What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mendocino Purple S1

Midbio

Hi all, first post here so please excuse if this is not the right section to post this.

Just wanted to share a little bit of my grow/smoke report on the Mendo Purps S1 from CSI Humboldt. Let me just say im really impressed with how this came out. The specific plant that I have pictured was my lowest yielder but the most aromatic.

During flower it had an intense musky, powdery, blueberry smell and then once dried the smell became a nag champa/fizzy blueberry smell. Taste is the same which I really like. while it lacks in sheer potency it makes up for it in quality in effect, which I believe to be much more important. Very immediate calming clear headed "indica" effect but with no couch lock.https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?
albumid=84918&pictureid=2097032&thumb=1

Midbio

ever had purple urkle or grape ape? similar stone? i really like those ones

Grape ape would be a fair comparison as far as the stone which makes sense as I think the purps is in grape ape. I would say the Mendocino purps has a little bit more character to the effects though

lLucky

I've actually wondered about this one, it looks very nice and very purple! Might have to look into getting a pack of these eventually...

Midbio

A couple things about their growth. Super tight internodal spacing in veg. Started off kind of slow but then shot out like a rocket once repotted. all I used was fish fertilizer and banana peel tea for nutes. One thing I noticed is that these girl do not like to be overwatered. My next round I will let her get completely bone dry for a couple days before watering because the water toxicity signs pop up really easily with this one for some reason.

Tony Tokes

Hi all, first post here so please excuse if this is not the right section to post this.

Just wanted to share a little bit of my grow/smoke report on the Mendo Purps S1 from CSI Humboldt. Let me just say im really impressed with how this came out. The specific plant that I have pictured was my lowest yielder but the most aromatic.

During flower it had an intense musky, powdery, blueberry smell and then once dried the smell became a nag champa/fizzy blueberry smell. Taste is the same which I really like. while it lacks in sheer potency it makes up for it in quality in effect, which I believe to be much more important. Very immediate calming clear headed "indica" effect but with no couch lock.https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?
albumid=84918&pictureid=2097032&thumb=1
Astounding. How were the other phenos? I’m awaiting the mother cut but I have heard tremendous things about the S1’s. CSI keeps an S1, #54 I believe.. speaks volumes

Midbio

Astounding. How were the other phenos? I’m awaiting the mother cut but I have heard tremendous things about the S1’s. CSI keeps an S1, #54 I believe.. speaks volumes
Yeah man I've heard him describe the #54 S1 as being double the potency of the mother cut. The other phenos were all really good, a bit better yielding than the one I have pictured. They all have that really distinct smell to them. As far as aroma, the Mendo purps S1's are about as good as it gets imho, and it transfers to the taste too. Last summer I actually ran another pack of them outdoors and one of the phenos had this crazy trippy type of effect, really potent compared to the others. There's some really good stuff to be found in the Mendo Purps for sure

Tony Tokes

Yeah man I've heard him describe the #54 S1 as being double the potency of the mother cut. The other phenos were all really good, a bit better yielding than the one I have pictured. They all have that really distinct smell to them. As far as aroma, the Mendo purps S1's are about as good as it gets imho, and it transfers to the taste too. Last summer I actually ran another pack of them outdoors and one of the phenos had this crazy trippy type of effect, really potent compared to the others. There's some really good stuff to be found in the Mendo Purps for sure
I’m getting the mother cut next week I just made the purchase yesterday 👍🏼

Latest posts

Latest posts