What's new

MEN are just DESSERT!!!!!

madrecinco

Veteran
And not the maincourse in womens life.

I was talking to Lola la la la laLola about this subject in the ET thread and while I was mopping my kitchen I thought what a great subject to open in the Womens Forum so we can share our personal philosophies and successes and failures with men of other ladies even with other ladies who might come through here.

And MEN WE CERTAINLY WANT YOUR OPINIONS if you float through here also as you know you guys always go where the women go anyhooo.:noway:

FEYED we MUST HAVE your opinions also naturally as he is one of us now INDEED!

But I was raised in the old MORAL MAJORITY south a traditional protestant rural Texas ideology narrow minded sexist environment. That your husband was supposed to be the center of your life and for many years I lived that life but always questioned the values I was taught in the south about

"A womans place"

and I was an early feminist and questioned my upbringing and Christian education which teaches women to OBEY man!
But in the mid 80's after an accident that left me homebound I read a book that changed my life forever.

"Men are just Desserts"
How learning to be a woman with a life of your own can enrich the life you share with a man. by Dr. Sonya Friedman Ph.d.

It is still sold on Amazon and I gave a copy to all the women I love. My personal bible.....te he

But a woman cannot be COMPLETE and just live for her husband and children to be WHOLE and must have her own life and it enhances the life you have with your partner and family.....IMHO and Dr Friedman.

So I recommended that book to Buddles when she got married recently as IT WORKS FOR ME AND MY GIRLS!

Anybody wanna do some input on it?:dueling:.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i brought my dessert to the table
just_banana_it-709285.jpg

madrecinco

Veteran
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! cocktailfrank that was fabulously funny and yes THAT IS important also darlin'

thanks for responding as this is a good subject and I do love the mens input also.

Gotta go and will check back later tonight for responses.....but thanks for the laugh!

S

Sir_Nugget

Most old fashioned girls thought they would be housewives when they grew up.. my grama who raised me had her first kid at 14... making her very dependant. Now she is totally independent.

I think you need to be able to believe that if ur supporting ur man, then u should think that what ur man is doing, is right.. if u support ur man, and he is a shmuck, then what r u? a lady who blows a shmuck?

men should be the main course.. but if u lived a life with bad men, then it would be wise for u to make them the dessert in ur life

If you've ever seen the movie legend, then you've seen a woman seduced by evil... the men in the south r mostly evil, fat, white republicans anyway right? You need to come to cali, were the cool dudes r

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
around my house i am the house husband and the wife is the moneymaker..so does that mean she's the dessert!!!! every morning i give her slap on da ass and kiss goodbye and fridays collect the paycheck!! woo hoo..

Hmmm . . . I'll have to check that book out madre = )

As for dessert, he's like strawberry shortcake. And I could totally have that every day hehe

madrecinco

Veteran
Yes I am quite fond of DESSERT myself and that is the point sort of. ....LOL

Men will get more out of their women if they treat them as an equal...FACT!!!!!
===========================================================
Sir Nugget.....at least YOU GET IT! MY GOOD MAN!

I myself like your granny was RAISED TO BE A HOUSEWIFE but ended up a enlightened feminist career woman as well as a wife and mother. A hard job to do INDEED! But builds self respect.
I learned to love myself so I could love others properly.
Glad your granny went from a dependant woman to an INDEPENDANT WOMAN as many in my generation did also. Some are still stuck in DEPENDANCE though. Sadly.

I agree if a lady supports a schmuck then she is "a lady who blows a schmuck.....te he

KICK HIS ASS TO THE CURB!
=========================================================
AND these 2 other ladies on this thread AND I also..........
don't blow any shmucks as we have LEARNED BETTER.....te he

We are enlightened females and our men are VERY LUCKY.....

Love the way you put it Sir Nugget ....
===================================

Groady-HO I love your nic....

If the wife is the bread winner and you are the Mr MOM ....OF COURSE SHE IS THE DESSERT in your life also and enjoy her and be good to her and the kids.

It is good that one parent can stay home with the kids even if it is DAD...Role switching is OK if you both agree and are happy. EQUAL RIGHTS is what I espouse &....not just for women either. But if you slap her on the ass and kiss her goodby when she heads out to work you are prolly doing a good job with your lady....
And you DO KNOW SHE IS THE DESSERT IN YOUR LIFE! Admit it!
=====================================================

midwest ganja ......You can be a gentleman as well as some womans DESSERT!

DONCHA know that dessert IS A GOOD THING???? And gentleman is good also.
=============================================================

My fellow "Tropical Nurse" how the heck are you doing over there in Hawaii lately???. Some volcanos are erupting on the Pacific Rim and I was worried a tsunami might head your way.

We need nurses here in Florida badly...but so does every state. I still wanna hook you up to meet Ed as he still ain't married and I am pissed....te he

So stay in touch as I am working on him and you know how boys hate moms to interfere....BUT I WILL WIN in the end ...LOL

Ed has the money to travel anywhere he decides he wants to go to meet a lady and MOST nurses are good ppl and I love your attitude and liberal outlook as NOBODY CAN COME IN MY FAMILY that is unenlightened and small minded SO you do qualify as a candidate with Madre SEAL of APPROVAL so far......

Wonder Woman do check out that book and I recommended for any woman living with a man or will live with a man someday as they are complicated creatures.....LOL

It changed my life and attitude FO SHO! And I like to share good things I come across them with others. Strawberry Shortcake is good but my man is a Chocolate Eclair and you know you I can't get ENOUGH of those. SEX is not fattening fortunately so enjoy your dessert ladies and we three are sisters for the cause......GROUP HUG!!!!

Thank you guys for your responses genuinley and all of you made this a good thread for discussing new attitudes of women ....and those offended.....te he

OOOOHHHH WELL!!!!!

lordbudly

Veteran
Hmmm . . . I'll have to check that book out madre = )

As for dessert, he's like strawberry shortcake. And I could totally have that every day hehe

isnt a strawberry shortcake where ya punch em in the nose to make em bleed then you manjuice em in the face? :nanana:

U

ureapwhatusow

i brought my dessert to the table
just_banana_it-709285.jpg

funny

thta brought me back to a 80s viewing of candy stipe nurses that had a bananas > men segway

the minute i saw the .jpg the immortal lines "but can man do this?" came to my head

my wife is going to nursing school to become a nurse so she can support me

cause im sPeCiAl

madrecinco

Veteran
Lordbudly I am not sure what you are talking about....it must be something I am not into.....but sounds interesting and we will let Wonder Woman share with that one and what she means...
=============================

polsybogn......I also laughed at cocktailfrank so hard I almost peed my pants!!!!

==================

BENJI......it was pretty funny and God knows we all need more humor these days and cocktailfrank provided us with some laughs...

BTW BENJI I am waiting for the book to come out on the Craigs List Serial Killer.....pathologically intriguing I think for us intrigued by the sociopathic mind and how it operates.

Unfortunatly those dead girls did not read this book and were victimized. SAD!

=======================================================

ureapwhatusow.....I am sure you are special and your wife is going to be making BIG BUCKS soon as a nurse and head hunters will be calling her daily when she is licenced by BPR and gets on their mailing list. They still call me almost daily offering $10,000 sign on bonus for a year contract with a hospital. We need nurses badly and a severe shortage in America. My son makes $43 an hour now and money out the kazoo with overtime and bonus that he is getting. A recession proof jog and career FO SHO.......Wish I could still work and ride that money train.....SO you be good to her as she is gonna be working hard and making lots of money. So have her dinner ready when she gets home if you are going to be a house husband CAUSE' EVERY GOOD WOMAN needs a good "wife" waiting at the end of her hard work day.

==================================

qdavid......you are just plain naughty.....te he

=======================================

It was fun ladies and gentleman and thanks for the replies as it was a HOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=================================================

madrecinco

Veteran
Nice banana, Cocktail Frank. :yummy:

LMAO!!!!! Suddenly I have the urge for Bananas Foster......I think I will whip some up.....Brennan's in New Orleons makes the VERY BEST Bananas Foster....but mine is a close second AND I JUST LOVE DESSERT anyhoo!

Have a good day stoners of the world.....I am getting out of the house today and enjoying this beautiful Florida weather and have a Mojo on the BEACH!!!!
LIFE IS GOOD INDEED! :woohoo:

U

ureapwhatusow

ureapwhatusow.....I am sure you are special and your wife is going to be making BIG BUCKS soon as a nurse and head hunters will be calling her daily when she is licenced by BPR and gets on their mailing list. They still call me almost daily offering $10,000 sign on bonus for a year contract with a hospital. We need nurses badly and a severe shortage in America. My son makes $43 an hour now and money out the kazoo with overtime and bonus that he is getting. A recession proof jog and career FO SHO.......Wish I could still work and ride that money train.....SO you be good to her as she is gonna be working hard and making lots of money. So have her dinner ready when she gets home if you are going to be a house husband CAUSE' EVERY GOOD WOMAN needs a good "wife" waiting at the end of her hard work day.

QUOTE]

:) thanks for the encouragement shes a gerat student and has a 3.9, enjoys whats shes doing, and its good for her well being

ill dropa lil feel good story here for the ladies, a lil expalination for the paradigm shift withte family unit

she was a stay at home mom, it was too much for her, add bad postpardom, she went down hill and the inevitable happend, she left we divorced

she was not right, and subsequently i got custody of the kids.

i couldnt do that and let someoen else raise the kids, seemed cheap out for ht kids

and she did some insane shit so i wasnt feel a wealth of charity

bottom line, i left my career to raise the kids and learned alot

i tried to replace her saw ti was impossible, invited her to share the part of relationship were we can still celbrate the lives of 2 special kids and the paretns who lvoe them

needless to say after 5 years of being a single dad we reconsiled

kids are great, we are great (no less problems jstu more understanding)

I am having reservations about going back to a full bown career. At the height of my career, i never held my son, i never got that close, there were alot of things i didnt do caues i was busy being teh man of hte house

so after trading places a bit we learned alot about ourselves an others

maybe we aint the same but there is no doubting that in the union between man and woman the sum is greater than the whole of the parts

and while perhaps the union between fruit and woman has greater tenants, i have two legs and can take out the garbage. and while they migh thave more staying power they aint nearly as handy

:)

While I can't compete with cocktail frank's banana, I've never been considered dessert. Nope. My wife says I'm more like Vienna Sausages. Too small to be filling and covered in some sort of geletin mess. But I guess she likes appetizers. We've been married 33 years now. She become accustomed to finger foods.

madrecinco

Veteran
WOW A 3.9 is great in nursing school.....I was 3.9 when I started the nursing program....but pediactric math kicked my ass but I PASSED and never failed a unit of nursing curriculum.

But buy your wife that book as it will improve your relationship....and the money she is gonna make you can choose to maybe start your own businees....go back to school.....we need more male nurses.....or be a GOOD stay at home dad and switch roles in the home. Good that you are working at the relationship and keeping it good for the children.....I know that is what kept me and my late husband going once was our mutual love and concern for our children.

So I hope you guys work it out. FORGIVING IS HEALING for both.....

Nursing is a very stressful important job and having a GOOD MAN at home can help and give her a lot of support on her first year of actual on the job.....because you don't learn everything in nursing school and a lot of on the job training to get her clinician status....and specialty certs....tell her I was once OCN but I don't keep up on my cert lately.......

tell her to go on for her masters as an ARNP=nurse practitioner functions like a physician now and are even better IMHO than Docs.

Tell your wife GOOD LUCK in nursing school and don't get frustrated with those stupid CARE PLANS!!!!!

and you are so cool for being forgiving and loving to her as she is the mother of your children and special indeed!

But buy her that book if you love her and it will enrich both of your lives. I think we have more male feminist here than female feminist.

or I have pissed the girls off AGAIN.....te he

Latest posts

Latest posts