What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mexican Brick Weed

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Those are all from imported bud. Not sure what location but it was definitely some trip weed and had the incensey hazey smell. Smells ranged from that to sweet super pungent skunk, to pepper spice and floral. Wish I knew where they come from. That was part of my experimental bag seed patch from 2015's guerilla grow.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
It come from that super pressed stuff like a lb of it could fit in a spam can lol. I don't think it was mexican, but it could be. I remember finding pieces of bamboo and gravel or small shiney looking rocks in it as well. I have thousands of seeds of the same stuff left, mixed phenotypes, all killer smoke.

Longcock

I'm glad to see people getting nice plants out of old brick weed. I honestly believe if you can spend some time in a hobbyist mind set instead of a commercial production mindset, growing out brick weed seeds is more enjoyable then buying seeds and the reward of what I call "The Hunt" is priceless especially when you find true gems.

Longcock

Back on subject. Lets see some fresh bricks. I cant believe No ones posted any brick pics. Its like Mexican brick is going extinct all over the USA.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
brick......yeehaw....next round should be interesting..these plants were started by a friend and abused..when I took over they had mites and were a bit neglected...so I spread some pollen on em all...sour bubble ,my cross and some Mexican males....I have quite a selection of mexi seeds from way back till recent...theres a lot of hybridization going on down there...my friend knows a few farmers down there ////..my biggest plant ever was a mexi male atleast 14 ft tall on a fertigation setup while I was away..returned and was shocked..removing the male left my back yard yellow with all the pollen ...I grow a few mexi plants now and then as some of my older friends cant handle the new strong stuff....

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Back on subject. Lets see some fresh bricks. I cant believe No ones posted any brick pics. Its like Mexican brick is going extinct all over the USA.

It's just that, who takes pictures of their shitty weed? :biggrin:

got 1 sour smelling satty going right now from f2's of late 90's brick I grabbed while on a trip.
Still got tons of the seed n was just checking its viability with a few tossed in for variety.
Will come back n post results if I can remember in a few once I've flipped it in a few weeks.
Remember the parents being more traditional hazey type scents peppery spicey incense gear so kinda surprised how it's just a pure sour acidic scent to this girl but should be interesting what she does with what I'm planning to hit her with.

cheers,...............................................gps

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
The close up I couldnt post earlier. This is the pure sativa

see how long the bracts are

And some mexi hash and good quality brick weed.

MgoKush

Dried and cured

Dried and cured

attachment.php

The finished Blueberry. Dried and cured rock solid nugs. A month of jar curring brought out tremendous blueberry smell, and it taste of blueberry vanilla. It is a lights out Indica! Very satisfied and it will remain in my gardens for a very long time.

OOPS WRONG TREAD.LOL

Attachments

• IMG_20160323_221119.jpg
    IMG_20160323_221119.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20160323_223234.jpg
    IMG_20160323_223234.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20160323_220559.jpg
    IMG_20160323_220559.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20160323_222706.jpg
    IMG_20160323_222706.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20160323_222033.jpg
    IMG_20160323_222033.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

rolandomota

Veteran
Well getting this thread back on track I just got a pound for 200. Normaly they are 300 but I got it strait from the source no middleman. I'm so happy I got it cheap I hadn't seen anyone sell it for 200 in 10 years! The Last one I got was back in 06 so yea 10 years. I knew someone somewhere was still selling it cheap. Its good not great like I see in those previous pics that stuff looks really good this is a regular looking brick where you have to smoke it to know how good it is. I would say it's average good. Its not a chore to smoke I hate when I get that stuff. I feel exited to smoke instead of feeling let down like I do with some of the lower quality stuff. The price I got it for is part of the excitement but it smokes good too.

I saw a news story about a campaign slogan on a billboard for legalizing recreational in Arizona. It said "Buy American and not cartel weed" but fuck that I got a Pound of mota for 200 How much "American" can that buy me? In Texas like a half ounce at most maybe 20 grams or a kiefed ounce of shake. I also get to add a few seeds to my Mexican seed collection which is my third collection Now my other two that were huge got thrown out by mom Manny years ago I know some of you have suffered the same thing at one time. I still have half of it in brick and the other half broken down let me post a pic of the brick half in the sun to show it's color........next post

Last edited:

rolandomota

Veteran
20160705_094940.jpg

20160705_094948.jpg it has a fermented mango herbal smell that I run into often the last qp for 100 I got had a similar smell its good not great but an average good. Not bad at all for 200 that's like 12.50 an oz it's what you normally find in color and texture but a ill bit better in potency just not great potency like I find on rare occasions.

Last edited:
View attachment 370289

View attachment 370290 it has a fermented mango herbal smell that I run into often the last qp for 100 I got had a similar smell its good not great but an average good. Not bad at all for 200 that's like 12.50 an oz it's what you normally find in color and texture but a ill bit better in potency just not great potency like I find on rare occasions.

i give my left nut for brick weed for that price and that quality! I remember my friend from el paso getting similar brick weed and sending it my way but he ended up moving and I miss him and the bags!

rolandomota

Veteran
Yup its 300 most of the time i havent found any 200 ones anymore i havent uploaded most of what i get its usually a half pound every two weeks 20170302_160500.jpg i got this half two weeks ago i end up smoking half and selling half to buy another half lol im out right now but soon i will have another half probably this weekend or maybe today

D

daddylonglegs

A year later .....

Cool stuff , brings back some memories long forgot since indoor breeder surge...

I looked to see if this thread existed for some possible advice and opinions on a situation ...

Older Fella on me bowling league found a few bricks of some Mexican he stashed away in the nineties ... he remembered it perfectly , when he stashed it etc ... so so so many seeds , obviously it was old had old smells no sweetness but only saw a small piece . He was gonna toss them but he's gonna give em to me once I asked for a jar full of seeds.

Any ideas on how to sort these seeds and best chance of germination ... and what to look for in Mexican landrace lines as opposed to the adapted modernized hybrids ... although it being from the nineties I hoping it's a bit before the genetic bottlenecking

Latest posts

Latest posts