What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Metal Halides in flowering... a better high?

G

Heya Dan...

Its those same genetics that respond to UVB with a protective action of upping the production of shiny happy glands of yummy resin. Consider it a non-contact LST.

kush07

I'm of the idea that using both is the best option. When we are trying to grow cannabis indoors we are attempting to replicate the outdoor enviroment as best we can. We provide air circulation, soil, light, etc. Well, the sun sends out all spectrums of light without any prejudice and seeing as how that is the light source we are trying to replicate I see no reason why we shouldn't try and get as close to it's light as possible. Tossing in a UV-B light is like trying to replicate mountain grow conditions IMO. When cannabis is grown in mountains the UV light has less time to disperse and be absorbed by the atmosphere which creates a higher amount of UV rays in the light. This stresses the plant, a stress that I view as a form of eustress, and causes it to produce more trichomes in an attempt to keep itself alive. More trichome production means more cannabiniods produced. Because of this I am all for the idea of throwing in more UV light to your mix. Just be careful cause prolonged exposure to that light does have some ill effects.

Happy Toking :bandit:

Latest posts

Latest posts