What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mexican Red Hair

gumzgi

@Keif Cake very nice plants and cobs, what is your tehnique in brickin the bud ? after how many days of dry you vaccumseal , do you sweat in high temps after vaccseal?

Keif Cake

Veteran
Mexican Honduras?
Yes!!

@Keif Cake very nice plants and cobs, what is your tehnique in brickin the bud ? after how many days of dry you vaccumseal , do you sweat in high temps after vaccseal?
Thank you! I take some parchment paper, and then fold the paper around it into a rectangle shape to fit in a vacuum seal bag, then vacuum seal it and put it in a yogurt for 24-48 hours to sweat it. As far as high temps, i think the yogurt maker i have gets around 90 to 100F

I'm still figuring it out, but came across using yogurt maker in Malawi Cob thread here in icmag by @Tangwena
I go straight from the dry box to the yogurt maker the same day i jar the rest of the bud up.

It appears to be working fine, haven't sampled any of it

FB_IMG_16944698309879575.jpg

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I've been taking clones and keeping a lovely cut of Cryptic Labs Oaxacan going for most of this year. Just cut another one down and then put another into flower this morning. Best Mexican heirloom that I have found so far with amazing woody and sweet floral aromas, red hair buds, decent yield, reasonable flowering time, easy trimming and fantastic high. I am currently maturing some seeded branches that were dusted with Red Snake which is O'79 x Punto Rojo. ;)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Oh, I didn't get red pistils on mine, I meant buds covered with red hair at harvest. I did get some red pistils on Bodhi's Zipolite Oaxacan which was a well behaved and tidy plant that looked like it might have been hybridized.

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Anyone know what I'm talking about? I remember back in the brick days, "it's some red hair" was a solid selling point and i cant ever remember getting some boof red hair.

I wonder what the genetics to it were, and is the red hair just a product of the sun like Panama showing pink.

I haven't seen anything in forums, seed form, or anything referring to it, and have been thinking about it more and more lately as I've gotten better at the pure sativas.
I do recall in the mid-80's there was these bright green buds coming in one summer. They had these crazy long red hairs. Sweet taste, a happy smiling buzz, $25 1/4.

Then one day it was gone never to be seen again... just like Monkey Paw.

nick11

Veteran
I remember that red hair brick. It was very rare and would come around every so often. I clearly remember it giving us giggle fits, crying laughing, and red eyes. This was in the early 90s, never seen anything like it since. Buds were higher quality too, damn I wish i had some of those seeds today. Mexican stuff always gave me blood shot eyes everytime. We used to keep visine drops on us at all times for our parents hahaha. Thanks for the memory lane.

HarleyJammer

Veteran
I remember that red hair brick. It was very rare and would come around every so often. I clearly remember it giving us giggle fits, crying laughing, and red eyes. This was in the early 90s, never seen anything like it since. Buds were higher quality too, damn I wish i had some of those seeds today. Mexican stuff always gave me blood shot eyes everytime. We used to keep visine drops on us at all times for our parents hahaha. Thanks for the memory lane.
The red hair bud we were getting back in that summer didn't have any seeds. We called it "Red Haired Sensie".

**addendum** Also, it didn't have the classic "Brick" appearance. It was loose buds and looked well cared for .

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I remember Mexican Red Hair from the 70s. It didn't look great. Little fluffy, airy, buds with the long red hairs. I don't think it was bricked because of how fluffy it was. Non bricked was rare. I remember Jamaican Ganja, and this Mexican Red Hair being really light and unseeded. Pounds would be in a 30 gallon garbage bag instead of ziplock bags. It had that typical Mexican weedy funky aroma that so many had, but this was really high octane stuff. Much more trippy than happy blissfulness. Scary strong! Only remember getting it once.