What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maui Wowie (Hawaiian) TLT

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello everyone :watchplant:

Starting these from The Landrace Team.
Classic Hawaiian Sativa from the 60’s.

Attachments

• Maui Wowie (Hawaiian).jpg
    Maui Wowie (Hawaiian).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Ah yes, Maui Wowie, Kona Gold, Panama Red, Fallbrook Sensemillia, Colombian Gold, Thai Stick, and a host of other vintage brand names flood the landscape of my mind's eye, as I take a nostalgic stroll down memory lane to my previous life growing up in 1980's SoCal where the fragrant aroma of primo bud wafted through the crisp mountain air for the breathing pleasure of chair-lift riders whoopin' and hollerin' amid towering pines laden with freshly fallen powder at the fabled Mountain High West ski area nestled amid the San Gabriel mountain range.

Last edited:

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah yes, Maui Wowie, Kona Gold, Panama Red, Fallbrook Sensemillia, Colombian Gold, Thai Stick, and a host of other vintage brand names flood the landscape of my mind's eye, as I take a nostalgic stroll down memory lane to my previous life growing up in 1980's SoCal where the fragrant aroma of primo bud wafted through the crisp mountain air for the breathing pleasure of chair-lift riders whoopin' and hollerin' amid towering pines laden with freshly fallen powder at the fabled Mountain High West ski area nestled amid the San Gabriel mountain range.
Yes, some memories are worth reliving and some experiences can take you to new heights.

9 germed and in pots.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whats up and doing well so far.

Attachments

• MW-1-1.JPG
    MW-1-1.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 28
  • MW-4-1.JPG
    MW-4-1.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 26
  • MW-7-1.JPG
    MW-7-1.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 30
  • MW-8-2.JPG
    MW-8-2.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 26
  • MW-9-1.JPG
    MW-9-1.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 24
  • MW-10-1.JPG
    MW-10-1.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 24
  • MW-11-1.JPG
    MW-11-1.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 29
  • MW-15-2.JPG
    MW-15-2.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 28
  • MW-16-1.JPG
    MW-16-1.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 32

CharlesU Farley

For any history buffs viewing this thread, the real history of Maui Wowie:

Brotherhood of Eternal Love - Maui Wowie

For those with short attention spans, here is the tl:dr version:

"These two strains, the Mexican "Lightening Bolt" and the Afghani "Kula Crippler" were crossed by a surfer from Santa Barbara, and quickly Kula was covered with this NEW crossbred strain. It was so good that BEL members began smuggling it back to California. This new strain was the now world famous "Maui Wowie" named in honor of where it was created."

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is the maui wowie the same as the Hawaiian used in hawaiian snow from greenhouse,,, I'm desperate to lock down what was in that old Hawaiian haze and hawaiian snow,,,

Amsterdam had a hawaiian years ago I'm desperate to run again

I'm guessing the one I am looking for is not the same as dutch flowers sativa as that is discribed as lemon tasting,, the one I'm thinking of is more tropical tasting and purple, very airy,, musky in some ways,, but fills the air with a beautiful incense smell

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
For any history buffs viewing this thread, the real history of Maui Wowie:

Brotherhood of Eternal Love - Maui Wowie

For those with short attention spans, here is the tl:dr version:

"These two strains, the Mexican "Lightening Bolt" and the Afghani "Kula Crippler" were crossed by a surfer from Santa Barbara, and quickly Kula was covered with this NEW crossbred strain. It was so good that BEL members began smuggling it back to California. This new strain was the now world famous "Maui Wowie" named in honor of where it was created."
Thanks CharlesU Farley for the interesting piece of history. :tiphat:

CharlesU Farley

I heard the lightning bolt was sinaloan and sinaloa was just a port they used and herb came from oaxaca. Also they outcrossed to kandahar and back to pure sativas to make “hawaiian”. They also setup grows in mexico growing hawaiian and thai stick.
The Brotherhood of Eternal Love: From Flower Power to Hippie Mafia: The Story of the LSD Counterculture
by Stewart Tendler and David May

Latest posts

Latest posts