What's new

Meltnow (Meltdown BX (Oaxaca LandraceXDiesel))

TonyGreenHand

It smells like a garlic pine tree rusty.

Second day under the MH and there is some good coloration happening on her, hairs are turning a very nice burgundy red I'll try to post some pictures showing this off.

No nanners;)

TonyGreenHand

Had a friend smell a piece and they said it smelled like fruity burnt rubber! this one is going down as the oddest smelling strain I've ever grown. The smell is leaning towards Arcata trainwreck and has the same sting.

Sorry for the lack of photos as my camera has been down! more soon I promise!

TonyGreenHand

Update guys

I put her mack under the HPS, she needs more time to fill out although the few days I had her under the MH produced some interesting color notes. There is a purpling going on on some of the sugar leaf, deep purple on the tips and pink in the veins but nothing drastic enough to photograph just subtle hints. The hairs are turning a nice bright orange burgandy and the smell is ever evolving. Camera is down so used a different one FYI

Nuggets Nuggets Nuggets
033.jpg

031.jpg

034.jpg

Got to hit her harder next time, but shes still frosty as all hell. :wave:

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
i dont switch back to MH at the end of flower. would you explain your rational behind doing this? i am loving the grow log btw

TonyGreenHand

Switching to MH in the last week helps bring out the colors present in the bud, at least that's what I've noticed. I like my strains to have some personality so I switch over during my flush.

TonyGreenHand

Decision 12/14

Decision 12/14

Sorry to say I took her down last night. I could see a majority of the hairs retracting into the buds, which means my estimate of my finishing time was clearly off. She was also showing a mag. deficency on top of the lack of nitrogen. I know what I did wrong this round with her and I will learn from my mistakes, going to hit her much earlier on next time and a lot harder.

Nugget shots before the pull. She's going to be a great smoke, the last week I was still being very light on my feed.
005-4.jpg

007-3.jpg

009-1.jpg

011-4.jpg

Wish this one was not blurry:
002-4.jpg

More shots later! I'll update this thread again later when I get some more girls into flower. Thanks everyone!

TonyGreenHand

Thank you for the kind words Johnny and Red, Next time I hope will be twice as good as this round, should have some dried shots up tomorrow!

TonyGreenHand

001-7.jpg

002-6.jpg

Nice and frosty and the smell made it through 100% after drying.

This smell is a combination of so many different things. There is a smell like arcata trainwreck, and another smell like cleaning liquid. I smell pine terpines and almost a fried chicken herb, rosemary, or something that really makes you come back for a second wiff.

The high is pretty good too, waiting for it to completely dry before I post up a smoke report on her. got some friends doing some too so should have some from a few different people.

Thanks for sticking in there folks, hopefully a new round of meltnow soon!

TonyGreenHand

Smoke report

Smoke report

Reviewer name: TonyGreenHand
Date: 25 December, 2011
Time: 3:30 pm pst
Grower: TonyGreenHand
Strain: Meltnow

Pictures:
001-7.jpg

002-6.jpg

Physical Examination

Visual Appeal: (visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing - excellent)
Visible Trichromes: (visible trichrome content from 1-10 none - totally covered)
Colors present in the buds: ( on a scale from 1- 10 light - dark)
Burgandy: 5 Green: 7 Green: 2
Bud density: (Bud density on a scale from 1-10 airy - dense)
Aroma Description: (on a scale from 1-10 upon freshly broken bud where 1 indicates subtle presence and 10 indicates pronounced presence )
Warm: 5 Pine: 3 Garlic: 2 Musk: 2 Something else: 6
Aroma: (Aroma from 1-10 repulsive - delightful)
Aroma Intensity: (Aroma intensity from 1-10 subtle - overwhelming)
Were there seeds present in the bud?(Y or N)
N
Were there herm flowers present on the buds? (Y or N)
N
Overall Appeal: ( from 1-100 where 1 is frightening and 100 is majestic)
Additional comments:
This sample, for being pulled early, had a lot of positives. It was still covered with trichromes and the smell transfered through the drying process perfectly. It was a bit loose, but I know that it was grower error that caused this. The aroma was over powering from the begining, very strong. there are all these smells, but I can't identify the main smell present. The smell is very unique. The hairs on the bud are a very nice shade of brown red that accents the light and dark greens surrounding it.

Smoke Test

Utensils: 1' water bong - regular

Taste Description: (use numbers from 1-10 that apply to the taste where 1 is a subtle presence and 10 is a pronounced presence)
Pine: 3 Musky: 5 Unidentified smell: 8
Taste pungency ( pungency of taste from 1-10 light - heavy)
Taste impression: (impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant- scrumptious)
Moisture Level: (1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal)
Harshness: (1-10 smooth-harsh)
Smoke expansion: (smoke expansion in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explosive)
Smoke test comments:
The smoke of the Meltnow was smooth and tasty, although it could benefit from additional cure time. The taste is powerful and really comes through in the smoke. This is my first time smoking it out of a bong and the results come fast! I could not taste it as heavily through a bong, it tasted like the water is filtering out the best flavors. Cleaned the bong stem and the flavor profile came back and was very strong! I knew something was off! That unidentified smell really comes through in the flavor making me constantly think"WTF is that flavor" At some points I almost tasted a fried chicken like seasoning.

Follow up questions

Dosage: .5

Effect Onset: ~1 minutes to feel effects ~10 minutes for full effect onset

Potency: (from 1-10 none-devastating)
Effect length: 2 hours

Usability (from 1-10 where 1indicates the worst time of the day to consume this strain and 10 represents the ideal time of day)
Morning/wake up: 8 day/work: 9 Evening/relax: 5 Night/sleep: 2

Effect (what effect did the strain have write P if it had a POSITIVE effect and N if if had a NEGATIVE effect)
N :Ability to rest or sit still
P :Anxiety relief
- :Appetite
P :Audio Perception
- :Humor Perception
P :Imagination/creativity
- :Memory
P :Mood
P :Ocular relief
- :pain relief
N :paranoia relief
- :Sex drive
N :Sleep
- :Speech Process
- :Taste Perception
P :Thought process
P :Visual perception

Overall rating from 1-100:

Final Comment:

The Meltnow was a very appealing smoke for me, but I could be very bias as I was it's father. That fact aside the meltnow has a very heavy sativa leaning high that makes cognitive thought a breeze but sleep or resting in general seemed out of the question. It enchanced my mood, I normally hate the holidays and it brought me right out of my christmas funk. This weed lit up my senses making my mind and body very sensitive to my surroundings. I also noted a very warm feeling in my face and head. This high coupled with the way it looks and smells really sets the meltnow apart in my book as the ultimate daytime sativa. Smoking it with people becomes a very social event, where everyone is sharing their experiences and ideas openly. Top drawer!

bambi

Not bad for female clones eh,, ive never made female only seed, however i do want to do this with atleast one of my plants amongst a new line im growing out now,

This way there wont be too much change in the plant if i make it female right,!? - well' thats why im going to try it out, plus ive never come across two plants exactly the same anyhow, ive never heard of it, so i dunno mate"

That garlic smell&taste is old school, so is the pine smell i think,, all the female seed ive tried growing out turn out too stretchy and some dont bud up that shit hot, yet as clones they do really well ive noted over time, your plant has a hollow stem yes, no wonder theres alot of abundant resin, keep up the hard work eh"

best regards,
bam.

TonyGreenHand

Yes bambi there is a nice hollow stem inside her.

My understanding in making a feminized seed using pollen from the same source that you are going to see is that you are essesially drawing out the dominant traits present in what you're working with. I noticed that there were primarily sativa traits that came from this initial cross and I can speculate that is because the Oaxacan was more stable. I'll be doing more research on this strain in the future as well as using it in breeding projects so I will be sure to keep the public updated.

Latest posts

Latest posts