What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mendo County Discussing Pot Tourism!

S

SicKSKills

while everyone else waits for "someday it will happen" im gettin while the gettin is good now.

S

swicker

I love hearing this, i just graduated with a major in this field and am just itching to come out there.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Not gonna happen in this incarnation... Too many Oldsters still... Work on legalization in your own states - before you sell everything to pursue an imagined dream in Cali. The Pot market is in complete disarray for the moment. Everybody and their Dog Growing 'Mendiocre' buds.

The only Winners of late are the Hydro Shops and the Pot Doctors.

I stand corrected. That is what a lawyer told me, I just read it, I think what she really meant was that it doesn't change federal law. I love how the narrow minded people phrase things. Thanks for correcting me.

I remember reading a line like that in Ammiano's AB390 but I never saw anything like that in the initiative that will most likely pass by voter referendum in November. Just what "legalization bill" are you talking about??

I love the numbers games these people run. At the "conservative estimate" North Coast NORML places the value of the crop at $4.4 bbl and that's guessing that each plant will produce a pound valued at $1000 (what are they growing, beasters??)... and then literally in the next sentence MPP is stating that it's between $150-$400 an oz... which comes out to between $2400 and $6400 a pound.. so are we talking retail value or wholesale value? Just pointing that out because it'd be nice to see some consistency in the numbers if we're to be taken seriously. BTW, at what point in the distribution line are those ounces gonna get that $50 per oz tax? Like say I'm a wholesaler, and I wanna sell my 150lb harvest to the distributor or a middleman.. are we really gonna have to add $50 on top of each oz each time the buds change hands and money is exchanged? Can't wait to see the regulations they come up with for the herb.. we better make sure we have some good people on the scene when the time finally comes (paging Jack Herer and Dennis Peron)