What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Michael Phelps becomes greatest Olympic athlete ever...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Who's Michael Phelps? I've been watching NBC's coverage the last few days, never heard of him....
:muahaha:
Seriously though, I'm about all Michael Phelps-out. I'd rather watch women's beach volleyball...:joint: lot of buttafaces there, but those perfect tans.... :bigeye:

J

James-Bong

Cali smoke said:
Who else can claim winning 11 gold medals at a single Olympic games?

How many gold medals has tiger woods won?

More importantly, how many have you won?

/end thread

He hasn't won 11 in a single olympics..... the 11 golds is the total amount of gold he has won in all the olympics he has competed in.

Mark Spritz has the record of 7 golds in a single olympics back in 1972.
Phelps has a chance to beat that record this year, he has a chance to seize 8 golds.

thunderpob

Indeed the greatest Olympic swimmer of all time. you can take nothing away from him.

but being English the title of greatest Olympian still goes to Sir Steven Redgrave, 5 Olympics 5 Golds 16 years at the top. nuff said

(puts tin hat on retreats behind barricade) :bashhead:

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
Cali smoke said:
amazing performance in the 200m freestyle final

1218484002842.gif

Was this the swimming or was this the annual meeting of the Ric Flair appreciation society. Wooooooooo!!!!

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Well i know a thing or two about swimming...i was a competitive swimmer for about 13 years. And let me tell you it is all about how you are built. Phelps is a FRIGGIN MACHINE! That body was built to swim..I wonder what his foot size is..

I wish Ian Thorpe was still swimming..

Last edited:

Collie Man

Posted this in have you been watching the Olympics thread. But Ill post it here again.

Ive been watching Michael Phelps tearing shit up in the pool...Micheal Phelps actually went to my high school and they were so proud of him a few years ago that they named the road in front of our school...Phelps Way...but then got taken down because he got a DUI. HAHA!!!! But anyway Phelps used to live right ACROSS the street from my friends house and his Escalade would always be getting fucked with. People popping his tires and shit like that. There was a couple times where we saw a cop car just chilling outside his house for security I guess. And back back back in the day my friends brother who was in his class said he stole his weed from him at a party...dont know if I believe it..but yeah its still funny as shit!!! Besides that stuff...he is an excellent swimmer and is set for life now!

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
dbuzz said:
that right there, was an epic moment. i felt the same way. phelps is like 6'7, and has a wingspan of 6'11. do all the top swimmers have a freak body? most ppls wingspan are exactly their height i believe.

Yep all the swimmers have a larger than life wingspan (compared to normal)...me included. Most of us started at an early age. I actually can't remember when i first started swimming. My trainer told me she used to help me but my clothes on cause i was so little at the time lol. My arms are so long and stretched out that my armpit hair actually grows way lower on my arm..not in the pit haha :D

Basically the ideal swimmer body..is like the men's room sign...foot size also counts alot..

Last edited:

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
9Lives said:
Yep all the swimmers have a larger than life wingspan (compared to normal)...me included. Most of us started at an early age. I actually can't remember when i first started swimming. My trainer told me she used to help me but my clothes on cause i was so little at the time lol. My arms are so long and stretched out that my armpit hair actually grows way lower on my arm..not in the pit haha :D

Basically the ideal swimmer body..is like the men's room sign...foot size also counts alot..

So what you are saying is that you are basically at the stage three from the left. You have not even discovered how to make spears yet. Obviously for Phelps the ability to swim fast as he does comes from the fact that he still has to swim after his fish if he wants to eat, as opposed to the next step in evolution where we use spears to catch our fish. Unfortunately this means that the none swimmers of us, with regular arm spans, seem to be at the stage on the far right. This, unfortunately probably too true, means that even tho Phelps is a neanderthal the rest of us are slowly turning into whales and will soon return to the water from which we came only to be hunted down by the Phelps' of the planet. Vicious circle if you ask me.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Kids a beast, at his sport for sure. He Even agree to more than normal drug testing. so he can keep the hes on something shit on the back burnner.
i was readin about what he listens to in his ipod.

lil wayne
outkast
jay z
a little bit of techno, but mostly hip-hop.
I root for him cause he seems like a pretty down to earth kid.

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
According to some Russian guy (sports scientist?), Phelp's can also extend his size 14 feet - 15 degrees more (measured from the ankle) than your average person.

Cali smoke

phelps.gif

100m butterfly men
result - final
-----------------------------------
1 USA - michael phelps - 50.58
2 SRB - milorad cavic 50.59
3 AUS - andrew lauterstein - 51.12
-----------------------------------

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Clarence said:

So what you are saying is that you are basically at the stage three from the left. You have not even discovered how to make spears yet. Obviously for Phelps the ability to swim fast as he does comes from the fact that he still has to swim after his fish if he wants to eat, as opposed to the next step in evolution where we use spears to catch our fish. Unfortunately this means that the none swimmers of us, with regular arm spans, seem to be at the stage on the far right. This, unfortunately probably too true, means that even tho Phelps is a neanderthal the rest of us are slowly turning into whales and will soon return to the water from which we came only to be hunted down by the Phelps' of the planet. Vicious circle if you ask me.

You too bad, man.
:muahaha:
Seriously, I think the neanderthal is too hairy to be a good swimmer, plus I think he knew well enough to not go into the water too much, definitely out of his element there...

W

Wunderkind

dbuzz said:
that right there, was an epic moment. i felt the same way. phelps is like 6'7, and has a wingspan of 6'11. do all the top swimmers have a freak body? most ppls wingspan are exactly their height i believe.
all people vary.

Phelps is 6'4", has the torso of a man who's 6'8", the 6'11" wingspan, and legs of a man who's 6' tall. He's swimming perfection. And it does seem the fastest swimmers have huge wingspans, Phelps & Bernard come to mind, obviously.