What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maxi bloom to Kool bloom switch

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
For outdoor I'm going for weight, a small quality difference will not change price, to be blunt. It's cheap. For quality I have the indoor.

goingrey

@goinggrey
They are telling you to use koolbloom dry only at those weeks. Not before. Not to use it by itself.
Seems you're right but they do lower the bloom at the same time in the corresponding amount both in the DTW and recirc schedules. Was wondering why they would add N at the end but the sum is still less N with this system I guess. They also only suggest it for only one week of a 12 week flowering, bordering on the why even bother...

cfl...KING

Veteran
Seems you're right but they do lower the bloom at the same time in the corresponding amount both in the DTW and recirc schedules. Was wondering why they would add N at the end but the sum is still less N with this system I guess. They also only suggest it for only one week of a 12 week flowering, bordering on the why even bother...
From what I read it boosts yield an helps the plants finish slightly early

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Seems like for a push at the end. Could help ripen some varieties. I liked using it. But I dont really use "boosters" anymore. Just a great base formula. Been using cns 17 from botanicare. They have a bloom formula and then a ripe formula for the last few weeks of feed. The base just changes npk ratios.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
I would say yes. But conditions could have been slightly different from when I wasnt using it. And contributed to differences. But I definitely didnt notice any negatives to using it, other than it lowering ph of solution even more than maxi alone, which needed further correction than usual.

cfl...KING

Veteran
I would say yes. But conditions could have been slightly different from when I wasnt using it. And contributed to differences. But I definitely didnt notice any negatives to using it, other than it lowering ph of solution even more than maxi alone, which needed further correction than usual.
My outdoor plants don't get pH'd water they get water from the hose in a 2gal bucket with a scoop of maxi bloom. 3 Bigg ones are over 7ft. The other 2 are just under 6
IMG_20220810_132340276_HDR~2.jpg

RoostaPhish

Veteran
I'm sort of obsessive these days so I would check it. But I never used to with my outdoor especially. With tap water you could easily be fine. It changes ph much more dramatically with ro water.

cfl...KING

Veteran
Thank you, next year I'll use these 25gal fabric bags instead of the 5gal pots. See if I can get over 12ft an 3-4lb a plant.

Start them indoors so they'll be 2-3ft when they go outside

Latest posts

Latest posts