What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

maxibloom...cloudy res after 24 hours???

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Weird. On my experience I just measure dump and stir. No hot water/pre shake just kiss. Works great for me.. Goodluck joe

Same for me. Only R/O water though.

Stir/shake it for a minute with room temp water and let it sit or circulate.... it's crystal clear in about 2 hours with no sediment.

Only time I had stuff 'fall out' with GH nutes is the FloraNova stuff... heh

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Y

YosemiteSam

Remember Maxi is a one part nute. That means you have Calcium along with Phosphate and Fe together.

You mix that in a real concentrated solution...like a one liter jug...and you are very likely to form gypsum, iron phosphate and calcium phosphate.

You are much better off mixing Maxi in a bunch of cold water instead of a little hot water.

This is why conventional nutes are at least two parts...calcium does not play well with other stuff in concentrated solutions. Every one part nute uses some trick to make that work. In Maxis case that is to put it together dry.

Don't mix it in a concentrated solution like that and you will have much better results. In fact, if you are filling 30 gallons make sure you have 10 or more gallons before you start adding the Maxi.

Good luck with your experiment.

edit...it is really more about concentrations than pH, anything below 6.5 should produce a clear solution provided you have it dilute enough. The exact pH you want is more dependent on your waters alkalinity than anything else.

K

Kitsym

hmmmm, this thread is making me reconsider maxi-bloom as a base...

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
hmmmm, this thread is making me reconsider maxi-bloom as a base...
If you mean... using it because it's drop-dead simple then go for it.

It's simple...

Clean water, not too concentrated of nutes, not hot water. So.... basically like all your other nutes, just with a short wait time till it clears.

Seeing as it's super cheap and pretty much dead on for cannabis... still makes me wonder (after all these years) why people go for something else.

K

Kitsym

^fair enough, just was a concerned about the solubility, because of posts in here about it not mixing fully... i guess lesson is learned about not using hot water!!! thanks for the advice

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
ya i mixed directly in res and everything dissolved...i guess ill see tomorow if it clouds up...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PBP and Canna Bio need a rec pump as well. If I dont it will settle on the bottom and my water is clear. Should be brown...I still mix it up before I use it. Even with the pump there is still some on the bottom. Organics seem to fall out of suspension very easy....

Herbophile

I use maxi and my res also gets cloudy after about 24 hours but using tap water. It gets clearer after a couple of days. I fill my res at full strength (7g/gallon) and top off daily with plain water. After 5-7 days I dump and refill. For the past year it's been working great even with the cloudy res going on. I just harvested my last round and I got almost 1 gpw with nothing but maxi so that's good enough for me.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
yep no promblems mixing directly in the cold res, then i let it warm up naturally with the recirc pump, everything dissolved and no cloudyness

FlaDankster

Veteran
I wonder if those that may have had any issues with MB was due to heating the water???

I'm sure some may just use warm tap and some use the nuker or boil it.

Would using water at different temps show different problems within a grow possibly is my ?

G

Guest 18340

Not sure which thread it's in but I recall someone have issues when using hot water to dissolve MB. I think it caused the calcium to bind and fallout in little balls.

m4n

Most I do is 21 grams in a gallon jug half filled with hot water...shake for a few min and let it sit for another 10,shake again...still have left over particles on the bottom.of my bucket after feeding...not a big deal...rather have it on the bottom then in my medium

blissfest

I use cold water in a blender, I mix 210 grams for a 30 gal. rez at one time, looks like a margarita:)

I always put my protekt in 1st, then drip clean, then the margarita in about 20 gal. stir up real good then fill up to 30 gal.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Most I do is 21 grams in a gallon jug half filled with hot water...shake for a few min and let it sit for another 10,shake again...still have left over particles on the bottom.of my bucket after feeding...not a big deal...rather have it on the bottom then in my medium

Switch to cold water and let it sit for 30-60 min's after the first shake. Shouldn't have any particles left on the bottom and your plants will be getting the calcium they want.

COLD WATER FOLKS! :D

Yeah, a blender would rock. LOL

SensiBC

I use an immersion blender... works well. :)

Kinda like this:
145px-Wand_Blender.jpg

FlaDankster

Veteran
And how is one supposed to get buff usin a damn blender????????????

Sounds like a good idea though for those that need to mix larger batches.

I really feel room temp water is the key.

Shake a bit for some buffness...........smoke a bit for some buzzness..........shake 1 mo time for that extra pump of buffness.

Eazy peazy i tell yas!

C

-Capfan-

Is maxibloom being used through veg and flower with the same ratio/Gal ?

Seems so simple, and koolbloom as a additive?