What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MED sent out an email nixing the Cannabs Cup in Denver

I don't know if anyone has seen it, but the MED sent out an email saying there is no legal way to participate in the Denver Cannabis Cup. They even went as far as to say that if you have a store you should not locate your booth in an area where people are allowed to smoke.

Also that you can not even purchase from your own store(owner or employee) and then enter in the Cup.

I wonder what High Times is going to do with only a couple of weeks to go?

I kind of saw this coming. I just thought it was going to be last year.

They can still hold the event, but there won't be a Cup. They should change the name though. :)

The MED is strict. It can still be an event, there just can't legally be a Cup. I'm surprised they even let people smoke at it. They won't allow a local license for an event that you can smoke at. This should be interesting. :)

Yeah, the LCB said the same thing. No Cannabis Cup or any other formal competitions in WA either in the near future.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
this will make the results from the cali and MI cups count more!

this hardcore bs might slow down the biggest players but I'll bet the booths will still be full of buds, babes, and dabs.

coffehouses and hash bars are coming, hang in there CO, some state is going to do this $hit right eventually.

I say the manufacturers of closed loop systems should be in change of hiring nurses and passing out free dabs at the cup, who's with me?

420-nurses-on-facebook.jpg

I predict this years cup is going to look like this.

1392040707000-1-Pothead.jpg

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I think this was a cruel measure to make sure there were not thousands and thousands of happy people in Denver judging, and living up. It is just too much for the leaders (term used loosely) to handle. It might become so large it scares the "leaders." It could be much larger than Amsterdam's cup. (of which I enjoyed 3 cup trips - and three times that non-Cup vacays.) Just thinkin;' aloud.

Last edited:
Medical is fine in WA, don't know about CO. Rec is the only thing that's out of the running here.

For CO its anyone thats legally licensed by the Marijuana Enforcement Division in CO... that means dispensaries, edible businesses, concentrate extractors, and anyone else thats running a business legally through the MED.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
"protecting the community" from a bunch of pot smokers, what a joke. How many political careers are built on this kind of bullshit issue?

Latest posts

Latest posts