What's new

Micro CFL Grow - Inspired by DrBudGreengenes

I'll :joint: with ya! poor little things:(
I used to keep my seedlings on the stove under the hood and one time my girl turned the oven on and the vented heat half melted one of the cups and fried the plant but i nursed it back and it was the only plant out of five i actually harvested. Fate is a funny thing ever seedling deserves a chance:)

mg00c

Okay so really I only have one healthy plant left so yesterday I planted 18 more seeds. The temperature in my box is a little more under control now ranging from about 65 - 85 degrees. I will post more pictures as my new seeds sprout. for now here's my only living plant:

mg00c

So i made a few changes to the veg cabinet because the temps are still getting into the upper 80's lower 90's. I added an extra 80 mm fan and i rearranged some things to increase the airflow.

I figured I'd go ahead and flower out my one plant that seems to be doing good so i transplanted it today from it's little dixie cup to a nice 2 liter soda bottle. I moved it to the veg chamber and started it out with a 26 watt 6400k cfl. since it was the only plant in there i also made a barrier so the light would be right on the plant.

G

I wouldn't worry about it man, I have been growing for 12 years and I still make mistakes I think I just f-ed up a tray full of seedling :badday: We live and learn and try not to let the same things happen again. But thats the good thing about plants we can just make some more :joint: whats a little time worth if its not spent learning good luck on your plant I'm sending good vibes for a female for ya peace & thanks for sharing your grow :rasta:

mg00c

So we had a really hot day today and i checked on the little buggers and it was 105 in the veg chamber today. I obviously need to redisgn the veg chamber because i cannot control the temperatures. Granted this entire grow is in my shack out back i still need to get these temperatures under control.

Right now im focusing on the flower chamber though because a friend is going to start the seeds off for me then i can throw them into flower so we get some bud before this summers harvest. :rasta:

For now i have only my one little plant flowering but my friend will probably be able to get me at least 10 more plants to throw in there. We'll see how everything works out though.

peace :wave: ,
m

mg00c

Thanks GG those are some nice cabinets man. For stealth reasons though i have to keep my veg chamber pretty squat (I think 16" short) so im gonna redesign it by making it longer and throwing in some tube fluorescents and mounting all the electrical outside the cabinet. That may not happen for a while though.

Thanks for the replie bro,
m :joint:

G

I have no problem with heat its around 5 degrees more in the cab. than in the room,, The way I get the heat out is have a fan taking out the heat from the top of the cab.. and just some holes in the bottom as long as the exhaust hole is at least twice the size as the intake you will get a vacuumed effect or I think its called passive intake or something like that ,, just remember heat rises and I am sure you will figure something out good luck man,, peace

mg00c

Ok so I've just given up on all the seeds i planted in my vegging chamber because it was impossible to maintain temperature. I may plant some seeds and put them in the flowering box (start them at 12/12). I added 2 40 watt 2700k cfl to the flowering box and they're both directly over my one plant that's in flowering now. Growth for this plant seems to be good. here's a picture of it today.

mg00c

I decided to start a few more plants so i planted 10 seeds in 10 seperate 20 fl oz containers (soda bottles) and put them outside behind my shed so they would sprout from the sunlight rather than my little oven.... i mean veg box. For right now im planning on moving at least 4 of the plants into my flowering box and then the rest im gonna plant outside. I will post pics when they sprout.

Peace,
m

G

I have tip if you haven't already planted them? If you fill the cup or what ever only half full of soil you can fill in the rest to accommodate the stretch. Looking forward to seeing you grow some Dank good luck.

mg00c

Thanks Georgia Green. Unfortunately i already planted them but i will keep that in mind for the next time i plant some more seeds outside (probably in about a week or two im gonna plant 10 more seeds.)

mg00c

So i got bored today and decided to design a new cabinet on 3ds max. I've decided that my current veg cabinet is too small for me to effectively control the temperature in there. When i get the money and motivation i plan on building something like this. Estimated cost for this cabinet is about $150 (includes everything)

those intake outtake fans you see in the diagram can be purchased at the below link if anyone's interested.

http://www.buyextras.com/avcoco.html

mg00c

My friend brought me up 5 nice sprouts today and i threw them into flowering after a transplant into 20 oz bottles. I'm planning on adding a few more in a few days also
prolly another 5.

I added another 23 watt cfl in the flowering chamber so now i have 103 watts on the 6 plants. I'm gonna stop by and get 3 more 40 watt cfls sometimes this week after i add my new plants. I'll also pick up some nutrients this weekend.

The older plant i've been flowering is looking really good and i can see 2 little pistils coming out of each of the inner nodes but im not sure if they're female preflowers. No pictues but ill post some in a couple days.

mg00c

Here's my oldest plant. nice growth the leaves are gettin pretty big and its startin to smell up my grow box.

Here's the grow box with the 5 new seedlings in it.

mg00c

Here's more pics of my oldest plant taken today. Still can't deffinately determine sex but hopefully by next week ill know for sure.

and a close up

mg00c

Unfortunately my oldest and largest plant turned out to be a male so i moved him outside :badday:

I still have 6 plants in the flowering box right now and ill hopefully be adding more soon. I'll post pics later.

mg00c

Here's some update pics. They're 23 days into flowering.

This one here fell over and stayed on it's side for about 2 days because i only check on them every few days.

Thread seems kinda dead so i'll update again when i find out the sex of them for those of you interested.

peace,
m

Latest posts

Latest posts