What's new

Michigan Medical Clone Locations...

MIway

Veteran
Not the pharmaceutical industry, Pinkus. All the largest corporations will invest significant funds to develop effective medicine. This is a different industry, with different motives.

You just did agree. That is what I'm saying about the recreational market. This is the reason that I'm investing time into the marijuana industry, but not the medicinal focus.

you have an idealized view of the pharma industry, and what growing weed will look like in the future. wont be guys in lab coats growing in class 9 cleanroom, with several tens of millions in environmental controls. maybe they'll start 'growing' synthetic cannabinoids in a vial, and pop it into a pill... but if they source it from a real plant, it'll be like commercial corn production... and if lucky (like if they absolutely had to do it), filtering & isolating actives from everything else that was applied during the grow cycle.

but as a human consumable for recreational purposes, we'll here all the rhetoric for a clean product w rigorous quality controls that only specialized commercial growers can accomodate... only under a licensed & regulated market can such quality be assured. which is all crap, just like usda & fda & epa effectiveness in managing other public safety concerns. but, point being, very few will be left to legally grow & it wont be boutique... if we look to how the whole industry is shaping up. quality will be controlled & defined by the large commercial growers... and good enough is the name of that game, good enough to be profitable enough... the bottom line of a commercialized weed industry. if you want to grow/be allowed to grow in that world... you'l have to be able to pump out enough product to meet expectations & margins, and has to be good enough to sell & hit your goals... will be on the scale of any other commercial crop, with crop dusting & all. wont be indoors in a controlled enviro, nor boutiquey. to play, will have to become part of the problem... recreational or otherwise.

my take on it at least.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Regardless of the implemented model, my point remains valid. You will not be producing medicine of the same quality that the huge corporations with large capital and exceptional talent will be.

Well, unless you have serious connections, significant capital, can amass a significant following, etc... it will be difficult, but certainly possible.
Your point is not valid. You are simply wrong.

Tom? Do some due diligence as to who you are speaking please.
I am in the stage four cancer business. I already know my medicine is better.
Good days
Pal

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Better now, paladin420. Do you truly know your medicine? You own the latest equipment and possess the complex knowledge to operate and interpret the data? You are certain that you possess the best strain for your ailment? They will produce a more fitting product for your ailment in the future, with significant R&D budgets and access to truly revolutionary genetics. I am talking about the future of the industry.

Certainly the pharmaceutical facilities are better equipped (innovative technology and talent) for production than the average basement grower? They will be capable of quantifying the chemical constituents of the medicine, thus more specific treatment. These individuals will be testing the current strains, potentially breeding or sourcing from an accredited facility, and then effectively packaging.

Maybe it is just the legalization that will encourage testing facilities to invest, because there is great reward to be had from the development (which will be the large corporations motive, but will still result in a applicable product).

MIway, seems you are reinstating what I've already claimed regarding commercial production. This is observable in all business; any operation that large will not be producing exceptional product, hence the appeal of small batch production. Some will target the average consumer, others the connoisseur and some the budget market.

Comparable to the Micro brew revolution we have experienced in Michigan.

Where do you go for remedies? The doctor or seek natural practices?

As an example, look at the music industry. The largest producers possess the greatest budget, and the resulting product benefits from exceptional quality production and talent; the radio. Then look at independent artists, they are amassing a fan base at a exponential rate, their equipment is certainly inferior, but the content is far superior.

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I feel that you are attacking me, paladin420.

I sense that I am perceived as an enemy here. I did claim one absolute, but I'm also willing to change my view given sufficient rebuttal.

I'm attempting to understand and provide my insight.

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know, I've learned over and over again when under the influence of psychedelic substances that all this debate always leads to the same conclusion. At some point within the trip an individual seems to voice some revelation, and is quickly silenced, because the talk that follows always leads back to the same. There is no point of talk, only experience.

You truly realize that we are all the same, but having grown in different conditions. Much like Indica and Sativa, both originating from the same parent, but adapting to their conditions. Everything born within this universe, God?

I wish I could better communicate this observation, but it eludes me.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Well sir u are too long winded for me to quote so here we go.
If u had done what I had asked and looked into my posts you would not be asking if I am attacking.
My business is/was stage four cancer. My dead and dying patients are my source as to the effectivness of my (and a host of other 'hobbyists') medicine.

Enemy here? What u are is a stranger who asks for advice then proceeds to 'educate' on just how smart you think you are. The technical term is "AskHole"

Lastly? Quit trippin n typin ;)

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Well sir u are too long winded for me to quote so here we go.
If u had done what I had asked and looked into my posts you would not be asking if I am attacking.
My business is/was stage four cancer. My dead and dying patients are my source as to the effectivness of my (and a host of other 'hobbyists') medicine.

Enemy here? What u are is a stranger who asks for advice then proceeds to 'educate' on just how smart you think you are. The technical term is "AskHole"

Lastly? Quit trippin n typin ;)

You mad bro?

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hahaha, amen. Getting caught up in some weird shit. Seemed relevant, but just became weird.

Askhole, like it, haha.

It's what I have learned from other educated individuals on this site. The comment regarding how smart I think I am does come off as somewhat rude, but I understand the message.

This is also not my opinions or beliefs, but trends that I, and many intelligent individuals have observed.

The world is increasingly becoming more technical, more so are skilled, technically trained individuals in demand, and this will only increase, and at an exponential rate. Unless you are learning these complex skills, or contributing some revolutionary knowledge, you will become irrelevant. The world is naturally evolving towards greater efficiency. These machines are our way of achieving such efficiency.

Today is much more competitive. To truly differentiate yourself you need to invest significant time, or posses some inherent ability.

MIway

Veteran
i chuckled out loud at 'askhole' too... hadnt heard that one yet. nice pal! ;-)

tom, on the micro brew front... no one does gourmet spirits in th us, right? it is illegal, as i understand it. no one is allowed to operate a small time still w truly unique ingredients & flavors. it just isnt allowed, so there is limited competition, with major barriers to entry. you just cant play in that game. but beer? i am sure the coors & the like wish micro were illegal, and if not, at least they can be be bought out if get too competitive.

now, if you are at the start of a brand new developing market, and you have deep pockets w political influence even, and estimating your take on multiple billions of potential sales... how would you write the rules? with competition, or without? are you in control, or at the whim of a free market? what if the independent musical artist were regulated as illegal? we see that in many industries... barriers & restrictions. it would be most fair to compare mj to those markets & to predict the future on that.

my life experiences tell a different story... different from the ideals from early learnings as a kid... like varying morals, varying rights. even within business, we preach free market capitalism... thats a crock, it isnt true, it isnt accurate, it isnt real in america. it can happen, granted... like with newly emergent tech that revolutionizes our lives & expectations, i suppose. but this is mj... very old tech, with a very simple business plan... limit competition, have very reliable forecasts & margins, pump out as much as can be sold, as cheap as can be made.

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not familiar with spirits. I have watched moonshiners, haha.

No one was allowed to produce marijuana, nor cocaine; but where there is demand, individuals see the reward>risk and begin operation.

People can only be oppressed for so long, before the inevitable revolution. This is the constructal law, governing evolution and detailing how greater efficiency naturally arises.

Barriers to entry. You can see the separation begin in Colorado, where they demand excessive funding to begin production.

What's with business and ethics? Damn greed. Too much power. Rather than adapt your production, marketing, or another facet of the business, one can just flex their muscle? Damn.

I've become more of a realist, bordering cynical when exposed to such laws of the land - so it seems.

Betterhaff

Veteran
tom, on the micro brew front... no one does gourmet spirits in th us, right? it is illegal, as i understand it. no one is allowed to operate a small time still w truly unique ingredients & flavors. it just isnt allowed, so there is limited competition, with major barriers to entry. you just cant play in that game. but beer? i am sure the coors & the like wish micro were illegal, and if not, at least they can be be bought out if get too competitive.

The difference in the model is that alcohol is a legal commodity.

“Ingredients in our **** ***** ***** originate from the beautiful Grand Traverse region that we call home. From the rich soils comes our quality rye grown by the **** ******** in Williamsburg. Our water originated in the crystal clean glacial waters of the Great Lakes. With the quality ingredients, **** ***** ***** is a one of a kind ultra premium spirit, hand crafted in small batches and distilled 37 times.”

Latest posts

Latest posts