What's new

Med-Man Tables By Krunchbubble...

DrFever

Veteran
I am very curious here has anyone EVER had a gnat infestation that actually killed a marijuana plant or any other plant ????? if so please post pics and tell us did plants die in 1 day 2 days ???? week ??
IMO there just a god dam nuisance,,, if anything. is it worth it to nukem , or treat plants with gnat issues ??? first off why are they there you forget to pic up that banana peel??? when you were admiring your girls and threw it on the floor lol well if you got gnats get on getting your room dialed in and less humid And stop buying cheap soils, think of your room as a operating table anything that goes in must be sterilized including soils coco you name it only then will gnats be gone
air intakes screen them so un invited guest can not surprise you ....If you see gnats and want them gone ??? go to your local green house and buy some insect repellent plants that you can place in your room lavender, pennyroyals , citronella
sprinkling cinnamon on top of your medium after each watering this also deters the gnats from going into mediums

anyways Happy growing Doc

I am very curious here has anyone EVER had a gnat infestation that actually killed a marijuana plant or any other plant ????? if so please post pics and tell us did plants die in 1 day 2 days ???? week ??
IMO there just a god dam nuisance,,, if anything. is it worth it to nukem , or treat plants with gnat issues ??? first off why are they there you forget to pic up that banana peel??? when you were admiring your girls and threw it on the floor lol well if you got gnats get on getting your room dialed in and less humid And stop buying cheap soils, think of your room as a operating table anything that goes in must be sterilized including soils coco you name it only then will gnats be gone
air intakes screen them so un invited guest can not surprise you ....If you see gnats and want them gone ??? go to your local green house and buy some insect repellent plants that you can place in your room lavender, pennyroyals , citronella
sprinkling cinnamon on top of your medium after each watering this also deters the gnats from going into mediums

anyways Happy growing Doc

From my humble personal experience think they are only a nuiscance when you have plants that have advanced past the seedling stage.

I had gnats this round with my organic soil and they killed some seedlings, stunted some others. On the ones that were stunted, i used Gnats Off (Contains BTI) and from the moment i started using it along with trichoderma, things got a lot better.

So, for seedlings and clones that are starting to root, i think they are more than a nuiscance.

DrFever

Veteran
^^^^^ Agreed in seedling stage or clones you might see issues ... I have had gnats on many occasions and obviously from organic soils , i have added , into my mix the manures etc being contaminated
Only thing they did was bother me as for hurting my plant not one ever died shit happens when you go organic blended mixtures thats what you get for going natures way hahaha
throw some stickys in room even sugar water in a bowl peel a potato sit it on medium they seem to drown in them lol other then that if your plant is healthy there is nothing them buggers can do if your plant is sick , weak then maybe they can do damage
the big hype on gnats is well over rated non sense now if you have spider mites that is a different story all together you screwed with them

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm pretty stoked to be able to downvote you at some point.

Could you please elaborate on the no point with coco part. I picked up a bag of Growstones when they were out of perlite to add some aeration to my coco. They seemed to work as well as perlite. Just curious as to your experience.

Well that's easy.

Pure coco > Adulterated coco

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I have a method for gnats that I have bin using for a bit. I take a clothes Iron and blast the outer top soil with steam. If you listen closely you can hear them screaming. Lol
Then I lay of the watering for stretch. Well it works and it sure is fun.

Fox farms promises 2lb of gnats in every 1LB of ocean forest.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Could you please elaborate on the no point with coco part. I picked up a bag of Growstones when they were out of perlite to add some aeration to my coco. They seemed to work as well as perlite. Just curious as to your experience.

Coco coir has the highest oxygen capacity for a potable plant medium. Its 22% air holding capabilities make it better than rockwool that has 14% ratings. You don't add anything to rockwool, and adding perilite for aeration/better drainage, is technically pointless in coco. Its a soil building technique.

HOWEVER.

Coco mixed with growstones is a great medium, it drains faster/dries faster but there is "less space" for roots technically speaking. Shouldn't be a factor if you have adequate container size.

It has its advantages if you want to have high feeding rates. Also its a lighter medium, in wet weight.

Also growstones have many pores that act as hotels/homes for microbiology.

The reason I choose not to use grow stones is the mess/money.

They aren't cheap, 30$ a bag here. The dust is a major health hazard. For Coco guys, its not necessary for success.

Pure coco drains just as well, and provides more space for nutrients and roots to coexist :) Its easier on your wallet and doesn't require a respirator to get ready.

Its easier and simple is always best. hope this helps :tiphat:

HUGE

Veteran
I got ya. Dust mask and cost/ not worth the effort with pure coco.

I was amending a coco based organic soil and they worked well for me.

Now anyone have an opinion on the grorox or whatever that botanic are sells say compared to growstones...

The also have a product called cocorox I believe which is coco mixed with these stones.

Miraculous Meds

I got ya. Dust mask and cost/ not worth the effort with pure coco.

I was amending a coco based organic soil and they worked well for me.

Now anyone have an opinion on the grorox or whatever that botanic are sells say compared to growstones...

The also have a product called cocorox I believe which is coco mixed with these stones.

Ive gotten some of the coco rox, To me its just another version of chunky perlite in coffee ground coco.

My take on coco is if ur wanting to treat it more like soil and not have to water too often, stick with the coffee ground stuff.

If u want to be able to treat it like hydro and water a lot without overwatering, a mix of the crouton size coco coir cubes, and the medium ground loose stringy coir is about perfect.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I guess ill get this thread back on topic....

Roots have popped through the baskets already, looks like they will be reaching the floor of the table in 72-96 hours...

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Once plants have 4-8 branches growing daily hey are ready to kick.

med-man

Great thread Krunch, way to go with the spirit of not giving up. Ive got three pages to go but those pics of the DHN clones look so good I just wanted to say I MISS DHN cuts from harborside! Had to move and now there 1000s of miles away lol. I never minded paying a few dollars more for cuts that were so healthy and almost twice as big as the regular priced one haha if not almost 3xs
Nice to meet you sir!

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
popcorn.gif

Alright intermission is over...let the show begin :D

BayBHuey

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they look awesome dude

please dont mind if i still over 2 pennies here and there

med-man