What's new

Michael Phelps Caught Smoking Bong

IKILL3RI

Who give's a shit if Michael Phelps hits it from a bong. They make this shit a big deal LOL. Just Legalize it already shit.

trueblu8

You must of missed the breaking news a couple days ago.

Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps spoke out in his first interview since a British tabloid published a photo of him smoking marijuana out of a bong, telling the Baltimore Sun on Wednesday that he's embarrassed and "clearly made a mistake."

The 23-year-old gold medalist, a native of the Baltimore area, spoke with a reporter from The Sun for almost 10 minutes after practice without media handlers, the newspaper reported.

"It's obviously bad judgment and it's something I'm not proud of at all," Phelps told The Sun. "I will say that with the mistakes that I've made in my life, I've learned from them. ... That's what I plan to do from here. It's definitely not what I wanted, and it's clearly not what my mom wanted."

Phelps told the Sun he was not a regular marijuana smoker, and that it "definitely wasn't easy" to tell his mother – a middle school principal – about the incident.

Phelps was arrested for driving under the influence and got 18 months probation in 2004, when he was 19, and he said the latest controversy reminded him of his mother's disapproval after the drunken driving arrest.

"This is just a stupid thing of mine that I did, and I have to live with it," he told the Sun.

A rich bitch.
Hmmm thanks for that info sirgrassalot. I think the key word here is responsibly. The way that statement of his sounds he is more embarrassed by his partying than just using weed recreationally. I guess he sees it as something that irresponsible people do (stoners, partiers). You see most of the public see marijuana users as stoners or partiers that are irresponsible low lifes that just want to get fucked up all the time. What they don't realise is that there are very successful and responsible people that like to indulge in it too. In that regard it's just like alcohol. And they should see it as such. There is a time and place for everything. Like anything else, it can be abused, but it can also be used in a responsible way.

trueblu8

It's too bad Phelps got caught abusing and not using in a resonsible way. He would of been a great spokesperson for the cause.

R

REDEYE_420

ERRRRR how many medals??? OMG hes got more gold round his neck than Mr.T how the fuck can they even think about charging him with shit when he repped the USA so strongly at the olympics-shouldnt be persecuted for GANJA anyway FULL STOP??
Phelps shouldnt have apologised either-he knew he had nothing to say sorry for!
FREE THE WEED!
Peace.

basspirate

shame

shame

Chances are Phelps was just going through the motions of a typical partier. To the non-connoisseur, smoking pot is just a way to fit in and look cool. Of course, these people are total weenies in that aspect as pot doesn't make you cool; it simply is way fucking cool. Anyhow, if he had any sense in his mind or truly appreciated the herb, he would have pointed out that the true error on his part was driving drunk-not smoking some pot. :dueling:

Due to the mainstream conception of pot, a benign-yet-forbidden-fruit, it attracts all types; unfortunately not just those of us who truly appreciate the subtleties, flavors and effects of cannabis in it's various states of growth and consumption.

I also think that he would have made a great spokesperson for the cause...

imagine the gold-medal bong rips he could probably take!

trueblu8

I think he apologized because he didn't want to lose all his sponsors and basically have it ruin his career. I agree though, he should of just apologized for the irresponsible partying and not the partaking of the herb. Like all the alcohol commercials say "please drink responsibly", he should of just smoked that bong responsibly. Then there would be no need to apologize. Lol.