What's new

Medical marijuana dispensaries banned in unincorporated L.A. County

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Medical marijuana dispensaries banned in unincorporated L.A. County
November 23, 2010 | 2:24 pm
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors voted 4-1 Tuesday to ban medical marijuana dispensaries in unincorporated areas of the county.

The board also voted unanimously to develop a plan for stepped-up enforcement against shops that opened without a permit.

"Why don't you use everything you have to get them the hell out of unincorporated areas?" Supervisor Gloria Molina asked county staff.

Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky authored the proposal for stepped-up enforcement against a small number of unpermitted shops in unincorporated areas, but he said an outright ban would unfairly harm patients with a legitimate need. Yaroslavsky was the lone vote against the ban.

"This is not some sort of scheme or scam. This is not some sort of joke," Yaroslavsky said, noting that he had seen marijuana help friends afflicted with cancer.

The ban must be read again at a future meeting for final approval, and then would go into effect about 30 days later. Aides to Supervisor Mike Antonovich said the ban could be in place by the end of the year.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...aries-banned-in-unincorporated-la-county.html

R

rick shaw

:fsu: So who would that be great for? Not the patients or the growers or the dispensaries willing to risk 20 year sentences. The only people it would be great for is the douche bag street swingers and the leos. Which one are you?

what's a leos?

dispensary closing in the county is also good for the 47 or whatever established dispensaries in the LA city limits. good for street dealers for sure. great for delivery services who don't care about the rules to begin with.

I'm interested.... why?

cause he is hating. that what haters do. he obviously doesn't give a fuck about patient access.

my guess. he tried to vend, his ganj is bunk, he got low balled, turned it down, and now has dispensary sore-ass. common affliction in cali. i've seen fools show up at the weed sto' with twenty pound of mid-grade outdoor from up north, thinking they can get rid of it all... then throw a fit cause we don't want shitty outdoor, especially 20 half-trimmed half-wet pounds.

dispensaries do tax, and are often run by idiots, but patient access is more important.

McDank8O5

cause he is hating. that what haters do. he obviously doesn't give a fuck about patient access.

my guess. he tried to vend, his ganj is bunk, he got low balled, turned it down, and now has dispensary sore-ass. common affliction in cali. i've seen fools show up at the weed sto' with twenty pound of mid-grade outdoor from up north, thinking they can get rid of it all... then throw a fit cause we don't want shitty outdoor, especially 20 half-trimmed half-wet pounds.

dispensaries do tax, and are often run by idiots, but patient access is more important.

hit the nail right on the head with that one....

Latest posts

Latest posts