What's new

MASSIVE OUTDOOR GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks to all btw.......Wire discussions here and there and no one posted any spoilers :smoke:...(Cause lot of people haven't even watched 5 because still getting through 1-4.....) I'll always tell if asked and pressed, but, don't like to hit people with spoilers when they shouldn't have them :smoke:.....

Yep, countdown now...getting settled in......Breaking Bad (E5?), then current Wire (new this week), then last ondemand if it's on.......)

Not too anxious....actually found myself last week in no hurry to start it :biglaugh:....was doing other things, caught up on other stuff.....was about 1.5-2hrs that it was available before I finally set up to watch it...(roll one, food, drink, smokes, check, etc :biglaugh:.....)

kbn727

Counting down myself.
Been hooked since the beginning. Was rehabbing houses in Baltimore when the show first came on and let me tell you they sure nailed Baltimore, and every other post industrial urban landscape.
Met Simon, misc cast, and crew over the years here in Smalltimore. This year a lot of the journalist extras are real Baltimore authors.

Hope they throw it up on demand tonight. What an epic work- best I've ever seen.

Baltimore new slogan goes great with this thread "Get in on it"

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Breaking Bad" has been helping my Wire withdrawl symptoms.....every episode I see I like it that much more.......actually turning into a very serious show....not that series fluff bullshit...(similar to Wire......) I'm really impressed and glad I started watching it......fuckin awesome show.....

Everything about the Wire is almost real/close as you can get.......trying to list aspects how it is always a never ending subject.....

V

vod

I think 2 women working together is an unstoppable and very dangerous force with absolutely no limits

so do I.

I think a single mother is even better a potential partner than a family men.

I was thinking about this two particular single mothers i know and talked to yesterday, when I wrote it but I was under the influence of some kind herb that made the world seem almost like paradise (no humans just angels ;) ).
After having thought about it for some 24 hours I take back that statement. Would rather do an op with my childhood friends (boys) than any woman i know.
I do not trust this girls. They got their shit together, they are smart and they will be successful as they have the perfect conditions for a 30m2 indoor op, but there is simply no place for me in their plan. I would end up being used I'm afraid. (although i'm not sure how I could help them further - I gave them some equipment that I wanted to get rid off and a machbox full of seeds wanting nothing in return. decided not to get involved further although i'd love to put a t*haze x skunk#1 in their basement that i have no room for).

will see how it unfolds. but I definitely don't want to be their partner (nor have sex with them :D i'm a family man you know)

what i think i actually wanted to say in my previews post is that i think two single mothers can be a hell of a successful team. and they do have a green thumb :D

just as Julian said:
I think 2 women together can't lose any way you slice it .....if one must be associated in some cases for one reason or another, necessity?, well, than the option is just to limit ones knowledge and exposure in the first place......

Woman with kid = do anything to stay out of jail. She gets pulled over and gets simple possession she will snitch out the entire operation to avoid even a 30 day suspended.

True that they wouldn't move a finger to save my ass, not to mention putting they children in harms way, but we are not in America ;) Almost no chance of them ending up in jail even getting busted with a kilo or two or 50 plants in the basement (and both of this things extremely unlikely due to them being smart girls and having the perfect location and stealth plus a safe way of getting rid of the product.)

And yes, I do speak of European women.
In fact the women I know tend to have much more of that aggressiveness in life, the extreme focus and hard edge than the men I know. Just really determined to achieve stuff. The guys are all pretty chilled out (even if they are hard working, very focused and successful) while most of the women are dead serious about life :/

Last edited:
V

vod

Everything about the Wire is almost real/close as you can get.......trying to list aspects how it is always a never ending subject.....

This is why I love The Wire. In the Wire things work like you see them work in real life and not like the bullshit we get usually fed by the media.

Hey Julian great thread,just want to know if you have had experience in commercial indoors and if so how would you compare it to outdoors for instance investment,build/prep,time,pros/cons,profit,risk ext....just want to know if you have always done outdoors or have you had success with indoors as well.Thanks and good luck this season

HOVAH

i think you can put all this shit in a book, and it would be a #1 bestseller man....
" The Art of Mass Growing & Personal growth " by Julian
Q. I saw a spot under powerlines in near a lake, is this a good spot to put 500 in.TY

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BritishColumbia said:
Hey Julian great thread,just want to know if you have had experience in commercial indoors and if so how would you compare it to outdoors for instance investment,build/prep,time,pros/cons,profit,risk ext....just want to know if you have always done outdoors or have you had success with indoors as well.Thanks and good luck this season
Well thanks man. In first post and throughout thread.

Lot of people have lot of opinions (read opinions), but, dollar for dollar outdoor is where it's at. Reduced risk, reduced exposure, less cost. (Lot depends on region of course...)

Depending on how you run it, a late season hit and run could equal the yield of 12 months at a fixed location, with observers, drawing power, with your name attached to it, so...I mean, it's obvious to me (years ago.....)

When you start to get larger, the indoor production equivalent would equal an operation most not able to run.

All depends on specifics though.......too many variables. Indoor locations also more limited (longevity) than out. Good spot(s)/locations outdoors?,could use for many years, on and off, indoor?, can't expect that kind of longevity.

Apples and oranges unless talking dollar for dollar and then easy to figure out for ones own specific situation. For me and mine?, outdoor way to go.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HOVAH said:
i think you can put all this shit in a book, and it would be a #1 bestseller man....
" The Art of Mass Growing & Personal growth " by Julian
Thanks man........I think of it less as people have an interest in what I have to say, more than I say what I want to say when I feel the need.....:biglaugh: :smoke:, ya know?
Q. I saw a spot under powerlines in near a lake, is this a good spot to put 500 in.TY
Only you know...........

Lot of people might say avoid due to possible servicing and repairs by crews (which might very well be valid of course.....)

Lot of people might address the environmental aspects of power lines affecting plants and growth (which I know may apply....but, can't quote any specific scientific results this second...I've never paid attention to be honest....they say the same about people and homes near power lines....etc)

Only you know your area, and the spots. All lies in do you think you can bring em in and will be safe for that time. (May very well be...or not......)

(Again, don't get wrapped up in "Will another human being ever observe this spot"....it's not about that.....it's about "Will another human being observe this spot in the short time frame I will be using it"....:smoke: You don't need a spot where another person will never step if you only need it for 2-3-4 months, etc....)

Regarding access....one could observe where access and traffic might lie.....where work may take place, etc, and, spots still might work even if crews in their working...

Frankly......my wheels are spinning a little about such a spot I know.....borders are fenced, wooded, then opens up to field and towers lie in middle of field...(borders maybe 20-50ft, field maybe 400' wide......about several miles long.......strikes me immediately as a possible candidate for a large amount of small ones planted along treelines......

You have to remember a lot of those areas might also have civilian traffic....people walking dogs, kids going to school, etc....(which process of elimination would state would occur somewhere in the open, as compared to along treeline.......

I think I'm going to take a ride tomorrow :smoke:.....

Only you know your spot(s) though.....and neighborhoods....and locations....activity...etc........I can point out angles, but, have never been there, ya know?.......local carries a lot of weight.........you see things on any given day which might speak volumes..........(one could even do that spot if living a block away.........no maintenance would be best...always is./......or, limited maintenance.....could go heavier crystals...could get water in there with night runs.....lot of angles, but.......you know....you do what you can, where you can, when you can, etc........Could pull couple thousand small ones out of such a location successfully...or, could have 5 and get them spotted.....all about the details.....

See........growing...(outdoors...)....a lot of it comes down to x factor issues.........

I've had problems with spots that for years were 100% untouched....years upon years......then, one day.....something or another happens...(same as in that way.......can do for years, one day....etc, etc.....)

You try and reduce the possibilities and odds by analysis of situation and location.....the more potential angles you see, the better one can make the decision......

Based upon what I know and have done?...I cam come up with 100 metro spots on any given day/week....not a problem.....I'm looking for spots that I can get in and out and done....not set up a camp and live there and not be disturbed :smoke: The later one goes and the smaller they are the better off it is and the greater the chances can get it done....

In the end though.......any given spot (I was going to say unless extremely remote, but, still applies there also, just less risk) has the risk of being discovered tomorrow.......right at harvest, etc.....nothing 100% certain.....but...95% works :smoke:... (my comfort level is pretty high....."50/50" is usually not good enough for me to lay my ass on the line.......60/40?...well, a little more comfortable because we're leaning on safer side as compared to in the middle......70%?......sounds better....80%?.....I start to get a smile.......:smoke:.....

Lot of people have a lot to say about such spots, but, having done them extensively....I've seen first hand almost anything is possible anywhere and most of the time if one does the mental math.....they turn out well....:smoke:...

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saw something of interest applicable to recent topics touched on:

“A ship in harbor is safe — but that is not what ships are for.”

Really "moved" me....

buzzy

Julian said:
Now name the women.......:smoke:

I don't really see anything that illustrates the point more than that........

:smoke:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffragette

I'm sure you've heard of the suffragettes, they threw themselves in front of race horses for the right to vote, for instance...

I agree with a lot of your points, but I think it's mainly social circumstance that dictates the female role.

However, I've never met a woman that I trusted 100%, and one's I have trusted, have always betrayed that trust somehow...

Men are from mars, etc... haha...

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To clarify:
I could readily state many women throughout history.

My point was not that none at all could be named (that's silly), and , don't think I stated or insinuated such.

My point was merely if asked to name the men, we very well might be here same time next year with still no shortage....

Wheras with women, we might start out fairly strong.......but, within couple hours be scratching heads saying..."Hmmmmmmm...who else"? :smoke:....

There have been more than quite a few women throughout history who have sacrificed their lives for what they believe.......but, statistically, compared to men, I think it would be, in the end, 1,000 or more to 1....

I would certainly apologize if came off as otherwise....it was merely "Name the men, now name the women"......Men, thousands upon thousands upon thousands readily come to mind (readily...)...women?.....maybe 100 come to mind initially, etc....

Edit: And I am not saying there is necessarily anything wrong with that either.....We both have different prominent characteristics....different roles in life......that is not opinion...merely a fact of every day life since history has begun......

It's merely chocolate cake :smoke:...

It is what it is....

I've dared to share those statements many times with women in real life, and, while they immediate take it as "opinions", and want to "argue the point"....I don't think I've stated any "opinion"....just facts about life........historical facts.......

My "opinion" is based on those :smoke:...

If one was to reverse it and simplify it for an offended woman, one could simply use the arguments that all human beings have a sense of survival, but, since women are smarter, they tend to choose to be wise instead of get fired up about principle and die as a result of it :biglaugh:....to which most women would agree...(ie: They ignore everything else and focus on the statement "They're smarter" :smoke:....)

People :biglaugh:

I just call em as I see em....

Men are from Mars, Women from Venus is actually a book every man on earth should read, and, it's fairly enjoyable also.:smoke:

I adore women, and, almost everything about them :smoke:, but, that does not mean for a moment that I lose all logic and reason regarding them......

I love chocolate cake too :smoke:.........but.......

:smoke:

Everything merely is as it is, despite anyone wishing or wanting things to be otherwise....

Last edited:

HOVAH

I agree with Buzzy...... and also what you said be4, they dont live by the same codes or words we ( Men ) do.... But its not their fault and it never will be so women shouldnt that it personally......True story; I said something to the police about anyother area of town, not to as a Rat, but because i thought i was being harrassed by Police in my yard, quote" They do that stuff over there not here, so leave me the f@ck alone", well that got back to the crew that ran that spot, i dont know how, maybe the police told em maybe cause they do that type of shit,....to make along story short, they Jumped me but lucky for me i know how to fight...... Men are not allowed to make mistakes, BECAUSE OTHER MEN WILL MAKE YOU PAY IN THIS GAME!
I think if other men knew this rule, they wouldnt hurt so much , when your girl friend leaves you, when a women doesnt wanna talk to you, when she gets angry for nothing at all, when she f*cks another man, THEY DONT KNOW THEYRE BRAKING THE CODES OF MANHOOD, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT MEN! t.y.

p.s. im luv chocolate too... Arbys has those chocolate turnovers and i bought 4, eat 2 in the car and saved 2 for 2morrow

GroBoy2000

Hmm, enjoyed the quote, is that more I Ching? definately sounds like the wording. Havent delved into it nearly as much as wanted to, just picking up some books again now, and some project related books currently

Im finding plenty, and I mean a ton of city space (yall keep up with community news too please, crossing a lot out b/c of developments planned)
but I'm having trouble seeing myself in and out.

I saw you mentioned to get harvest out, doing a coordinated pickup, ever do this for planting? ie, drop me off at point A, pick me back up at point C in 2 hours (point B being plants somewhere in-between). Like I said, I see plenty of land, but down here, a little less metro, less places to park and walk off, though I did specifally scout good places that would cover parking and walking off full handed,

Of course would be different partner than questionable one into colors, hes done, I'm tied into with him just a bit, and its no major loss if I cut that out completely, guy just doesnt even get it, cant give up the colors,
and using what had been said as an example, (he was 'I dont see how its more of a risk') I said man, if you had your daughter living with you, would you be out doing that? of course we know what the fucking answer was, so i tried to explain to him, no good, I tell him, you wouldnt have been leaving me fucked up messages if you werent fucked up.

Dude doesnt get it at all, I had mistaken his commitment, and therefore I'm at a loss on my spring experiment, (of course I saved some of the clones for myself, so I might still learn enough to make it worth while) I also believe that its only appropriate to slip a little info, never enough to place you into a corner

I also think anyopne considering a partner should get creative and come up with simple tests, can they do simple favors, do they pay you back lent money without you having to ask, simple shit that tells you who they are to you, who you are to them,

I could have gotten the point accross to him better by taking the plants somewhere else, but wasnt in a good position, no holes ready, to little time,

oh well, we'll see what happens, if he hasnt already killed them, (was just planned really bad, dirt wasnt in holes, he didnt actually know what was going on, who was coming/going, didnt tell me he was off that day, even though he knew we were late and I wanted to go that weekend, all in the fucking dope I swear), all b/c i tried to rely on someone who couldnt even get a fucking weather report for me

I also took note of what you said about spots, you never do one unless your certain of the outcome, changes how you look at people/spots some, ie. Im not putting shit in the ground, there/with them unless I KNOW who/what it really is, which I think comes down to always watching, always waiting, for the right place, right time

"If however, the general is kindhearted, but cannot make his commands felt, then his soldiers can be likened to spoilt children, and considered useless"

not an exact quote, but from the Art of war,

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HOVAH said:
But its not their fault and it never will be so women shouldnt that it personally......

...... Men are not allowed to make mistakes, BECAUSE OTHER MEN WILL MAKE YOU PAY IN THIS GAME!

THEY DONT KNOW THEYRE BRAKING THE CODES OF MANHOOD, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT MEN! t.y.

p.s. im luv chocolate too... Arbys has those chocolate turnovers and i bought 4, eat 2 in the car and saved 2 for 2morrow
People are people......both have desirable/noble qualities, and both have less attractive qualities, and, same can be said of same sex comparisons when life experiences altered and different...

Things are always just as they are....no difference....(I forgot my rose colored glasses somewhere once and haven't been able to find them since:smoke:....)

Chocolate was just a funny analogy (I do like it though, so, maybe applicable anyway :biglaugh:)

I like Arby's commercials (with Levy the attorney from The Wire :biglaugh:)

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GroBoy2000 said:
Hmm, enjoyed the quote, is that more I Ching? definately sounds like the wording.
I have no idea of source......saw it somewhere in passing.
I saw you mentioned to get harvest out, doing a coordinated pickup, ever do this for planting? ie, drop me off at point A, pick me back up at point C in 2 hours (point B being plants somewhere in-between).
Addressed earlier in thread. Sometimes, but, most of the time no. My own things other peoples participation is usually extremely limited. Their my own. (Indoors, strictly wiring and set up issues have help....city and my own outs?....nah, 100% my own and alone...lot of smaller ops I partner with people who have spot(in or out) and want to do it and don't know how, and, larger outs is usually partner with landowner and people of my own if needed for other things.....) Each situation different, all depends.....My one guy sometimes with my own, but, I can pretty much do it all myself for the most part, regardless of numbers...

All depends..harvest a little different because risk reduced 99%....so...(They didn't know anything until time of cut....)
I also think anyopne considering a partner should get creative and come up with simple tests, can they do simple favors, do they pay you back lent money without you having to ask, simple shit that tells you who they are to you, who you are to them,
As above......smallest things tell you who someone is.....I test people all day long..........they don't know what is casual and what is a test, and, occasionally :smoke:, one will start to pick up the how and why and actually understand things a little better and use it himself :smoke:....
"If however, the general is kindhearted, but cannot make his commands felt, then his soldiers can be likened to spoilt children, and considered useless"

not an exact quote, but from the Art of war,
True enough nonetheless..........

Lot of reasons why people do what they do........your guy could be having second thoughts.......you should try and make yourself easier to talk to..(if applicable)...could be 100 different things.......

Hope you get it sorted out.....(did you really need him anyway?......you'd be surprised what a single person can do......:smoke:.....)

General rule of partnerships. They're not necessary unless the sum and total is greater than you could do alone (much greater)...

Guy who pulls 20lbs.......well, unless with a partner he could pull 80lbs....why bother.....(his original 20, plus another 20.....x 2 on a 50/50 split.....)

Anything less than 40 or so he's making less than before......so.....

Lesson: Partner means 400% increase in volume....(more or less...)

If they are not going to increase your volume by 400% why even bother...cause your making the same...

My city spots are all mine.....last season my best performance was 100 mini's in less than an hour planted.....one spot alone I lost was 700 of em......

I believe in partners.......despite all bullshit and potential problems (which are our fault anyway in truth if they occur for not catching symptoms sooner) I still believe they are appropriate if the situation calls for it...

One person can get a lot done, but only to a point...once you hit a certain volume help necessary, and, have to do more to cover it all.....

All depends man......each situation different...different angles to it.......(my preferred is landowner......gives me a spot, I have some help, etc......)

(plus every one I do is different also.....above mentioned op is done and gone....partner gone, spot done.......so.....)

Personally I think people skimp in training...

I have a new partner (not new person) on one of next, and, personally?, I told him read this thread and, will quiz him :smoke:......If he wants to do, read thread.....will be same general approaches, all applies regardless of numbers we do, and spot (same region), so...........read thread....(test afterward, and, when you can snatch this clone from my hand, you will be ready to begin your training:smoke: :biglaugh:)

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Note on above.....

Very fine line between "partners" and "help"......for everyone...

People around just for help sometimes have a problem with their share...even if more than fair.......

Sometimes we all could use a little "help", but not a "partner", but, I think sometimes feel the need to make it the latter..........when not really warranted, just out of feelings of obligation.....

Lot of angles to all that stuff.......have to be firm and clear to start with......

GroBoy2000

Addressed earlier in thread. Sometimes, but, most of the time no. My own things other peoples participation is usually extremely limited. Their my own. (Indoors, strictly wiring and set up issues have help....city and my own outs?....nah, 100% my own and alone..

kinda what i figured, so, for the rest of the 'ins and outs' im on my own, what, where, and how i can, and might do as you do, on last trip out,

and as far as partners, I understand what your saying, trying to put it back on myself, how can I create successful results still, but no and no, hes out pushed it man, I belive if it were you with him, you would have been all over his ass weeks ago, and done days ago, anyway, and as said, really doesnt contribute much, but a spot is a spot, think it may have left me to lazy to scope my own unfortunately, only started really getting out in last few weeks,

so, for myself, on the hunt for good spots, gotta find spots before buying new stock, and actually, from what you say, I think I could do very well on my own if i had spots i felt good about, and will leave partners out until necessary, maybe picking up 'help' for pulling it all in

(really, the plan I ran down earlier, dont see how it would require much help once I found spots)

Tactik

wow. finally finished this thread... only took me about two weeks off and on... It was only 82 pages when I started :haha:

Did you post something similar to this on OG about 5 or 6 years ago? I distinctly, now, remember reading about minis back when I was 15 or 16, and am now wondering if that was you, or just someone else.

I'm sure you're familiar with the concept of Satori in Zen Buddhism; the sudden burst of enlightenment and awareness, where you mind shifts ever-so-slightly and your perspective changes and you view the world around you with new eyes. I feel like reading this thread has forced that down my throat :biglaugh:

Seriously, thank you for the inspiration. It's amazing man, and applicable to all walks of life. Now im thinking, if that was you on OG, how I should have taken this all in long, long ago.

Much love :joint:

Status
Not open for further replies.