What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Met 52- Is this the final product???!!!

Granger2

Veteran
Sammy,
The OGBioWar Foliar pack has the 2 fungi that are needed for attacking soil pests like RA's. These are the fungi in Met 52 and Botanigard. I'm not sure why they are not in the Root pack, but you should use the 2 packs together, and at FULL strength. Don't dilute the tea.

You can filter with this 100 micron
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=24071&catid=685

or you can use a colander lined with multiple layers of cheese cloth. Let the tea settle and scoop off the tea except for the last of it to avoid the talc carrier, then filter.

I would first hit the plants, and all around them with go Gnats. Be sure to spray the entire containers incl bottoms. Do this weekly. Soak the root ball and container in go Gnats solution for 30 minutes with pot below water line. This is to get the area just below plant/stem that is hard to moisten and is RA Central. This will give you a massive kill. Then do the same with OGBioWar. After that water with the full strength OGBW weekly [no soak]. Once they're under control and plants have recovered, you can probably go every 2 weeks. I really think you'll get it under control, and without chemicals. Good luck. -granger
NOTE: I now [4-10-14] use 2-3 tsp/gal of Cedarcide PCO Choice. Higher concentrations cause root damage. Best to try on expendable plants, flush, wait 7-10 days to see if they pass. Very effective repellant too. Now using OGBioWar foliar and root @4 tsp/gal, every other week. Still with 2 apps of Heterorhabditus and S. carpocapsae mixed during bloom. -granger

Thanks for the input guys. I ordered the 100 micron bags in hopes that this will not clog my roots mass as I apply the neem cake tea. I know it doesn't kill these guys right away but it DOES F them up over time.
The day I did a top dressing of neem cake, months ago, It did almost completely eliminate them, but not knowing about the clog factor hurt me. Plus I fell into the same category of all others her in believing that I had in fact eradicated them. NOPE!!!

With that said, since the Met 52 isn't working, I knew that the neem tea had to be the answer.
Just wondering if there are others out there with more knowledge on this tea and any tricks to avoid more issues. Like how long it lasts in a bubbling bucket. It seems like after a few days it breaks up more and more but then gets almost too dissolved and funky

Even though it seems like the EWC tea, Botaniguard and OG Biowar root pack are not really helping, I will continue using them along with area sprays of PCO Choice cedar oil.

BOTTOM LINE- MIGHT BE BEST TO START OVER

sahdgrower

Hey sammyz, did you read my post on RA? I killed them very effectively with warm water dunks (2 minutes @ 120F). Unfortunately it was more efficient for me to rip and replace than it was to battle it out, but my preliminary testing with warm water was very effective.

Ill take a peek sahd but, with all due respect, hot water seems potentially very damaging to a root system to me. I am very leery of this idea. Interesting to hear that you had good results with that however.

sahdgrower

My plants were not in good enough condition to really tell how it affected them, but they did continue to grow quite vigorously after I dunked them. If you have an ongoing problem, just try the hot dunk on one plant and see if it works for you. It is very important that the water not exceed 120F. This will kill most RA in 30 seconds or less. If you check out my thread you will see I just didn't have enough invested to try to battle it out, otherwise I felt quite good about water to kill and then some additional measures to prevent reinfestation.

Latest posts

Latest posts