What's new

Maximum kief to butter infusion?

comfy markoth

Hello there,

Is there a maximum amount of kief i can use to infuse into 250g of butter?

I have about 2 ounces of decarbed kief and am unsure if i can infuse all of it into one 250g block of butter?

Just trying to do it all in one go to limit the amount of time i stink up the house. :geek:

Thanks.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I found when using bud there is lots of potency increase from extracting 100 gr bud in 400 gr butter to 100 gr bud in 200 gr butter. Given kief return is usually around 20%, that would mean a 200 gr packet of butter should be able to incorporate at least 20 gr kief. Could be more, have no ideea. To me it seems concentrated enaugh that way, cause u can hide a few grams of butter in anything, and that's a portion for me. :2cents:

comfy markoth

I found when using bud there is lots of potency increase from extracting 100 gr bud in 400 gr butter to 100 gr bud in 200 gr butter. Given kief return is usually around 20%, that would mean a 200 gr packet of butter should be able to incorporate at least 20 gr kief. Could be more, have no ideea. To me it seems concentrated enaugh that way, cause u can hide a few grams of butter in anything, and that's a portion for me. :2cents:

Thanks.

I was just unsure if 250g of butter had a maximum amount that it could actually 'hold', i might just put 500g of butter?

I'm hoping for maximum strength from only one stove pot. It stinks, and i can't be doing this twice.

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Crockpot works best. Sense you have keif you don't need water to separate plant from the butter. I'd do 1 pound of butter for 2 oz kief if it's quality kief. You don't want the THC content to high or people may not like the cookies ECT that you make from it.

comfy markoth

Crockpot works best. Sense you have keif you don't need water to separate plant from the butter. I'd do 1 pound of butter for 2 oz kief if it's quality kief. You don't want the THC content to high or people may not like the cookies ECT that you make from it.

I have kief AND trim, and it's not super fine kief, so i'll treat it just like it's all trim.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
One can always use less butter if more potent. (You can add non infused butter if recipe calls for more butter per portion than you want to add from the infused kind.) That way you can get effects without an perceptible taste alteration to most meals.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thanks.

I was just unsure if 250g of butter had a maximum amount that it could actually 'hold', i might just put 500g of butter?

I'm hoping for maximum strength from only one stove pot. It stinks, and i can't be doing this twice.
Its all about portions to me. I try to get at least 50-100 portions per stick of butter, and a good portion for a good trip for me is around 1 gram of bud extracted. Depending on you needs and how strong the material from which the kief and trim comes, you decide how many portions you should need and add more or less butter. Up to 5 gr butter per portion is doable, so you could add 2 sticks of butter and still end with something very usable. I dont know how much kief and trim you got but I am sure you can figure out how much butter you need. Doesn't need to be exact, just needs to be good for your needs.
Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts