What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mendo purps..............

D

dankbudz

cant really find much on this strain. if anyone has grown it and can tell me a little bout it..........it would be much appreciated. im getting these in clone. i live in norcal....so this is the clone mendo purps....if that makes a difference.

D

dankbudz

thanks!!

any info...hows the smoke/taste/high/flowering time etc etc

20kw dreams

I have some buddy's up north growing mendo purps. I haven't grown it out myself, but have seen it and been around people smoking it. Some of the nicest shit I've seen in a while. Super frosty and potent, bright purples highlighted by lime green. yields are good, not excellent, but above average, which seperates it from alot of other purple strains, especially the Urkle/GDP/Grape Ape family. Flowering time 8 weeks or so. Not sure about the taste, cause I wasn't smokin at the time, and I forget that part of the discussion.

Nspecta

Veteran
10092P1090794_copy.JPG

20Kw's got tha Mendo Purp description pegged fairly accurately...'cept tha potency is debateable...some folks say strong...some say weak...it varies sample ta sample...same with tha taste, which is highly variable as well.

IGT

G

Mendo Purps ( from clone ) is making her first run thru my garden. She doubles in stretch and gets bushy as hell. So far she's not showing the most frost I've ever seen, but the yield will be killer I think. Pretty much a nute hound, she takes it full strength every feeding which is everyday in coco. Think I'm about 30 days in with her at the moment. I can definitely recommend her for scrog, she just explodes when you flip her to 12/12.

1846mendo1.JPG

1846mendo_bud.JPG

nandro

A bit leafy, really badass outdoors, pleasant daytime sativa-dom high with grapey nag champa aromas when put in tha air...tastes like HEAVEN. PLEASANT, not devestating high, better yield than some would think...exceptionally better compared to most purp indicas in tha yield/veg time department. a bit more sativa-dom than most would think. purps indoors and outside. does amazing, once again, outdoors where I, personally, thinks she flourishes better.

Hey, those cuts look familiar, Nspecta & OP. :wave:

Props to my soul brutha for leakin' that puppy out,
Nandro :sasmokin:

14495mendo11.JPG

14495mendo41.JPG

Last edited:

nandro

9, for sure. But 8 if you can't wait, I guess.

We all have different tastes, bro. Take 'er when you think she's best ready for ya's...

Peace,
Nandro :sasmokin:

D

dankbudz

cool cool. didnt know anything bout this strain. just needed some info. dome more pics would be sweet

aeric

Veteran
What do you guys think about the JK claim that there are different phenos from clone? Always thought that was odd...

Nspecta

Veteran
aeric said:
What do you guys think about the JK claim that there are different phenos from clone? Always thought that was odd...

It's True...MP is just really sensitive to tha microclimates...whether it's tha root zone microclimate or tha ambient microclimate.

Granted, if ya have multiple MP's in tha same system (bed o' dirt, ebb & flow hydro, etc...) and thar all getting tha same exact treatment...then they'll all look tha same. In tha past I've had multiple beds of MP...with variations in phenotype bed ta bed...sumthin' akin ta what ya'd see in pot ta pot variations, which is kinda what JK was talkin' about in tha CB2.

Here's anutha example o' MP phenotypic variation...lookin' like a completely different plant vs. tha first pic I posted.

10092P1030446_copy.JPG

IGT

nandro

She LOOKS especially different veg'd under T5s, then flowered outside. Very funky when she starts gettin' singles in tha photoperiod change outside..

Indoors she's very smelly and tasty, too. MP's greatest attributes. Those reasons, alone, are why she has a place next to my other gals. Tasty, Euforic type smoke [I dont have many of these] with plenty of body to keep ya' nicely buzzed. Not a devestating, day-killing smoke by ANY stretch but still very very dank in its own regard.

Peace,
Nandro :)

aeric

Veteran
Wow almost expected you guys to say jk was full of it lol. It makes more sense the way you explain it though, phenotypic variation due to sensitivity. I have some THS purps vegging and so far seems like it is dominant on the clone's side of things....freaky though and fairly Sat, maybe it's more of that environmental sensitivity.

Tasty, euphoric daytime smoke is right up my ally, usually what disappears from the jar the quickest, even more excited now that this THS might come close to the original.

Last edited: