What's new

Me and Ace

RED 1

Golden Tigers are huge even the small pots looking good man.

Hi :)
Small pots, large pots, soil amendments,it's been a constant 40C+ direct sunlight since beginning of May my friend non stop
I suppose I spend more time protecting them from the sun than actually "growing them".LST is doing it's job, but,like you said, they just love to grow and grow(have slowed down with the stretch,a bit,putting some volume on)
There's some differences between them,2 phenotypes maybe,we'll see.I hope I can finish them
Thanks T.
P.S Very light with their nutrient feed,lots of watering under these conditions
I'm much happier with my Malawi,and,Zamaldelica #2,Bangi Haze June start

RED 1

Small pots, large pots, soil amendments,it's been a constant 40C+ direct sunlight since beginning of May my friend non stop
I suppose I spend more time protecting them from the sun than actually "growing them".LST is doing it's job, but,like you said, they just love to grow and grow(have slowed down with the stretch,a bit,putting some volume on)
There's some differences between them,2 phenotypes maybe,we'll see.I hope I can finish them
Thanks T.

Do they shout Africa,or,is it me?
Malawi
Zam #2
:)

Tangwena

Veteran
Thanks T.
I'm going to give these another shot but this time I will expect that stretch mine just outgrew my grow box in 2 weeks.
Your are looking great I will keep them in small pots next time or I'll have trouble again.They are very fast growers.

RED 1

I'm going to give these another shot but this time I will expect that stretch mine just outgrew my grow box in 2 weeks.
Your are looking great I will keep them in small pots next time or I'll have trouble again.They are very fast growers.

Strain is tops, needs someone to "tame" her ,and,not scare people off
I'll be following your attempt T.
Colours vibrant, last few fixes, have exceeded my height limit of 180cm,with them(PH inc)

RED 1

Missed my first grow room
Got some Killer A5 Haze on the go last night, and,now let's see :)
600W HPS BioBizz AllMix

Sweet indoors
Third day indoors 10/14
3 reasons
Slight spider mite attack, washed and sprayed, under observation
GT3s where always too close to each other.Seem to be doing ok
Strong winds.Plants are getting knocked and bruised around
Heat! With temps reaching 50C+ direct sunlight,2 months now, plus all the above, should have done different?Don't know but won't give up
Working with 1 x 600W HPS 33C average indoors, lots of watering.No nutrient fix, after the spray

RED 1

Sweet indoors
Third day indoors 10/14
3 reasons
Heat! With temps reaching 50C+ direct sunlight,2 months now, plus all the above, should have done different?Don't know but won't give up
Working with 1 x 600W HPS 33C average indoors, lots of watering.No nutrient fix, after the spray

Leaves starting to look clean(black stuff, dirt from surface)

SolarLogos

Sweet indoors
Third day indoors 10/14
3 reasons
Your plants look great Red, you really take good care of them and it shows.
Our temps don't get up to 50C+, but we do get 41C during the summer for a week or two at a time and the rest of the summer it varies between 35-37C here.
Here are a few things I've learned about growing outdoors in hot weather:
Just before it really heats up, transplant into big smart pots, trying to leave about 6 inches of moist soil between your roots and the edge of the pot, keeping the roots cooler and overall healthier. Plants will be happier too. Putting white porous bags over your pots help keep the roots cooler also. I have a white barrel in the shade near my plants that I keep full of water to declorinate. I water the plants first thing in the morning while it's still cool and the water is cold; I think it keeps the roots cooler longer during the day.
Use a shade cloth on the west side of your plants to protect them from the late afternoon sun, that seems to be the worst part of the heat/day.
Strain also has a lot to do with it and Malawi and GT can take a lot of heat, but all plants have to be conditioned for the heat.
I put seedlings outdoors in the 106f/41C sun when the cotyledons open and they do just fine. I documented it on here last year with both HPHxKC and Zampan. Those two plants only knew extreme heat their entire vegetative life.
However, a few years ago, I started plants outdoors in late April. Temperatures stayed cool until late May and we had 3 days of 95F/35C, then 106F41C. It killed my Afghan and fried the leaves on my 3 GT.
My point is, plants can do very well in high temps/very hot sun if they either start their life in that environment, or are gradually acclimated to it over time, no sudden increases in temps like we had here 3 years ago.
Wind is another huge issue we have here. If I top the plants a lot during veg, the wind spllits the branches at the nodes, especially in flower. Anymore, if I want quantity, I top them, put them directly into the ground and build cages around them and use nets and do a kind of scrog, it's the only way to keep the branches from splitting.
Otherwise, I plant in pots but letting them grow natural, without topping. Then the problem becomes plants falling over. A lot of NLD like to grow roots down, not so much out so I use deeper vs wider pots. For those, I put tall stakes in the ground. Hope it helps.
Keep up the good work and thanks for posting.
Peace, God bless

RED 1

Your plants look great Red, you really take good care of them and it shows.
Our temps don't get up to 50C+, but we do get 41C during the summer for a week or two at a time and the rest of the summer it varies between 35-37C here.
Here are a few things I've learned about growing outdoors in hot weather:
Just before it really heats up, transplant into big smart pots, trying to leave about 6 inches of moist soil between your roots and the edge of the pot, keeping the roots cooler and overall healthier. Plants will be happier too. Putting white porous bags over your pots help keep the roots cooler also. I have a white barrel in the shade near my plants that I keep full of water to declorinate. I water the plants first thing in the morning while it's still cool and the water is cold; I think it keeps the roots cooler longer during the day.
Use a shade cloth on the west side of your plants to protect them from the late afternoon sun, that seems to be the worst part of the heat/day.
Strain also has a lot to do with it and Malawi and GT can take a lot of heat, but all plants have to be conditioned for the heat.
I put seedlings outdoors in the 106f/41C sun when the cotyledons open and they do just fine. I documented it on here last year with both HPHxKC and Zampan. Those two plants only knew extreme heat their entire vegetative life.
However, a few years ago, I started plants outdoors in late April. Temperatures stayed cool until late May and we had 3 days of 95F/35C, then 106F41C. It killed my Afghan and fried the leaves on my 3 GT.
My point is, plants can do very well in high temps/very hot sun if they either start their life in that environment, or are gradually acclimated to it over time, no sudden increases in temps like we had here 3 years ago.
Wind is another huge issue we have here. If I top the plants a lot during veg, the wind spllits the branches at the nodes, especially in flower. Anymore, if I want quantity, I top them, put them directly into the ground and build cages around them and use nets and do a kind of scrog, it's the only way to keep the branches from splitting.
Otherwise, I plant in pots but letting them grow natural, without topping. Then the problem becomes plants falling over. A lot of NLD like to grow roots down, not so much out so I use deeper vs wider pots. For those, I put tall stakes in the ground. Hope it helps.
Keep up the good work and thanks for posting.
Peace, God bless

Temps in direct sunlight, are 50C+ a constant for 2 month now my friend.Around 40C+ with partial shading
I'm extremely happy with how things are going SS.Minor hiccup with the presence of "bugs",I'm not discouraged
Strong winds and high temps. are a problem when balcony space is limited.Limited to grow Aces :)
Rooting system,balcony floors always moist(water even tiles 3/4 times a day).Girls get watered 3 times a day with this heat
Pot sizes, early spring start,re potting,etc all your valuable comments are not getting wasted.There's always going to be the next grow, hopefully it will show that something has been learned
Every girl has her individuality,and,they love it when you sweet talk to them
Well GT3s are getting that,indoors,momentarily
All is good, good smoke, coffee(02.30 am),even changed my sleeping pattern(long afternoon siestas),so I can managed the heatwave
I'm not after the "buzz",I'm after a healthy looking plant, and,thank you for turning up once in a while to encourage my efforts
I appreciate it more than you know

RED 1

Temps in direct sunlight, are 50C+ a constant for 2 month now my friend.Around 40C+ with partial shading
I'm extremely happy with how things are going SS.Minor hiccup with the presence of "bugs",I'm not discouraged
Strong winds and high temps. are a problem when balcony space is limited.Limited to grow Aces :)
Rooting system,balcony floors always moist(water even tiles 3/4 times a day).Girls get watered 3 times a day with this heat
Pot sizes, early spring start,re potting,etc all your valuable comments are not getting wasted.There's always going to be the next grow, hopefully it will show that something has been learned
Every girl has her individuality,and,they love it when you sweet talk to them
Well GT3s are getting that,indoors,momentarily
All is good, good smoke, coffee(02.30 am),even changed my sleeping pattern(long afternoon siestas),so I can managed the heatwave
I'm not after the "buzz",I'm after a healthy looking plant, and,thank you for turning up once in a while to encourage my efforts
I appreciate it more than you know
My choices, what's pleasing to the eyes this summer
Zamaldelica #2
Malawi
Panama Haze
P.S Afghani can be lethal with these temps
:biggrin: