else, just lightbleached.
you can teach most any plant to work in most any size if the right lighting is there. it might take a run or three but more light for the same size will usually always give you more control than the run before.

Arf

Id think the training with anything higher power would have to be more in depth and constant. more light, more growth. learning how long to veg to maximize root space. hope you can get some branching and then if you dont mean restricting stretch size from lower light conditions, it will give you more to control over faster plants but more plant. so then with LEDs they possibly wont get burnt from hitting a cfl or something else, just lightbleached.
you can teach most any plant to work in most any size if the right lighting is there. it might take a run or three but more light for the same size will usually always give you more control than the run before.

Since I posted that question, I have found in other threads, that strains like Nevilles Haze indoors don't need as much light when flowering as most other strains, which is counter intuitive. They often tend to yield more if they are a little bit back in the shadows.

Like you say, good training is the answer to micro grow sativas.
I am testing some KC Brains Haze Special atm. which is NH x KC606. I will see how that goes at about 25W/sq ft.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I really love growing with led lights lots of good power while using less electricity from your house/apartment and they are cooler temps. good luck on this grow. will be cool to see a haze girl grow to full bloom. :)

about leave with, i more and more get the idea what it doesnt mean shit anymore, since the crossing of old world plants, the degentics is all over the place, ive been indica pine trees with skinny landrace sative leaves, and fat round indica leaves on a sative structure

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
my micro od late august first start mexi male ,the plant in bag is mob boss but the mexi is in 1 just like it right now

Arf

A bit of experimenting, and I found that topping during vege, then low stress training the two main branches horizontally with tie downs seems to work best for me with the Hazes. Every now and then I get a crappy pheno which just wants to foxtail forever, not much I can do about that. Nevilles Haze and KC Brains Haze Special both have phenos that work ok in micro grows.

earthwyrms

A bit of experimenting, and I found that topping during vege, then low stress training the two main branches horizontally with tie downs seems to work best for me with the Hazes. Every now and then I get a crappy pheno which just wants to foxtail forever, not much I can do about that. Nevilles Haze and KC Brains Haze Special both have phenos that work ok in micro grows.
do you use 12/12 or 11/13 for flower?

Arf

do you use 12/12 or 11/13 for flower?

12/12 I can't be bothered reprogramming timers.

I weed out the long phenos that foxtail and don't finish, I know some people like to do 10/14 to try and get them to finish. Can't see the point, ultimately it's all about the total number of photon hits the plant gets during the lights on period each day. You can alter that count with light period, light height, or wattage.

The NH likes to go 16 weeks, but there are shorter phenos, you just have to grow enough of them. I like haze phenos that finish in about 12 weeks or less, the Haze Special has a pheno like that.

300WLED30x30x60

Zero issues, but we shove them into a taller cabinet (not bigger, just skinny & tall). The real issue is the really long bloomers will continue to extend buds by several handspans in some cases. So you'll think you're fine and come back to an additional "crap I hit the lights" growth spurt over the weekend. With plants we're familiar with we try to time bloom to completely fill a cabinet by harvest, with ones we are not we start them in bloom the first time SMALL.

This one has been blooming since mid october:

View Image

This is one that bloomed last year:

View Image

Lovely flowers!!!:tiphat:

Sativan

My God, growing sativa hybrids is a crap shoot. When I grow them I get totally different results each time. In other words they're unpredictable.

Currently she's pushing on the ceiling a first for me. But I love my Sativas.

Arf

My God, growing sativa hybrids is a crap shoot. When I grow them I get totally different results each time. In other words they're unpredictable.

Currently she's pushing on the ceiling a first for me. But I love my Sativas.

I grew 4 x KC Brains Haze Special in a 3sq. ft. micro grow running up to Xmas, and 3 of them were very similar, the 4th. one stretched more than the others, had to tie it down, but no drama, extremely Sativa, but still finished in 12weeks. Nice smoke, kept me happy over Xmas break. Will grow it again for sure.