What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

May/June 2012 Grow of the Month!

May/June 2012 Grow of the Month!

• Freggle baut an 3x600 Watt +

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Chief Bigsmoke's Perpetual Groove and Nerdatorium

Votes: 48 40.7%
  • Seeking Critique on Vert Colosseum SOG concept

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Freedom 35

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Cob's Cabin

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Northern Lights @ royal queen seeds - 150W

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are the nominees for the second Grow Of The Month contest. These nominees were selected by our moderators based upon the following criteria, which we hope you will also use to judge the best of the grows:

It must be a grow completed during the prior month.

It should be well documented with photos from each stage of growth.

Harvested pics should be included - doesn't need to be cured.

Other factors to consider:

• The quality of the information in the report.
  • The frequency and presentation of updates (weekly updates?).
  • The quality of multimedia (photos/video) macros etc.
  • The design setup explained, DIY details can make for a really great thread.
  • Unique setup and design.
  • The amount of interest in the grow.
  • Strain review.
  • Smoke report.
  • Replying to all questions on the thread.
  • The end result, quality of the harvest.
These are the criteria to be used to judge a grow journal. So it's NOT JUST THE END RESULT, nor is it based solely upon how the plants look, how big they are, how well they smoke. It's about how well the grower did documenting the grow and other factors like innovation or responding to questions.

The idea is to encourage ppl to better document their grows, not just to reward the best looking buds...although I would expect every nominee to have done the best with their situation and genetics.

So let's see what you folks think are the best documented grows.

Please take some time and check out each one. Our members put lots of effort into documenting their grows and our mods reviewed many grows to come up with these nominees. You may already be familiar with one or more of these that represent the kind of indepth grow info you can find on IC Mag.

The nominees:

Freggle baut an 3x600 Watt + Nominated by gaiusmarius

i felt the fact that Freggle documented it all starting with the setup, built it all in a spic and span way, very clean and functional and most importantly he has shown some respectable results at the end of it all. it's just a worthy thread.
Chief Bigsmoke's Perpetual Groove and Nerdatorium Nominated by yortbogey

I found Chiefbigsmokes...Nerdatorium, to be packed full of high-end info, well scripted input, and even better follow thru than i could ever muster.......
the dude deserves a look and a gander...
simple splendid thread... to read and follow...
Seeking Critique on Vert Colosseum SOG concept. Nominated by Hundred Gram Oz

From the very start, the thread is full of DIY, as the thread progresses so does his design, his most recent grow starts here at page 57. Full of great information, pictures and knowledge. Everyone could learn a thing or 2 out of this thread with all the knowledge exchange between growers.
Freedom 35 Nominated by ganja_hasi

nameless did and keep doing an awesome work..greatly presented, outstanding pictures of some rare cannabis beauties and nothing but dank nuggets..
Cob's Cabin Nominated by Hundred Gram Oz

it's a great thread filled with lots of juicy bud shots and has a great following, it's a really great read.
Northern Lights @ royal queen seeds - 150W Nominated by exploziv_gbb

While it's not a big grow, it's well documented and he got a nice final result.
So please vote for the grow report/thread/journal you think is best!

Prizes:
Winner gets a $100 credit at the bay or boo and an ICMag T-Shirt! (Provided by HGO)

Last edited:

chief bigsmoke

I'm honored to share some of the knowledge I've come across in my studies - plus I hope to make some new friends. Please feel free to browse my thread. I added a handy Table of Contents for easy reading and re-reading.

:party:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Here's the ICM T-Shirts:

GOTM Winner Prize

picture.php

picture.php

HGO

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
excellent indeedy....glad this came too be....
I found Chiefbigsmokes...Nerdatorium, to be packed full of high-end info, well scripted input, and even better follow thru than i could ever muster.......
the dude deserves a look and a gander...
simple splendid thread... to read and follow.......

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
man thanks ganj for the nom! i am so honored that im up against bigsmoke and cob, two threads that i truly admire around here. ill have to have a gander at the other competition!

id like to point out that although my thread has been going for over a year now, and is packed with scores of images and information, chief bigsmokes current and last thread take quality information gathering and sharing to a whole new level in my opinion. he is a constant inspiration to me to bring more to the online community here at IC, and i happen to personally know that he would benefit very much from the prize offered, as it is not easy for him to afford quality genetics. (respect bro) i will humbly cast my vote for him.

much love to all here at IC. i have learned everything here and am honored that my efforts to give back to the community have been noticed.

edit - lol good to see you all feel the same way so far!

chief bigsmoke

Nameless... damn.. you made me blush.. I'de like to debate your response though....

Nameless + 52 pages of awesome + one of my nicest friends = SURE WIN
Me+ only 15 pages of random info barfed into a thread + just trying to grow as good as my friends like Nameless = solid runner up...

so you see... you sir are my hero

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
To even be nominated here is an honor.

Thanks HGO!

Good luck to all the other nominees!

(Now I have to get back to my rebuild!)

chief bigsmoke

If for some reason, I would be honored enough to win - I'm splitting my prize with Nameless because he rocks... big ups bro!

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And the WINNER IS

Chief Bigsmoke's Perpetual Groove and Nerdatorium :jump::yay:

Congrats to Chief Bigsmoke! :trampoline::good:
Please contact Clarence to get your prizes.

Big thanks to all those who participated, including the mods who reviewed and nominated the grows, the other growers who were nominated and everyone who looked over the grows and voted! :thank you:

chief bigsmoke

Thank YOU everyone who voted! thank you freggle and all the other nominees and most of all thank you to all the mods who nominated us.

contests like this are fun to bring the IC community to together and inspire us to keep putting lots of effort into our journals.

I appreciate you very much icmag.

I found a funny picture for everyone:
OMGURTOTALLYRADSRSLYextreme.png

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
SCHWING.....for the win
WINGDINGGER .....for the wiener....
and abig OLE' @boy...for the the chief
nice