What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Michigan First State to Legalize!!?

S

swisscheese

www.repealtoday.org

Steps are being taken to get a constitutional amendment on the ballot next year 2012 for an all out legalization in Michigan! This is breaking news!!

What does everyone think? I've always said Michigan is the only state with a green thumb and many people have hope to end the oppression of decades of a failed war on peaceful, non derelict regular people.:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Good news.

IMO, the key to warding off the feds is regulation and how much applies. It wouldn't be the model that growers would choose but it would be a firewall between Michigan and JD.

We can't make homemade liquor because some of it would poison customers and some of us would get rich under the table. Sad fact that the same will apply to weed. We'll probably never get to the point we can live the good life from growing legally but Michigan could better serve the consumer by regulating the industry.

I hope to see something like the Cali model where independent growers legally make a living for their investment. What I don't want is the alcohol model where we're removed from the production side of the biz. IMO, getting the opportunity to produce will require at least as much regulation as the produce industry.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Great News!

Colorado is the first state to have it in the constitution... but it's still cool for Michigan to join the group. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
be advised that Michigan faces the same hurdles as the several other states with 'legalization' in the offing.
glad to hear it, but the hurdles are high.
it would be a great step for any of these states to 'legalize' cannabis.
as it is there is not much protection against federal interference, and the state (WA) seems to be genuflecting to the feds.
best regards for superceding federal authority.
...and i'm on your side.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
There are no hurdles, the state has no power, the feds have no power. When the people amend their constitution, the various governments can go pack sand. It matters not how much PIGS and paid looters think of the constitution, and their actions show complete disregard for the constitution.

The fact remains that if a state constitution is amended, that is the law of the land DESPITE how unpopular that constitutional amendment may prove to be. As an example look at CA prop 8 which amended the CA constitution to BAN gay marriage. Lots of city governments and the judiciary completely disagree with this discrimination; however it doesn't change the fact that San Francisco city hall no longer issues gay marriage licenses or performs marriages.

Once a state constitutional amendment is passed local and state pigs will have no ability to fuck with cannabis users, and if the local or state pigs do fuck with cannabis users they can be sanctioned in the same way they are for violating anyone else's rights.

:joint:

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
That is great to hear and with Ron Paul as President then you wouldn't have any issues at the fed level either.

gingerale

Veteran
There are no hurdles, the state has no power, the feds have no power. When the people amend their constitution, the various governments can go pack sand. [...]

The fact remains that if a state constitution is amended, that is the law of the land DESPITE how unpopular that constitutional amendment may prove to be. [...]

Once a state constitutional amendment is passed local and state pigs will have no ability to fuck with cannabis users, and if the local or state pigs do fuck with cannabis users they can be sanctioned in the same way they are for violating anyone else's rights.

:joint:

+1

S

swisscheese

Great News!

Colorado is the first state to have it in the constitution... but it's still cool for Michigan to join the group. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:
Colorado already has a state constitution amendment to totally legalize pot at the state level?

Useful Idiot

Veteran
I hate to be the negative Nancy, BUT, the Fed has already proven that the states have no say!!! No judge in any state or any vote will change that. Please don't get me wrong. I think states with any great idea should be able to do what they want.BUT do you think the Fed will allow it??? The example of what is to come has already been proven in med states. Underground folks!!! Don't trust ANYONE!! Especially our officials.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hate to be the negative Nancy, BUT, the Fed has already proven that the states have no say!!! No judge in any state or any vote will change that. Please don't get me wrong. I think states with any great idea should be able to do what they want.BUT do you think the Fed will allow it??? The example of what is to come has already been proven in med states. Underground folks!!! Don't trust ANYONE!! Especially our officials.

Also the Feds hold a LOT of power over the states in terms of state funding and revenue dollars issued to them, they can hold those $$$ back.

If their is ANY state that desperately needs those Federal dollars it's Michigan, good luck....I think your going to need it.

MIway

Veteran
it's also scheutte... he has issued edicts that say the state cops are to enforce fed statutes... for example, if a trooper pulls u over & you are a state legal patient holding within limits... they now will take that 'state legal' stash & detsroy it as it violates fed law & they can not act in violation to the highest law of the land by oath... honestly.

it would seem that if we do not protect the patient rights within the constitution itself, the laws on the book are entirely open to be disassembled at will by the powers that be. and some, like scheutte, have private business interests to maintain prohibition... think dow chemical... and he's top cop w the agenda to take down mmj... and he's doing it.

troopers seem to think the next leg session will bring about the complete end to trade anyway, so if the constitutional amendment doesn't work, then shit may come down. it'l b a battle this session, no joke... so lets get to work! ;-)

btw... nice to see u post swiss! ;-)

Latest posts

Latest posts