What's new

"Members only" law for Limburg Coffeeshops confirmed?

93|93

goede dag!

I've found this article via google. as I will move back to my home-area (near aken) in fall, I used google to find out if my favorite coffeeshops are still in business. (I haven't been there for 6 years now)
then I found this article, which is from april this year.

as they are just talking about "plans" and "planning" - I want to know if that law is confirmed already, or if there is still hope that they won't create this membership+electronic-cash bullshit.
I tried to find out more via google, but could find nothing special. although I understand dutch , I am unable to write, which makes it difficult to type the correct things into google.
so I thought that I'd ask some fellow growers here.

Coffee shops in Limburg turn members only

Starting next year, all coffee shops in the Dutch province of Limburg will become private clubs; only registered members will be able to buy soft drugs.

The new rule is an attempt to curb nuisance from the sale of cannabis and the drugs tourism from neighbouring countries. The private club idea originated with Maastricht mayor Gerd Leers.

Leers had previously suggested concentrating all the coffee shops in the town on three "weed boulevards" close to the borders with Belgium and Germany. But the idea met with so much resistance that he was forced to look for an alternative.

The mayor would have liked to make the membership cards available to Dutch residents only, but European regulations forbid excluding foreign customers. Still, the membership system is expected to discourage drug tourists as it will take several days to process. That might prove unpopular with customers coming from Belgium, France and Germany.

According to Leers' plans customers should apply for membership with the coffee shop owners, who will also process the applications. The local authorities will not be involved. Sales are limited to three grammes per customer per day. Payments have to be made electronically, making anonymous purchases impossible. Once the three-grammes limit is reached, the same customer will not be allowed to buy from another coffee shop anywhere in Limburg within the same 24-hour period.

Mayor Leers says justice minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin and home affairs minister Guusje ter Horst are enthusiastic about the Limburg approach. But another idea from Limburg to allow coffee shops to grow their own weed, is meeting with resistance from The Hague. There is also some doubt as to whether Limburg has enough police to prevent the soft drugs trade from going underground.

The Limburg municipalities plan to publicise the new policy with a marketing campaign directed at drug users in France and elsewhere.
http://www.nrc.nl/international/article2223333.ece/Coffee_shops_in_Limburg_turn_members_only

dank u bij voorbaat voor uw antwoorden!

greetinx,
93x2

THC123

Veteran
Nou , dan maken we ons toch vlug ff lid niet?:=D

Ik ga alleen nar de shop om heeeel af en toe goede hash te kopen , wiet koop ik al jaren neit meer in de shop wegens veel te wisselvallige kwaliteit en ook al paar keer toprot toppen mee naar huis gekregen voor 9 euro de gram:fsu::fsu::fsu::fsu:

oh you speak english , ok so i said then i will register just so i can buy good hash a few times per year , for the rest i never go to cofeeshops cuz i got buds with mold a few times for whoich i paid 9 euro per gram

K

Karma Genetics

Its off for the moment. I persenoly think it will never happen.

dubite

The Mayor of Mestreech is a Nazi!!
What people will do is go to Geleen and Weert instead of waiting for days to get their papers. This measure will not help tackle problems with hard drugs though and I have the feeling he wants to solve that issue the most..
We'll have to wait and see.

Latest posts

Latest posts