What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mayan Prophecy Epic Fail Excuse Thread

Protea

I think you guys should hold your horses a bit, at least until after the NRA press conference, fook knows what thous guys will say. Maybe they are the anti crist after all.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chit... what... no end of the world... Guess I need to find a job now..... flippen mayan...

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
Damn....and I wasted all that time and good heavy duty foil making a foil sombrero big enough to fit my fat head (figuring it'd either protect me or make me stylish in the eyes of the Mayans.)
Oh well, I'll save it for New Year's eve. hehehe

(cookie stands outside at night screaming "we welcome you, our Mayan overlords!")

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like most prophesies, the original meaning was ursurped to create fear and to distract from the intent of 12/21/2012- a consciousness awakening- or reboot if you will

Today marks the end of the 13th Baktun, a 26,000 year cycle. The new cycle is said to free this dimension from the bondage of the human consciousness ursurpers.

Stay tuned

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We all have the power to change history,

I farted last night in front of a hot gal, I musta saved the world.

greenpinky

Lol the end of the world was dodged, due to not voting Romney in.
Only john cluad van dam knows when the world will end, due to him challenging chuck Norris to a fight.

ufullachit

People cashed in on this Mayan Baktun.
When the missionaries "converted" the Mayans they destroyed their culture, a large part of which was calenders.

The had all kinds of calenders that followed many aspects of nature. There were more calenders, they were simply destroyed.

The end that was being manipulated into apocolypse, was the end of an era. This being an era of chaos and disorder. Now we are entering the a new era. An era of unity and togetherness.

Another way of looking at it is we are leaving the night and entering dawn. Night being darkness, and Dawn being the threshold of illumination.
From what I have gathered, we should start seeing alot more beneficial advancements in society through, technology, agriculture, arts and music etc.
Which would also be an expansion of our species consciousness.

They way I look at it is roughly like this....

12 21 2012 the end of their world.
12 22 2012 the start of ours.

Things are looking good with two states legalizing cannabis.

Happy Solstice

PS heres a link
http://www.sacred-texts.com/time/cal/mayacal.htm

First we get some Bilble Profecy, and Now we get the New Age goodness...:laughing:... They still sound alike but with a twist... The End of all Bullshit Manipulated Wars.. And now everyone will be "United and In Love with Love", :wtf: And a Lucis trust one world government to run it all, with Helen P. Blavatsky coming back to life and reincarnating as prince williams child to run the world into the ground....

Yeah right we'll see if that really happens... :ying:

I could see this one coming a mile away!

Oh.. BTWE, I just turned the news on, there's still people talking shit about other people and wars are still a blazin'....

:tiphat:

ufullachit

As long as the Mainstream Meadia keeps controlling the Minds of 80% of the world, Were Screwed.. Just my two cents... I think by the time we really get it together, All the "World Doctrines" should be destroyed completely.. Unless they truly have unity at heart! peace

I

im me

I don't mean to sound like a dick but did anyone ever think they just got tired of keeping track

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Woke up. Guess what? No end of the world. And now for the coup de grace.....

I TOLD YOU SO! Freaking Mayans....why not have some more ritual sacrifice, the gods didn't make it rain enough for our corn to grow. DUH!

Where's the next calamity....bueller....bueller.....bueller?

fungzyme

They forgot to include the extra days for leap years - doing some quick math, looks like we got another 8 months or so...

Live it up!

Jbonez

Veteran
mayan calendar was a mathematical contrivance of linear measurement...the Gregorian calendar (which is what we follow today) was based on lunar cycles not mathematics, and cannot account for an extra day every four years.
following the Gregorian calendar, and adding an extra day every four years, we have already passed the Aztec calendars date of Dec. 21, 2012.

sorry.

I thought the Gregorian difference was accounted for?

Jbonez

Veteran
frabz-Rapes-crush-on-December-20-2012-World-Doesnt-End-faf04a.jpg

I

im me

What really happened is the Maya discovered an amazing landrace sativa and devoted their time to cultivating the plant of the gods... calendar? What Calender? We stopped doing that fucking years ago man.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
there is a simple explanation.....chuck norris teamed up with mcguyver to put an end to the world ending. norris 1 armageddon 0