What's new

micro cab questions

chalwasmoke

That looks really good Diesel N blood! But there is some things that makes it problematic.
I would have to poke a new hole on the outside that is full of speakers :( And i dont know if u guys noticed but the 2 outtakes is going to just one hole with the help of A PVC Elbow and a ''T'' pipe :) If i would turn the hole box upside down it wouldnt give me more airflow for passive intake.

My plan was to use the two holes as outtake with a thin layer of carbonmath over it. and the other hole as intake. The carbon would restrict the airflow a bit but it would still pull out more air then the intake and create negative pressure. I want this really stealth and cant have a strong fan makeing noise. So i thought it would work out. I might consider poking one more hole under the box :) The box is standing on those rubberthings u use under tabels and chairs, so it would let air through

chalwasmoke

I havent done any thing new on the box. but i have thought about the intake problem. And wonder what you think about this idea :)

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

The plan is to make bigger holes were the lower speaker are and then make them stick out a little bit so they leave a gap for air. The gap would be maybe 1cm and the holes about 85mm. So total it would be 2 speakers like that and one 8cm hole for intake. The outtake on the pic is 10cm

(as you can see on the outtake. The holes dont got exactly the same size as the plc pipe. so i calculate the 10cm outtake as 8cm)
Area outtake: 4*4 * 3.14 = 50cm2

Area passive intake:
4 * 4 * 3.14 = 50cm2
3.14 * 8.5 = 26cm
26 * 1 = 26 cm2
26 * 2 = 52
52 + 50 = 102 cm2

The area would be twice as big on the intake. Maybe a little bit less then calculated, i will try to make it as big as possible anyways :)