What's new

Medical marijuana grow-ops facing restrictions in Kamloops

pho

hey man, grow ripping is innitiation and sizeable income for heavy gangs in bc. its not just crackers and heads, but organized 007 spy store thiefs. crews work nightly in most known neighborhoods, mm

Ugh, I know. I know all too well how that stuff works and they'd love to rip a straight arrow like myself. I'm not a kid anymore so I don't play around, but when you're flying straight then you're vulnerable.

Last place I had was residential, quiet neighbours, everything was great. Then the owner sold his home so the thousands I put into the room went straight down the drain. Gained invaluable knowledge but if Health Canada changes the rules I'll be a sad bear. They just called and confirmed my renewal is in the final stages though so it's a reminder that at least I'm legal and don't have to worry about cops. It's just the thugs that I'm afraid of attracting. I don't want them extorting me.

T

the med man

i am repping mission ridge. but am all over the country from van to montreal slinging beans these days. wherever the best elite cuts are you will find me collecting.

i have done contract work in surrey, and i am pretty thorough when it comes to known municipal regulations. once my nute co. is fully operational i will probably move to toronto. i am blinded by shiney shirts and people with shit to prove in bc. too many marijuana millionaires, gun toters and sociopaths my this old timers liking these days, mm

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Haha I'd love to.

I'm also not too scared of small time rippers. I have cameras and a security system even at home, where I have nothing more than a few grams. I keep myself and my family safe. Always grow away from home in a safe location that no one knows about, not leaving paper trails or anything like that. And always growing within my limit.

What I'm scared of is the big guys, the guys who don't care about police. I don't want Hells Angels or some ethnic gang asking for a cut. Just because I'm in really good shape and brown, I get a lot of gangster types always sizing me up. AFOAF had some scary Vietnamese people after him. And another family I knew that was growing (no MMAR) were ratted on by another Asian family. Sucks to be a FOB sometimes.

lol I used to work for vietnamese guys and they'd all brag to about yields over cards and then end up robbing eachother.

pho

lol I used to work for vietnamese guys and they'd all brag to about yields over cards and then end up robbing eachother.

Yeah, I've seen idiots like that before too. I wouldn't risk going to jail and losing my license for life over something like that.

Lots of Viet, Cambodian and East Indian families grow as a means of income. I empathize with them as I'm a visual minority who loves the Viet culture (hence the username, pho), but it sucks how deep the self-hate goes. I've seen families rat on other ones before and it destroyed them.

My wife's parents did this long before we met. I actually didn't find out until well after I had my license and it made it to them. They spilled the beans and I was amazed. They had a home full of plants and they used the proceeds to take care of their family, never hurt anyone and just saw it as an opportunity to make money. Nothing nefarious, unless you recognize the abhorrent and archaic prohibition laws. They got ratted on, avoided jail time, but lost everything. Sometimes there's a dangerous criminal element, but sometimes it's just older individuals with no education, no English and no options.

Sorry for the side-story. I just think about it from time to time and obviously can't share it with anyone except on an anonymous platform. The parents are doing well though, still scared shitless when I blaze near them, and always sniff curiously whenever a whiff of ganja blows by. It's cute. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts