What's new

Medical Marijuana, gateway to Big Brother?

VirginHarvester

Veteran
If you were going to regulate MMJ via coops and want to prevent fraud the system seems to make sense. But the potential problems with it are obvious, even if the govt's intentions are honest at the moment.

GetUpStandUp

If you were going to regulate MMJ via coops and want to prevent fraud the system seems to make sense. But the potential problems with it are obvious, even if the govt's intentions are honest at the moment.
Not crackin on your post just I dont think the government and honest belong together, thats really wishful at best, either way I hear you just got tickled someone still has faith in govt to do the right thing, wish I could do that, well no I dont, been there done that. Lol

demasoni

on a serious note,
Is anyone concerned about abuse potential of MMJ registration systems in states such as colorado and Oregon?
Oregon for ex, the DHS/OHA processes and holds the records containing your confirmed identity, current residence and grow site location.
I would be concerned over the states ability to protect the list and its patients. It seems the ultimate protection is not registering.
I assume federal entities regularly obtain that list whether its known to the Oregon DHS and its patients or not.

The concern is how this could be abused when its more than obvious fed entities DO NOT approve of MMJ patients, so much to the extent patients could be a "target group" for a variety of things.
Think in the event executive orders are used to declare a state of _____, it would be the perfect time to get rid of or straighten out 'those pesky MMJ users hiding behind their state rights'. Maybe round them up and put them somewhere, or treat them differently in any other way as second or third class citizens.
The RFID and fingerprinting is a whole problem by itself that isn't limited to MMJ, as is any "Orwellian technology".
We have facial recognition technology, biometric scanning to be concerned about. Biometric data of your face/body is obtained in some states for a state photo ID for example (except its a biometric ID).
The feds and many states quietly implement a biometrics infrastructure as we speak - facial recognition cameras in public, city streets & intersections, hospitals, airports, interstates. Not good if they already have biometric data on you (a scan of your face). It goes so much further but that's another thread, so forget all that for a second-

These detailed state MMJ registries (CO, OR) have already sufficiently identified you for the feds.

Most Oregon people here seem completely comfortable with how thorough the registration process is and confident in its security.
Colorado folks on avg seem a little more skeptical of theirs I guess because there's no arguing its registry has been compromised before.
What makes individuals so comfortable with the Oregon registry?

Given the worst case scenarios who here sees or worries about feds getting hold of your states MMJ list?

I wouldn't be surprised if all of them are regularly snagged and entered into fed databases. seems like a gateway to big bro whether its intended by the state or not.

If you think otherwise instill in me some faith. I'd love to be comfortably "legal", but presently I'm not confident in it.

GetUpStandUp

on a serious note,
Is anyone concerned about abuse potential of MMJ registration systems in states such as colorado and Oregon?
Oregon for ex, the DHS/OHA processes and holds the records containing your confirmed identity, current residence and grow site location.
I would be concerned over the states ability to protect the list and its patients. It seems the ultimate protection is not registering.
I assume federal entities regularly obtain that list whether its known to the Oregon DHS and its patients or not.

The concern is how this could be abused when its more than obvious fed entities DO NOT approve of MMJ patients, so much to the extent patients could be a "target group" for a variety of things.
Think in the event executive orders are used to declare a state of _____, it would be the perfect time to get rid of or straighten out 'those pesky MMJ users hiding behind their state rights'. Maybe round them up and put them somewhere, or treat them differently in any other way as second or third class citizens.
The RFID and fingerprinting is a whole problem by itself that isn't limited to MMJ, as is any "Orwellian technology".
We have facial recognition technology, biometric scanning to be concerned about. Biometric data of your face/body is obtained in some states for a state photo ID for example (except its a biometric ID).
The feds and many states quietly implement a biometrics infrastructure as we speak - facial recognition cameras in public, city streets & intersections, hospitals, airports, interstates. Not good if they already have biometric data on you (a scan of your face). It goes so much further but that's another thread, so forget all that for a second-

These detailed state MMJ registries (CO, OR) have already sufficiently identified you for the feds.

Most Oregon people here seem completely comfortable with how thorough the registration process is and confident in its security.
Colorado folks on avg seem a little more skeptical of theirs I guess because there's no arguing its registry has been compromised before.
What makes individuals so comfortable with the Oregon registry?

Given the worst case scenarios who here sees or worries about feds getting hold of your states MMJ list?

I wouldn't be surprised if all of them are regularly snagged and entered into fed databases. seems like a gateway to big bro whether its intended by the state or not.

If you think otherwise instill in me some faith. I'd love to be comfortably "legal", but presently I'm not confident in it.
Totally see it, matter of fact New mexico has a card you can get for growing thats different from the mmj card. The mmj card is great to have, but the state has only like 16 dispensories???? So if you want smoke you got to geow, but cant without the second card which takes another 30days or more to get, then the want to know where, how, security, and what your chicks ass size is, I mean WTF, last part joking, but you get it.

Thats too much info on me to have them come regulate me when ever they want, might as well stay illegeal, and play the odds of them just finding you, and still have same beef if your caught. So yeah dont seem to smart to get on any list exspecially if you been to the feds, you already know how evil them bitches are, so put your address down so they can come visit you , Nah I pass on that one!

turbolaser4528

Veteran
negroes please, ain't nothin gonna happen this year, same shit different day. We should be so lucky the world as we know it ends. No more shitty ass jobs to slave at? SHIT, sign me up!! If the country collapses, solar flare emp, etc..(extremely unlikely, btw) i'll be the first one in the street with filet mignon steaks strapped to my chest ;) I said I said..........biiiiiiiiiiiitch

datruth

being on a list makes it easy to round all your asses up easilly. hell no why make it easy on em . and we all know feds dont play fair and they make their own rules. stay safe all