What's new

Micro 12/12 from seed growers dream cab CFL

skunkyuk

Ok then so i guess im back again for yet another run with my lights and the infamous 'The Church'!

This time iv downscaled the lights to ....your not guna believe this...2. Thats 2 - 18w bulbs with reflectors.

But iv upscaled the plants to 12.

Iv made a cool little MDF cab which iv designed from scratch figuring it out along the way. Well there was a cardboard box prototype which work fine, but theres that medioka word that basically means 'ok but could be much better :)'. So it was thought out and made up just how i wanted.

Also got a 4w pc fan with carbon scrubber design.

To sum up this cab ' CHEAP, SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE(i hope lol)).

So to sum up the whole run this time, we have:

2 x 18w spiral CFL - (EDIT - 2 worked, but i want more bud, now running 4 :))
1 x 4w pc fan with carbon filter
10 x White Widow, Northern Lights, The Church, BubbleGum, Blueberry
1 x grow box at 11"wide x 16"deep x 24"high
Roughly 3x3x3" pots (im trying new ones aswel) with soil and perlite
1 x ordinary guy with 2 indoor grows under his belt and a head full of crazy ideas:)

The PLAN: 6 plants in, 3 out every 3 weeks(or how long to show sex and get my 3 females). Since their not femmed seed (church is, rest aint) il germ 7 or 8, the best 6 will go into the cab, hopefully left with 3 healthy females to bring up to budding. Going for 7g per plant, which will mean 1/4 oz per week, just enough for me with a bit spare.

Right then you lot gotta catch up with me hear coz iv had this system going for just under 5 weeks now so the first batch was 3 femmed churches from last run, 2 cracked one survived. Wait this will be easier explaining like this ...

Right now this is where we are:

1 x church - 5 weeks this sat 13th (female)
3 x white widow - 2 weeks tomorrow
3 x northern lights - 1 week tomorrow
3 x blueberry - planted tonight for their first day of 12/12 tomorrow

Iv speeded things up a bit as il only get 1 church finish instead of 3.

Shit, i should also mension im giving them 13light/11dark all the way through, not the traditional 12/12 everyone seems to copy. The extra hours add up in my opinion, and with this method they need it!

So there ya go, il try get some pics up of the setup soon.

Hope you can join me for the long ride through this, i think its guna be fuckin ace and will be good to test some 12/12 strains out.

Wish me luck!

Last edited:

cfl420w

Woah!! 7g with 2 - 18w bulbs! I can't believe it's possible, but I wish you the best luck :)
I'm growing 10-15 plants with ~300w cfl and hope to get something between 1-10g each.
Now I'm of to check your past grows.

skunkyuk

pics

pics

Front view

A peak inside

From the look of the oldest plant, The Church, i think its possible but thank you and best of luck with your grow dude, il check it out later.

Time will tell :tiphat:

cfl420w

Nice looking setup mate. Gotta show this to my broke ass brotha, maybe then he realizes that he ain't too poor to start growing :) I don't have diary or pics here yet, but I'm gonna upload some pics to my gallery soon.

Btw your first church grow was dope!!

cfl420w

Must been stoned last night, cause I didn't remember that I have this one plant that went little hermie just after few days of flowering. I took of the 2 balls it had grown. After that I isolated it from my females just in case. Now I have been flowering it with only 2x11w cfls, and it looks great! Gonna upload pics of it in my gallery tomorrow.

skunkyuk

Thanks guys keep watching and see how these strains turn out.

Things coming on ok, the church is 5 weeks from seed today so got more pics. It looks like its a bit N deficient but im feeding bio bloom and grow. Its still shooting out pistils and growing into the light though! Could be too much ferts! These small containers and small plants are hard to judge.

Any fellow 12/12 growers out there? How many ml of bio grow and bloom per litre would you feed the big un? Today its 5 weeks from spouting, id say 1ml grow/1ml bloom today, this would last 7 days. Too much???

White widows are 2 and half weeks from seed and stink already :dance013: never tried homegrown white widow s o looking forward to these. Might cross a male ww with the church to make 'white chapel' - and fast growing heavy yielder with knock out amount of thc :jump:

Heres the pics as of today.

Sitka

Nice cfl grow

Nice cfl grow

This a day 37 afgooey that i have flowering under 2 27w cool white cfls and 1 23w warm cfl. But I use 1 tbls of molasses, 2 tsp of bloom, 1 tsp of catalist, 1 tsp micronutes, and 1/2 tsp of meta k. All to one gallon with lime to bring down the ph. I dont know how that works out for you or if it helps but, i hope it does.

F

feral

Front view

A peak inside

From the look of the oldest plant, The Church, i think its possible but thank you and best of luck with your grow dude, il check it out later.

Time will tell :tiphat:

Love the shelving aspect of this. No need to use CD;s, books, etc. to raise your plant. very effective. Idea though, what if you used wire type shelving that way you would allow some additional lighting below the units for whatever reason.

skunkyuk

This a day 37 afgooey that i have flowering under 2 27w cool white cfls and 1 23w warm cfl. But I use 1 tbls of molasses, 2 tsp of bloom, 1 tsp of catalist, 1 tsp micronutes, and 1/2 tsp of meta k. All to one gallon with lime to bring down the ph. I dont know how that works out for you or if it helps but, i hope it does.

Cheers sitka but that in ml? What bout pot size/soil/hydro? Is that 37days from germ or flower?

skunkyuk

Love the shelving aspect of this. No need to use CD;s, books, etc. to raise your plant. very effective. Idea though, what if you used wire type shelving that way you would allow some additional lighting below the units for whatever reason.

Cheers man. When i first thought about it new it would be fantastic to use, each lat takes the plant up or down - 1". Perfect for getting the plants as close as poss! Each platform is quite strong for the 3 plants with water, dont know what type of wire shelving you mean but if it ws strong enough it would allow some light to get down to the bottom for a cloning area.

Im actually in thought about fitting 2 fixed 11w cfl under the first 2 platforms to do exactly this, cloning! From the look of the first church plant i could have taken 4 clones from the bottom branches and added them to main area or used for breeding under the 11watters.

Cheers

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like it! Love these micro grows, specially with cfls. Anyone can grow their own and not break the bank.

I think the cfl produces better smoke than hps but maybe not the cmh.

grow1620

very nice, best of luck with your goal.

I think the cfl produces better smoke than hps but maybe not the cmh

I think cfl buds are superior quality to hps, cmh, mh...I've smoked the same strain grown under all 3 ..same soil, nutes..etc...the hid's definitely produce more weight, but cfl's produce the best quality (imho).

Strangely

Really like this idea and cab (and Montana, nice cab too, very tidy). This is eactly what I'm gunning for, flower from seed (maybe reveg or clone after intial grow/s), CFLs, might keep it Coco though... What sort of lumens per metre/foot do you think you're rocking? I'm wondering if I might be too hot.

Anyway, looking really good, pulling up a seat!

F

feral

hey Skunkyuk
On the wire shelving I was thinking something like the material used to build shopping carts or the grates off of a outdoor grill. You'll need to get a good cut off wheel somewhere but those two are super heavy duty. Might be able to find something at one of the 'dept.' stores types....walmart, kmart, whatever you have in your area. Maybe Ikea has something, they have everything else.

skunkyuk

Cheers fellas:tiphat:!

Strangely- Im running under 2000 lumens per sq ft. Each bulb is 950 lumens, my space is just over 1ft square. Im getting the feeling id be much better with another 18w bulb at the flowering end for the big plants, coz when the box is full and running full steam its gunna be cramped and lights wont reach the bottom of the plants. But im determined for the first run, to just use what iv got in atm, just to see.

feral- good idea mate, would be good for cloning, as clones dont need as much light, and supposedly root better with low light levels. Only prob with my cab is when iv got 6 plants waiting to show sex, i cant see there being a lot of light, if any, getting through the dense canopy of ganja goodness. Will keep an eye on the next run when i throw in 6 bubblegum seeds and see what lights getting through.

Meant to take pics tonight but mates come round and i needed to dp shopping aswel!

Update tomorrow hopefully. Quicky today incase dont get time tomorrow.

Blueberry- 1 week today - looking ok - 1 of them behind in growth.
Northern Lights- 2 weeks today - also 1 hanging back, but her 2 friends are looking good.
White Widow- 3 weeks today, i think ones a male, just a feeling. But all doing well, still no sex shown. Nother 3 days til sex is revealed i reckon,
And finally, The Church - fuck me. no really, i cant believe how big this bitch is, over 11" from soil to top, pistils everywhere. Shes 2 weeks flowering yesterday. Iv fucked the nutes up so thats had an effect on it, got a feed planned in the morning. 1ml grow/1ml bloom. See how that does her for a week.

Overall things going OK. Pics soon!

Cheers, SkunkyUK