What's new

mexican brick weed???

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

did these seeds come from Toms House of White labels, or is it kryptoconochronolite?

the gnome

Veteran
some of the best to this day Ive ever sampled has been mixi
i don't know what kinda seeds are running these days but back in the 70s i started growing oaxcan and michoacan from stemmy seedy lime limegreen bricks.

the plants were incredible
by the 80s the pure mexican strains were being diluted from columbia and haphazard breeding was taking place...
I've thought of taking a trip to some tiny isolated little town and finding that little old farmer that still
grows pure mexican strains..... sigh :blowbubbles:

and then get kidnapped by the cartels and gets me head
chopped off... :yoinks::faint:

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
some of the best to this day Ive ever sampled has been mixi
i don't know what kinda seeds are running these days but back in the 70s i started growing oaxcan and michoacan from stemmy seedy lime limegreen bricks.

the plants were incredible
by the 80s the pure mexican strains were being diluted from columbia and haphazard breeding was taking place...
I've thought of taking a trip to some tiny isolated little town and finding that little old farmer that still
grows pure mexican strains..... sigh :blowbubbles:

and then get kidnapped by the cartels and gets me head
chopped off... :yoinks::faint:

As an alternative you could go to some resort town in the region you are interested in, spend about a week or so, and tell the Taxi drivers what you are looking for. You may score if you tip well.

the gnome

Veteran
As long as you have a plan. :D

haha!
I love this place... so much love and support :smoke:

that weed i was growing was about as close to cubes as it gets.
had i known better and stockpiled seeds they would be priceless today and I'd be known as

gringo gnome
breeder and purveyor of rare
mexican,
columbian
and jamaican sativa's..

little did i know by the 80s the majority of individualized mexican state strains we received on the US 98 corridor heading east would disappear with the influx of the hi quality columbian red and gold.

columbia became the worlds largest suppier of seeds and the mexicans scrambling to regain their quickly receding share of the weed trade in the states started using columbian seed.
nearly all was *hapharzardly* bred with their local strains
and within a relaltivley short amount of time actually weakened the quality of their weed.
had they just concentrated on more quality vs quantity the mexican weed scene today would probably look much differently
on a positive note.

but i know somewheres up in some small mexican villages there are still mota farmers that have carried on with pure undiluted
mexican pot!
talking to a buddy of mine i recently saw again from the mid 70s that is now a loyal cutomer I started talking about this very subject as he was one of the peeps that smoke my special seedless mexican mota, he happened to mention from that time frame he had a vial full of the best weed he ran across...
probably 50+ seeds.

I will be trying to reanimate them soon

:smoke:

John Deere

Veteran
Looking forward to the grow log, gnomer. I've been itching to start a few from my stash as well.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
This thread has inspired me to pop 5 jamican choclate brick seed :) ...jamicans call it "yardis" (yar-daz) Americans chocolate ..it's dark brown almost black looking really compressed ..most of the seeds are crushed or cracked but u can find some ok ones ..it doesn't have that green smell it's more if a dark choclate smell + a lil skunk ..taste is sweet + hashy+ skunky ..the best part is the length of the high ..its the weed that gives u that red eye blasted mellow for 2hrs easy ..mix it with kush ..3hrs easy ..

I'll take pics of the next batch that comes tru and update later