What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Measure Z Clubs Oakland, CA.

Ironeek

Hi all,

Are the Measure Z Clubs still running in Oakland? I heard that the Grasshopper Lounge had closed and other's are difficult to access without a refferal.

Would be really gratful anyone can provide some info....Many Thanks
:blowbubbles:

G

guest8905

A friend of mine had gotten his measure 'z' membership a few months ago. I have not heard anything since though. Would be interesting to hear about this, although i'm far from Oakland.

StickKy

Ironeek

One Club sez they hold interviews to determine membership....seems it might be easier to get a med card then a club z membership card.

R

rick shaw

A "measure Z" club is named after Oakland's city ballot initiative Measure Z which put marijuana as the lowest priority for law enforcement and mandated the city to allow a mmj program.
There were and still are some private or unofficial clubs in Oakland,Lemondrop was one,but they were raided. The Grasshopper lasted about five minutes last year. Prices were $50-65. It was like a crack house,you put your ID through a mail slot on a steel door and they let people in one at a time lol.
My question to the OP is why would you want to know about illegal clubs and marijuana sales? Are you a leo or just a duey

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
those clubs have some balls trying to operate illegally like that...best way to try and operate under measure Z would be delivery services...

but it looks like more and more that soon the bay area will only allow the big clubs to stay in business. those clubs will have to grow all their own meds so no more buying from unregulated growers. the more and more the government try to squeeze in new regulations and taxes the more and more people will move to black market again.

you can really see their true motives....monopoly. simple as that....only weed sold in clubs comes from the government regulated mega warehouses...look at CO..

R

rick shaw

Your right about the licensing and regulations present and future affect. Right now in NorCal there is a black market and a dispensary model,and in between is what I call the "green market",people with medical recs.that are disgusted or unfulfilled by the $$$ licensed clubs.

Latest posts

Latest posts