What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Michael Phelps becomes greatest Olympic athlete ever...

H

Hal

He just won his 10th overall gold medal (3rd for the 2008 games)...more than any other athlete in Olympic history. Pretty frickin awesome.

Last edited:
He rocks!
_42737383_ap416phelps.jpg

Linenoise

I just saw a story about this guy and how much food he has to eat per day to maintain his competitive form. They said he eats between 8000 and 10000 calories each day. They did not bother to mention what, exactly, he eats but I am sure it is a ton of carbs like rice and noodles.

H

Hal

He's got himself a mighty fine buzz, mighty fine....a six or seven bong hit high at least.

BOOSTEDseven

every record in swimming is in jeopardy.

Heck everyone is breaking OR and World records..

Some say that the pool they are using is extra deep, from other venues,
which causes every one to go faster.

and I beg to differ about the best olympic athlete ever.
maybe best olympic SWIMMER ever, but to compare swimming to
other individual sports is kinda laughable.

good day

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
He got the most medals =....... =greatest olympic athlete. If a runner gets more running medals than he got swimmin medals than that runner becomes the greatest olympic athlete. until then hes the greatest. But really... who cares how fast you can swim? a shark will still eat that ass.... Maybe go be a lifeguard and put the talent to use, otherwise its kinda pointless... Just my mofuckin opinion.

BOOSTEDseven

There is a reason why "Good" "Great" swimmers win double digit gold medals from several olympics.. Wonder why...

I presume you would say that TIGER WOODS is "THEEE BEST ATHLETE EVER KNOWN TO MAN KIND" ?? NO??? Use same arguement with PHELPS..

end of discussion.

Cali smoke

BOOSTEDseven said:
There is a reason why "Good" "Great" swimmers win double digit gold medals from several olympics.. Wonder why...

I presume you would say that TIGER WOODS is "THEEE BEST ATHLETE EVER KNOWN TO MAN KIND" ?? NO??? Use same arguement with PHELPS..

end of discussion.

Who else can claim winning 11 gold medals at a single Olympic games?

How many gold medals has tiger woods won?

More importantly, how many have you won?

/end thread

Last edited:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Damn, I think Phelps has a 150 Mercury up his ass. That boy can swim I tell ya!! Just giving the USA a big lead off in the 800m race. They are way ahead of a new world record time.

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Phelps is a great swimmer but, greatest American athlete (Olympics or otherwise) still goes to Jim Thorpe.

tuco

OK. I'm Australian so admitting that Phelps is the greatest swimmer is hard to take...but I will. The guy is a machine.

...but...can Phelps win the 100m freestyle gold???

He'll probably go up against Aussie world record holder Eamon Sullivan. Sullivan actually broke Phelps world record in the first leg of the 4x100 relay.

Anyone care to make wager??? I've got a spare pack of F13xDeep Chunk that says my boy Eamon Sullivan will beat Phelps in a new world record time.
:dueling:

dbuzz

Veteran
that right there, was an epic moment. i felt the same way. phelps is like 6'7, and has a wingspan of 6'11. do all the top swimmers have a freak body? most ppls wingspan are exactly their height i believe.

GET MO said:
who cares how fast you can swim? a shark will still eat that ass.... Maybe go be a lifeguard and put the talent to use, otherwise its kinda pointless... Just my mofuckin opinion.

LOL no a shark will eat whoever is unlucky enough to be in the water with him while he motors it to safety. Swimming fast may not be a huge talent in the real world, but I bet he is in better physical shape, and has better endurance than most out there.

Latest posts

Latest posts