MASSIVE OUTDOOR GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hear ya man...on every point...

I welcome large single plots in some ways...(take the heat...)

In other ways though........brings the heat in the first place and fucks it up for everyone else...

You said, I say all the time....you fuckin break it up a little and you bring it all home......

Lot of places one can still pull off larger concentrated stuff, but, it ain't North America anymore :smoke:...(yeah, sure, a few get through the cracks here and there...can set one up tomorrow, but, larger you get, comes down to 50/50 chances (not impossible...not every single sq. ft. of continent monitored.....I get interested and excited when I find a spot which has never seen any eradication efforts, no traffic, etc (That last spot I was doing?...was kinda like that....really never any air traffic....minimal foot traffic but not entire area.....just here and there occasionally....I really think we could have done at least 2-3 spots full like a football field, but, partners didn't want to.....)

Mini's the only thing I will do larger plots of......

People don't think of that....(drawing heat to area and fucking it up for everyone else.....) Lot of areas, you have a lot of people working it.....Not fair to everyone else.....but, you know....all people don't have same set of principles...is what it is I guess......(Because LE and people are usually stupid enough to go back to same spots all the time, over and over......People want to try and use same spots...LE assume because was last year, will be this year......)

Yeah man.....I've had a few experiences over the years (many many) where someone fucked it up for everyone.......I tend to take it as an extremely personal matter....(since they essentially picked my fuckin pocket...I don't think I'm that far off either actually...:smoke:)

You know man.....all kinds the world over...what can ya do....

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BreederBrad2 said:
well here is some good luck pics...GoodLuck all
Amen.......

bout 180 days more or less till we're there again :smoke:

(3 gone already by Monday :smoke:....)

I got a lot of work done today myself.....starting to build up more than a few actually.......(too many for right now actually:smoke:......)

Felt good.

Real good :smoke:...

Have a lot on hand right now...might be running some tree's....going to maybe run some extra spots that I haven't recently........couple here, couple there....larger, heavy prep....we'll see.......

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Regarding water......rainfall..........

Have been discussing quite a bit with people lately these issues, no maintenance, people's rainfalls, what is required and what is not......etc.......

Some have 0 rainfall.....some have moderate..low.........some have heavy......

Good hole and some crystals and minimal rainfall still might be enough to do no maintenance.....

I see about 3-4" (or so it says......each season different and take that with a grain of salt...).......so...I wouldn't see why with good hole and crystals one could not get away with as little as maybe 2" or so...2.5" as adequate, and, again, when you get them in and hole being most important...ie: If decent hole, before a heavy rain........they're good to go.....will grab...penetrate, and automatically have roots a little deeper hitting lower levels.....

People should remember when digging......might be 90 degrees.....might be dry.......2 feet down, your going to have 50 degrees and some moisture still there.....farther you get from surface, greater difference from surface conditions it will be. It's a big difference and something most don't think about,....(I've showed this to partners lot of time while digging.....)

Point being I think a lot can do a lot more than they initially believe....(some can't...but many can......)

Can also stagger according to your season's rainfall....some get heavier different times, etc.....

(Last year lot of people early on had somewhat of a drought....and, as earlier......I had bunch of plots, all crystals.....the one plot that got none because I ran out friend to a crisp quick, the others were fine, made it right through...no problems....that was almost a month without rain I think.....3 weeks?....fairly sunnier and warm?...

Could they have used more?....absolutely....but, trade off was no work, no visits and reduced risk because not hauling anything to spots during that time.....

Yes i've been searching every where for an auger that has a 4-6 inch bit so i can go at least a foot deeper,i would sure like to do a 4 foot deep hole that was only 4" and still use no more then 5 gal dirt per hole with some crystals around here I doubt they would need any maintenance.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BritishColumbia said:
Yes i've been searching every where for an auger that has a 4-6 inch bit so i can go at least a foot deeper,i would sure like to do a 4 foot deep hole that was only 4" and still use no more then 5 gal dirt per hole with some crystals around here I doubt they would need any maintenance.
I'm sorry man, ya lost me somewhere in there :biglaugh:....

You want a 4' x 4" instead of a 3' a 4"?.......(I think ya lost me on the 4' x 4" x 5 gallons...)

Lot of people like smaller because lighter, and, smaller will of course cut through easier and quicker than larger, but, I wouldn't go less than 8"...(almost bought 8" originally because place I was at didn't have the 12" ers, so, we had to get unit one place, bit another place, etc...

Good hole, crystals and half way decent rain and definitely no maintenance fairly simple.....(I add dry mix to hole, then do a wide top feed also.....hit with flowering little later...all depends..sometimes have to hit again with veg mix....all depends on specifics (heavy feeder, light feeder, size, etc, etc.....larger they get, more they eat of course....)

Lot of people confuse "effort" with "maintenance".....:smoke: ("maintenance" essentially for me just means watering, manually or irrigation.....everything else falls in line with any other...hole, prep, feeding, maybe trimming, maybe spraying (pests,etc).....

I think anyone who goes from manual to auger is in for a fairly pleasant surprise.....(Don't expect it to be easy.......it's just much easiER....:smoke:..Key is (as far as noise) to just kick out as many as possible in as short an amount of time as possible, can go back later and prep and plant........if people to help, much easier also....(assembly line approach..large number very quick)....But....ease depends on what kind of soil your working with...(I've hit hard spots....just move couple feet over if the general area is good....)

Last edited:
I mean instead of doing a 8" diameter holes that's 2 feet deep do a 4" diameter hole that 4 feet deep,the deeper the less water they need so it only makes sense,im going to try it our this year with a couple plants and see what happens,compare it to my other holes.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BritishColumbia said:
I mean instead of doing a 8" diameter holes that's 2 feet deep do a 4" diameter hole that 4 feet deep,the deeper the less water they need so it only makes sense,im going to try it our this year with a couple plants and see what happens,compare it to my other holes.
I gotcha....I kind of do something like that when I do no holes...(stick something down in center making a small hole much deeper in middle for tap and water, etc.....)

Well, what I use are 3'.....so......an 8" by 3' is not a bad hole at all...ya know? (considering it takes you about 15 seconds :smoke: (literally......15-20 seconds....)....don't forget also if working with good soil it will penetrate beyond what you dig.......work into and penetrate beyond hole into surrounding hole....so..initial hole is merely a little jumpstart and help :smoke:

You'll probably go beyond a couple just cause so quick and easy :smoke:...ie: You'll do 5-10....then, be done in like....10 minutes and then start to calculate how many extra clones you can do in how quick a time period, etc, etc :smoke:....

Yeah...they'll penetrate beyond 3' if your doing 3' hole......point is initially with good rain water they will hit 3' to start....(I have pics before....roots already a foot or more when I put em out....so....they penetrate pretty fast.....(which is what you want to enable less watering/issues, etc

marto

Hi Julian, gotta Q for ya. Youve been talking recently about doing "trees". How do you define that? Seems like anything you plant before june will be a monster weather city or guerilla. Just curious as far as spacing, prep, season, yield per plant, strain, etc etc......also safety factor relative to city. Thanks bud. You really ARE the man!!

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
marto said:
Youve been talking recently about doing "trees". How do you define that? Seems like anything you plant before june will be a monster weather city or guerilla. Just curious as far as spacing, prep, season, yield per plant, strain, etc etc......also safety factor relative to city. Thanks bud. You really ARE the man!!
Nah, your the man. It's your world, I'm just tryin to live there... :smoke:

Early last projects for example I put em out in 1' x 3' hole, bout 6" like earlier, not yet topped...lot last year didn't get topped either....

"Tree" to me is would drill 4 (so 2' x 2' x 3' deep), maybe bring in soil mix , 2'+/- bush, already topped, as early as possible (as opposed to above). 3-4 years ago I did White Russian out....think those came from another project so those went out May 1st at like 3'-4'......(I think that was that one, and that year).....Those were true fuckin giants....

Right now things around are all private crosses....(others, not mine. I had the one spot last year for stock, but, lost it....)

Early I do em pretty far apart because large ones could be 8 x 8 footprints....so....

City I only do mid and late...never early...can't.....

Contemplating doing some other spots this year haven't in many years...(out of necessity......larger spot I have this year, new one won't enable volume....so...this year, if I want to pull serious weight, going to have to use every single possible spot to it's max.....)

Depends man...really not sure.....at this point in time (end of March)...may very well just hold onto some things since early still, and, by then or so have some nice large moms and do clone runs....

Not exactly sure what I'm doin, but, have a lot on hand right now and if I don't do anything with em, they're going to start gettin pretty big by May 1st.....(I don't even have stock/orders on hand right now either........) Have rounds for indoor too also behind schedule...wanted to do hit and runs real quick to have things onhand by start of season.....

Whatever man....my whole thing is a fuckin mess right now.....I do that a lot...(comes down to line and I have to hustle and do it all quick......)

Large local far spot I have still have to walk the land when gets nice weather......right now planning mid and lates, but, might bring a round or two when we walk it :smoke:.......who knows where it will end up......maybe some here (early), some there (mid) lot there )late), then do all other spots early, then city mid and late......

Don't know man....all I know is have lot of spots....and, have a lot ready now....so....soon going to be pretty large and not good actually (if too large, take more space, less can be transported at a time, etc, etc......now I have a lot already in the 5" ers....(peat pots), so....already topped.....

Have to make decisions to run a couple things or hold em back (and them maybe plant half out, then shave down other half, skip in's.....)

Whatever......just thinking about it confusen me :biglaugh:...(going to do some more transplants later tonight at another spot also.....)

Last edited:

GroBoy2000

I don't have any good solid tree spots that I'd feel it worth while to take an auger in, despite being very close to some dirtbikes (noise), still too close to homes, good news is a spot that cant take 10 trees can take 100 minis, so seed run is underway

My miralce grow LUIs outperformed the coco LUIs like nothing, so, will keep those, and am germing another round now, not sure if i will place out for trees, only a few(of course have spots suitable for 2-3) or will keep for more seeds. Trying to make sure get more than 2000 seeds, but only flowering with a 400w, so, will be tight, will see what happens, (clones, seeds, clones, seeds, ya know, seeds sounded better, but not sure I want to be flowering in house)

Oh and the StrawD x Hashplant freebies are outperforming them all

Last edited:
Julian said:
See, I don't really use anything unless doing a new area....(which is fairly often sometimes), but, my basic areas I use all the time...of course, we all know fairly well (weather wise)....if over 100 miles away....I usually search out the things I need....even if I think I know, still like to confirm, and, in the process, might come across things here and there that I didn't know...

(Depends...some regions, 100 miles can be night and day...for me....same for about 2-300 miles or so.....give or take...maybe a week or so here and there for frosts, etc.....depends also if talking 300 miles straight due north/south, or just east-west....of course...)

Always nice for your thoughts and input; It is "War" not violent on our part but most defiantly on the other side. I take it very very serious. My Question is 100 plus miles, how might be the best way to move plants that far? Huge Risk, nothing in the ground, very little monetary value but large penalties, this in my opinion is one of the Largest Risk. Tuck your Balls and hope to see your loved ones again. Very Difficult decision to absorb. Warfare, the beginning of...Large leap, so split it up below Federal numbers (100) or reduce trips and for better lack of terms "Go Big" and get err done!

Peace Man :rasta:

buzzy

you sound like a man on a major mission this year jules... This season is gonna be AWESOME. Got about 50 AF's germing as a little early experiment right now, then it's onto the big guns...

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GroBoy2000 said:
I don't have any good solid tree spots that I'd feel it worth while to take an auger in, despite being very close to some dirtbikes (noise), still too close to homes, good news is a spot that cant take 10 trees can take 100 minis, so seed run is underway
Eh, you know man......spot dictates the method :smoke:....great sun?....could be 50-100 z's right there.... (ie: Could be......patch like that I would call literally 0....gravy......and see what comes, keep expectations in line..(of course ridiculous to expect 0....sure you know what I mean though.....)
My miralce grow LUIs outperformed the coco LUIs like nothing, so, will keep those, and am germing another round now, not sure if i will place out for trees, only a few(of course have spots suitable for 2-3) or will keep for more seeds. Trying to make sure get more than 2000 seeds, but only flowering with a 400w, so, will be tight, will see what happens, (clones, seeds, clones, seeds, ya know, seeds sounded better, but not sure I want to be flowering in house)
can't go wrong with 2,000 LUI :smoke:.....go for fems man...(2,000 LUI fem?.......sheeeeeeeeeeeeeT...... :smoke:)
Oh and the StrawD x Hashplant freebies are outperforming them all
Also sounds nice.........sounds interesting actually....never did get to do the StD...maybe this year....

indicapimp said:
Always nice for your thoughts and input; It is "War" not violent on our part but most defiantly on the other side. I take it very very serious. My Question is 100 plus miles, how might be the best way to move plants that far? Huge Risk, nothing in the ground, very little monetary value but large penalties, this in my opinion is one of the Largest Risk. Tuck your Balls and hope to see your loved ones again. Very Difficult decision to absorb. Warfare, the beginning of...Large leap, so split it up below Federal numbers (100) or reduce trips and for better lack of terms "Go Big" and get err done!
Well, I do what I gotta do....ya know?........I've done trips with as many as probably......I dunno.....1,200 at a time?........you run volume, what are you going to do....100 or less at a time?........can't be done.......(well, if one doing like 1,000 or something through course of entire season could do 75 here,90 there, 60 here, etc.......but...you know......)

I'm not a kid though and don't drive a 75' pinto missing a quarter panel, so.....all works out fine...(sometimes for things like that will wear suit and bring paperwork with......etc....change on site in field, etc.......could get in car right now, drive cross country and back twice and, profiling aside, not get pulled over once.......)

(Worth mentioning on that note, almost every state has now the "Move Over" law........ie: cop or other vehicle stopped on side, traffic stop, etc, it is the law to move to farther lane, and, if not possible to move, slow down substantially........)

You do what you have to do.......(My city runs I walk down street with 100 in wal mart bags :biglaugh:...once had cops pull up next to me and jump out running :biglaugh:.......ie: They were going to call in building I was walking by....scared the fuckin shit out of me :biglaugh:..........in a funny sort of way....

It is what it is man........gotta do what ya gotta do...ya know?.....

buzzy said:
you sound like a man on a major mission this year jules... This season is gonna be AWESOME. Got about 50 AF's germing as a little early experiment right now, then it's onto the big guns...
Actually......my obsession this year due to fact already very disappointed in partners......(well, one or two).........Not going to get done the way I want if relying on them, so....short the larger spot and marginal partner, so.....

Doing majority myself so far........not pleased to say the least,........(We'll get to that come harvest I suppose.......)

Frankly, could toss them right now, fuck new medium spot, do all others myself.....or, could also flip down everything now......and then run mid/late rounds myself.......whatever.....we'll see.......I'm very moody lately :biglaugh:......

You going to leave a couple males in for a little extra stock? :smoke:....(I really wanted to get an AF fem run and another fem run done by now....everything turning into a mess...(just cause not focusing as much as I should......I get like that....lotta things on my mind, different things to do, address, etc.....ops right now not high on that list (because I can do 100 different things with everything, so.....not a priority...things underway that's good enough right now....plenty of time to sort out all details....(month at least).....in the meantime everything is going.....so.....will all work out no matter what I want to do....(only problem is if I do the larger ones alone, limited to what I can carry myself....have a lot going now in larger pots than I usually do....2-3 times the space, 3-4 times the weight/bulk, etc......small I can carry anywhere from 30-100 at a time...large, maybe bet I can do is 10.....(will be in a pic below.....)

On a different note regarding the above (germing close under 1k's....) Couple examples, I think about 9 days or so..... (and I think smaller one in that one is flouro of same age for comparison....I tossed and mixed all in same trays recently....) Another shot for an example. Was over at one place doing some stuff and remembered talking about that, so, figured would take a shot...(was almost done, lucky I did.....)

Last edited:

tokinjoe

Dude you should change your name and write a freakin book...Awesome thread my brother. As an outdoor commercial grower, I'm in awe of the shit I'm reading here. Thanks for carrying the torch here my friend. Fucking awesome.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm truly humbled........very kind of you to say......

Just doin what I do man.........(literally.......just working and talking :biglaugh:....)

How I spend most of my days :biglaugh:......always lecturing someone on something :biglaugh:.....

Very kind of you to say..

buzzy

Julian said:
You going to leave a couple males in for a little extra stock? :smoke:....(I really wanted to get an AF fem run and another fem run done by now....everything turning into a mess...
yeah, tell me about mess man, partner and I weren't exceptionally realistic with our timescales (also some things taking a lot longer than we were informed they would).

We're not leaving males in any of these ones, as we're also doing an AF fem seed run at another location, indoor, using colloidal silver... We'll see how it goes...

On the partner note, I'm very much of the 'if you want something done properly...' school, which probably doesn't do me any favours, but like you say, see come harvest :joint:

take it easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts