What's new

Maybe this is just paranoid tinfoil hat shit

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
I read an article written 2006 on CNETNEWS that said the FBI has the capability to turn the microphone on your cellphone on even when the unit it is turned off. Nothing new there. And that was four years ago.

Now, most newer laptops come with a built-in HD webcam and microphone. I almost went for it because my laptop is 5 years old and great deals are out there right now. My current laptop has neither of those features but is getting to be just a slow POS.

But I'm concerned how easily those features can be hacked by any nut-job or accessed by the piggers. The security of those seems nonexistent. I even read a forum where one kid was talking to his girl-friend, she shut off her PC, but he could still see her. Now with laptops, even when unplugged there is power from the battery anyway. But still there are capacitors or other hardware that store power too, so powering the things somehow or other is possible, it seems.

Is all this just paranoid ramblings, tin foil hat shit, or is that all a possibility and a HUGE personal security blunder fostered by big business? Actually it could be seen as a planned way to augment control. I am not alone at all in seeing all the holes in personal security here and wondering in amazement why this fairly recent phenomena of social networking is so hugely popular.

Gimme my fucking tinfoil hat, I need it.

they been putting shit like this in technology for a while now... with phones and shit all the big ceo's when they have meeting have to turn off there phones.... AND TAKE OUT THE BATTERY.... cause turning off the phone is not enough... i say be wary of anything the makes your life easier cause it also makes your life easier to steal and ease drop in....

The gov knows everything going on.... If its worth the money then they step in... if you think they dont already know everything anyways, now who being nieve!

northstate

ICMag Donor
Technology is there for sure. No tin foil needed there is so much data mining going on its absurd. Recent examples include Google streetview cars rolling around picking passwords and sensitive data everywhere and if you have an Iphone it saves a screen shot of every website window you close in a non-user accessible part of its operating system. Those are small compared to the NSA, research maincore and the new giant data centers being built in Texas and Virginia. Not to get too far out but Onstar is another one with voice recording going on. We all leave tracks its our job to make them difficult to follow. PoopyTbags advice about the battery is golden, or better yet leave your personal tracker for a spell at home some days. That case about the laptops being activated by the school for spying is crazy real, so ours shouldn't be any different. Stay safe everybody and stay informed. NS

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Tin foil, not aluminum

Tin foil, not aluminum

I hope everyone remembers that it is tin foil that provides protection from being controlled by CIA radio waves, and that aluminum foil is totally ineffective. The entire reason that the powers that be forced the tin foil manufacturers to switch to aluminum foil is because there were so many people that were able to avoid being mind controlled because tin foil was so readily available. The reason that people haven't caught on is because they think aluminum foil is protecting them but once under the control of the CIA radio waves they are unaware that it has happened.

(yes people, I'm kidding)

Latest posts

Latest posts