What's new

MASSIVE OUTDOOR GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tronic

I'd totally be interestd in some more elaboration on the financials too Julian.

Slowly workin my way to pms....

As always, stay safe y valuable

-T

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HOVAH said:
STRAINS? I gonna order Arjan ultra Haze fem., LA confid., Sensi Star, Mazar fem DP, and i might try NYCD Soma, can i get ur blessing/ comments on each?
Well, whatever you want to run as long as you can handle finishing times....

Everyone loves Sensi Star,hands down......I've ran DP Mazar (3-4 seasons ago?),I can't remember it specifically because I ran a lot of other things..(I'm pretty sure that was same season as White Russians, Skywalker, etc, I tried a bunch of things that year....) Haven't run the NYCD or of course any Haze's,and, hear and see nothing but impressive things about the LA Confidential....

You know, strain selection is approached many different ways by many different people......first is always can you (our location) handle it finish wise, and then anything goes....There was a little list of things I don't run because past mold issues, but, every season different and have run them again, so, just different areas (problems in lower areas, but then run in higher, more open areas an no problems, etc...)
also, i wanta use bags 5gallon for one spot cause it in a swamp area, im cheap and dont think 300 bags is worth $250, im thinking cutting some 6mil plastic or helfy bags glueing or using a bag sealing machine to make um can i get ur help on this also?
I'd just buy em, but, for my last spot(s), I would probably just do mounds.....we actually had some fairly wet areas at times, and, loss was minimal..(again, a seasonal thing...sometimes fine, sometimes a little wet/overflow, etc..wish I could have taken some pics of a spot that got swamped out this year.....actually some of the best stuff came from there.....lost about 5% or so...one week we had about 1/2-1' of water at that spot.....plants just stickin out like islands :biglaugh:....dried up/drained off pretty quiick....only lost about 10-20 out of maybe 200 there.....You could also sink them a couple inches down and might cure moisture issues of above ground containers...(ie: they'll grow straight in, minimal root issues (rot) if majority above and aerated, etc.......but, lot's of people define "swamp" in different ways.......to me it's ....swamp :biglaugh:....water.....with depth, etc.....I really don't do much of textbook swamp, so....others would probably be of more help....know a few do...

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GroBoy2000 said:
Yeah, hmm, those stock markets...just got around to checking out some forums and how I'd go about dumping a little money in it IF i did

Obviously an expansive subject to study, anywhere to start besides the one book mentioned?
Nope. Topic usually reserved to ones who have made trades, etc....(Training from square one something I've done, but don';t have the energy to do, plus,l here, would be longer than this thread on that one aspect, so.....)

No. Book recommended, contents, and reason why addressed.
Especially like the travel and invest idea, always a desire of mine, but how one can count on monthly earnings of 6k or more just by moving 25k around?
25k on a margin, day trade status is 100k daily trading power, making 6k a 6% return on available trading power.

January saw quite a few things providing greater than 100% returns in a single month. (meaning 100k in single month from 25k)

Sorry to sound "dry", but, you know, already discussed at length and detail.
I'm onto the whole, massive grow, what you see if what you get (meaning, see a nice 20x20mini plot, where others see nothing, add 10lbs to your harvest)
And obviously, numerous "small" plots added up can become quite substantial.
but I am REALLY getting interested in this perpetual money thing, that doesn't sound greedy does it? How else can I move to a weed friendly country sooner than later? How should I do that AND attend college? No, I dont feel greedy, anyways, ramblings
I have my own views and opinions on "greed", so, I'm wrong person to ask.....

Wanting to accomplish something, and be good at something is not greedy. Wanting to be able to provide for ones family, better oneself is not greedy....I'm of the school that one should do 100 other things before spending on themselves, so....if one wanted to make $___ to benefit themselves while those around them are in need?, well, that's when it crosses the line to me...(I know a guy with about 5MM in cash (not including all equity in properties, just disposable cash in accounts...) while his family and extended family struggle to try to exist.......I consider him the lowest form of life I have ever seen or heard of....What's the point of making and accumulating if not to provide for family?

Anyway, all I'll say on subject because purely opinion no matter who comments...and, we all think we we think.....so.,....

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
frostynugs420 said:
quick question, how do you label your outdoor strains? is there some kind of weatherproof tie on "I.D." badge i could get?

I don't. I merely try to map it all out so only certain things go in certain spots, but, as earlier, doesn't really ever work out that way because then as season progresses, I add more things and might add more things to different spots (ie: wherever they'll fit.....) As earlier...lot of pics can see spots with wide range of sizes in them.....so....I try to :biglaugh:, but, doesn't end up that way, and, not so bad because I know for the most part what's what by sight...(little difficult because most of the time I am always running new strains, but, all I need is a general idea and then am set........ie: Let's say I know I put 50 abc's in one spot.,...and then 200 in a bunch of other spots....and then another 40 of 4 things in the same abc spot with 50.......Well, the majority of that spot will be abc, so, by simple sight know what is the majority, and then can identify at other spots, etc.....

I don't really sell by strain....so, doesn't matter...(and, from seed, your talking a wide range anyway, so.....some people have an interest, and, I can give em an idea, and, many don't know or care so doesn't matter anyway, and, I just price by quality......

Anytime your doing larger numbers (or even smaller) from seed, even in something that is supposed to be uniform, your still going to see some variance from individual to individual....so........do 300 seeds, and, some will be the hardest of the hardest core, some will be disappointing, and many will fall between them....(Plus, all the best I see goes to me for ps :biglaugh:, so....doesn't matter anyway..:biglaugh: (My ps goes anyway eventually....so, really no difference......I walk through and grab best things for myself....(by sight, not by label.....)

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tronic said:
I'd totally be interestd in some more elaboration on the financials too Julian.
Already addressed in depth....
Slowly workin my way to pms....

As always, stay safe y valuable
Thanks, but, I can barely get to PM's from those who are friends...

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Again, my apologies if any responses above are a little dry....in no way, shape, or form annoyed, etc, just kind of a "to the point" kind of day today for me....lot on plate, little busy, etc.......

Addressed what I felt I should and didn't things already previously addressed at length.

marto

Hey Julian, how goes it man.Look forward to hearin about your grow shows this season or at least the parts your willing to share. Hope its a safe and prosperous one. I guess your prep and planning are kicking in to high gear. What are your gut feelins at this point. Are things falling into place concerning seed/clones/strains/moms/locations or is this year seem a tad more challenging than most. I get the feeling that every year you take production up another notch which seems mandatory for all us grow addicts.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
marto said:
Hey Julian, how goes it man.
S'up with you and your corner man?....
Look forward to hearin about your grow shows this season or at least the parts your willing to share. Hope its a safe and prosperous one.
Thanks man, and to you too.....

Well, my things a mess right now...now happy with penalties in new one, big new one slow to go and kind of on hold (I need to make the stock,so, going to be pushed back at least until winter)....little unsure, just letting things unfold, trying to be patient...(not easy....want to do something :smoke:...
I guess your prep and planning are kicking in to high gear. What are your gut feelins at this point. Are things falling into place concerning seed/clones/strains/moms/locations or is this year seem a tad more challenging than most.
Nah, as above man, lot still up in the air (and again), so...just taking it day by day, trying to program myself to enjoy the down time because when ready to go will be back to full force, so......just taking it day by day.......hoping couple other things fall into place in the meantime :smoke:...
I get the feeling that every year you take production up another notch which seems mandatory for all us grow addicts.
Well, no....well, maybe :biglaugh:....you know, always different things available and resources, so, you know, I just do what I can, where I can, when I can, how I can....sometimes that's bigger, sometimes smaller, etc.......recent were not bad.....city always available...I can always find a couple more.....larger come and go.........partnership things up up every now and then......You know man, I just do what's at my disposal.......different spaces also alter any planning....you know, until I know what and where and how, can't really put any firm plans into place (general sure....stock, supplies, etc...but, as far as firm planning....can't.....)

Would really also like to run some serious trees also...haven't done that in a while (large holes, put out large, early, etc....probably at least 4 yrs or so...those WR mentioned about I did that...they went out May about 3 x 3......got pretty big...)

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Operational notes and scheduling:

Everyones situation is of course different, for any number or reasons, but, many aspects regardless of the nuances of any of the above tend to overlap at some point.

So, of course, one will notice I'm kind of flip flopping and all over the place as far as firm plans and dates and locations, and, while sometimes an inconvenience (or dare I say annoying :biglaugh:...) In the end, not a surprise, nothing new and sometimes?...just how it works....

Last season I pretty much had no lead time, went ahead spur of the moment , last minute for the most part, which isn't ideal, but, it is what it is, and, turned out pretty good for the most part, and if I end up doing the same this season?, well, so be it....I'll welcome the extra down time...(will just be a scramble for a couple things I don't have enough of on hand, etc, but, that shouldn't take more than a week to grab all that, and, would veg for probably two, so....set up can be done in a day (while germing things, so, when popped, everything ready to proceed....)

Point being as earlier, about the season, and schedules,etc...

After one gets some runs under their belt, the entire process becomes much less intimidating, and, one acquires a better overview of all aspects, and, is able to do so....(let's throw scenario out for anyone,......your working spot, into season, early , mid season, you come across a new spot........one might think prior to mark it off for next season, but, in reality, your only 2-3 weeks away from planting that spot depending on where one is in the process (stock on hand, mothers going, etc......)

I still might even set up and start on schedule even if I don't have a spot when I set up..., because always somewhere to go.....if something larger not available when they are ready I can keep working on that and just channel that round to city spots....If something comes available, I can channel those and do other runs for city spots,etc, etc.....

Point being to kind of again instill that things change, plans are altered, and , one shouldn't necessarily become too annoyed or frustrated...it is what it is, and, the better one can cope and adjust to changes, the better off they are....

Another scenario (happened to me)...Let's say everything fine, everything on schedule, everything great......you lose plots....(busted, animals, environmental, etc....whatever)......Once again.......does one wrap it up, assume season over, pack it in and plan for next or pick right up and change direction and make up for it with other spots which they may, or may not have?......

(In some ways I like having less lead time......security issues, etc......from security standpoint, I love going from nothing into a spot in 2 weeks....I like that, make me feel safer sometimes....)

You know, we talk about planning for next while planting this one....ie: This May, many will be thinking of next while working :smoke:......well, exact location isn't really as important as most might think........I ran through next season while working last season and won't even be doing same location this season.......still valid......thinking as I worked about all aspects, future plans, things I'd like to do, things I want to change, things I want to run....so, space means little to a degree...all still applicable.....

To those who like to run fewer larger, your lead time changes...so, you add on 2 weeks (making it a month...). Lot of prep can be done fairly quick (mixes can be a couple hours to create, holes can be a weekend depending on what one is doing and has on hand (if drilling, holes nothing....hand can span longer....)etc.....

Point being, flexibility not underrated :smoke:, and, again, once one has several runs under their belts, can feel confident and comfortable in their skills, and, can easily handle issues jumping up out of nowhere, as they always seem to do :biglaugh:....

My own situation?....large has a little delay....too much to do, too much to be done and reality is no way I will be able to hit spring run deadline (plus it's 5,000 miles away, and, I do have a life to get in orer first, which doesn't help)........smaller one I don't like the penalties there, so, have to figure out what I want to do and how I want to do it....City spots?...well, they're always available, but, thinking about dumping them and changing them over to a new set (have done these for a while.......but, last year lost one, so....thinking about picking up some new spots), and, may very well pick up another larger one somewhere I feel comfortable, but, can't rush that, working on it and takes a little time, so....nothing I can do except wait....and, in the end?....well, try and throw them all together into scheduling and make everything come out right...how I want it....most beneficial....most efficient......

Sound like a lot?......well, depending on how one looks at things, and, one handles things it can be, but, again, an overview and good understanding about all aspects doesn't hurt, and, makes it all a hell of a lot easier to come together.....:smoke:

I guess what I'm saying is sometimes, to be the most efficient and effective, it doesn't hurt to just clear your mind....endless details can easily bog ones thoughts down.....but, doesn't have to be that way....(But, I know.......many of us discuss it at the Thursday meetings :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:......)

:smoke:

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All above relating to every aspect of life....even thread....Where has it been?, where is it going?, do I have more to add?, do I have more I want to add?, do I have more I should add :smoke:..Should I continue in another?, do I want to? :smoke:...etc....

I'll ponder all while I roll and blow one :biglaugh:.....

We can talk about it at Thursdays meeting I guess :biglaugh:

I'll bring the brownies.......:biglaugh:

(As I go over overview in mind.....pots, soil, have nutes, lights,trays, germ, accumulate and do holes while germing, 2 weeks ready to go,start more, watch first round, when 2nd goes out, fim first,start 3rd a week before second sceheduled, by third out maybe shave a few for later :biglaugh:, etc, etc, etc......

I wonder if they have Tuesday meetings.......:biglaugh:

Last edited:

marto

Do you do that often: shave early season stuff once they grab and use as stock for later. Probly also a good way to promote branching. And always have stock on hand.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All depends really......I don't shave too early.(long after they grab)..see, really all depends....this year I'm short on stock, so, most likely would, and, depends on what I have also....see, but, again, I might end up running a lot of clones from some things also that I don't have a lot to start with.....(see, it's confusing me just to think about what I'm going to do right now :biglaugh:...too many things up in the air...all depends also how things go once they get rolling......I might also hold a couple back to start with, to stagger rounds......ie: hold back some from first round, by 3rd round can shave those down into a 4th round, by 5th, might be able to shave out for a 6th, etc......Just have to see what I'm doing and where I'm doing it and what's onhand, etc......But, whatever,wherever, for sure going to make a large amount of stock this year, so....I should be good after that for a while....:smoke:

tripples

julian, hoping you keep this thread going, or keep a new one going.. hoping you keep wise about these large ones your thinking of.. when in doubt back out.. hoping youll stay safe this season.. we all still need your guiding hand.. be safe this year bro.. wasnt long ago you were sayin last year was gonna be your last run.. now listen to ya.. :joint:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tripples said:
julian, hoping you keep this thread going, or keep a new one going..
Thanks. We'll see. Nothing off top of my head to add at the moment (or I certainly would have). Lot of things covered, so....
hoping you keep wise about these large ones your thinking of.. when in doubt back out.. hoping youll stay safe this season..
Thanks man. No doubt, just has to be "right", and, have to get what I want.....had some unfortunate developments last day or two regarding that, so........we will see what happens...I'll still try and get some pics up even if doesn't happen....
we all still need your guiding hand.. be safe this year bro.. wasnt long ago you were sayin last year was gonna be your last run.. now listen to ya.. :joint:
Well, last one (last 3 actually) took a lot out of me....and, I did truly feel like I had enough, but, large one is something considered "once in a lifetime", and, not something one can turn their back on....and requires serious contemplation......(fuck......a small percentage actually ever see one, let alone chance to run one..so....something that got me thinking, and,the smaller one starting to be a little uncomfortable regarding penalties, so....not sure what I am going to do with that....

Right now just trying to focus on other things..(business, market), give that a rest for a couple days/week, and will get back to it mentally later....Maybe just a case of too much on mind and tired of "thinking too much" lately....need a mental nap so to speak :smoke:.....

We'll see....smaller one ready to go, no problem, just as above, a little displeased with legal on it..(going to do something anyway...just might change it from a big one to medium/smaller side)...large one?, if I don't get what I want (always more than reasonable) I'm not lifting a finger...would be/is an immense project, and, if I haven't had enough, something like that will surely finally be enough, and, really, after something like that.....what else is there?......My terms are being discussed, were not readily agreed to, and I don't like it, and am offended. (I don't like selfish people.......rubs me the wrong way and pisses me off to no end......) I could have asked for 300% more than I did and would still be reasonable. (it's the up front angle that's the problem......I'm not lifting a finger, I'm not going anywhere unless I see a nice package up front....(in addition to expenses and back end...the entire package coming out in the end to still more than fair and a small request....ie: I'm not going to reach into my pocket at all, and don't think I should have to considering their resources...)

Anyway...thanks, kind of you to say...

Last edited:

tripples

well i have no idea on any of your details.. but if these people "need" you to run the show.. what would make ya think they have it all together.. sounds like your having doubts, issues with whats going to whos pocket, etc.. all you gotta ask yourself, is it worth the rest of your lifetime, in a foreign prison.. do you trust these people? have you worked with them? what happens in the end, when its all over and they lock the door and say "now yous cant leave!!" whats the pay off? something that youve prolly already got bank'd.. seems as tho youve already proved your vast knowledge.. so nothing to prove here.. seems as tho youve been pushing your luck hard for years bro... if your gonna run em, stick with what you KNOW works for ya.. all i gotta say is you got negative vibes just radiating outta ya about this one.. theyre pouring outta you man.. but as always its your life.. so run with em if you want.. ;]

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tripples said:
well i have no idea on any of your details.. but if these people "need" you to run the show.. what would make ya think they have it all together..
They don't "need" anything....they are doing quite well, just not anywhere near potential in 100 ways. (ie: One of those cases where many could walk through and pick things out to change all day which would directly impact yield and quality, and, therefore, price, which all affect the bottom line....)
sounds like your having doubts, issues with whats going to whos pocket, etc..
Not doubts, but, as earlier, all details should be addressed and all arrangements clearly defined. Avoids misunderstandings. I believe in being thorough. Actually, only one thing has not been agreed upon for the most part, which is my fault, and, in some ways, yes, it might be unreasonable, but, it's what I want.
all you gotta ask yourself, is it worth the rest of your lifetime, in a foreign prison.. do you trust these people? have you worked with them?
Have worked extensively for quite a while.

Legal issues non existent and not a concern. (More concerned about smaller local one than that one which is literally, possibly 1,000 times larger.) 1,000 times larger not an exaggeration for the most part.
what happens in the end, when its all over and they lock the door and say "now yous cant leave!!" whats the pay off? something that youve prolly already got bank'd..
Not a concern. Not places or situations I am a stranger to, nor uncomfortable with.

:biglaugh:......Nah, wrong scenario for that......:smoke:...There's a lot I never post and mention :smoke:.....I'm not a pushover, and, don't stand alone...:smoke:.....we'll leave it at that :biglaugh:

They know better.

I try not to initiate any potential problems......but reaction to them is when things go a little over the top....but, this is not really a topic which should be discussed publicly for many reasons.....(what would happen, blah,blah,blah.......but, when wronged, without provocation, I don't believe in an eye for an eye.....I believe in 1,000 eyes for one....)

No one involved are strangers to the others. We all know where each others families live.
seems as tho youve already proved your vast knowledge.. so nothing to prove here..
Kind of you to say...

Here?......There is no end to having to "prove" yourself......ever....it's not only ridiculous, but also a little tiring. Sometimes even annoying....

But I digress.....
seems as tho youve been pushing your luck hard for years bro... if your gonna run em, stick with what you KNOW works for ya.. all i gotta say is you got negative vibes just radiating outta ya about this one.. theyre pouring outta you man.. but as always its your life.. so run with em if you want.. ;]
Nah.....no negatives.....just firm on some details. Actually, overall "feels" very good for the most part. For every 10 agreements without hesitation, there is 1 minor disagreement. Majority of hold up is due to one of my requests, which is actually, in some ways, is an unreasonable request (which is how it's done....you want 5, you ask for 20 and work your way to what you originally wanted in the first place.)

Much better than it sounds. Just not giving specifics to some things for various, understandable, reasons. (Many do know specifics.....statement is in regard to what is shared publicly. 10x more shared privately than in thread.)

Thanks for concern, but, nowhere near out of my element or depth.....just a little more work than I'm used to, which might be covered due to crew size, and, a little too much on plate lately...

Nah, I'm good, and, it'll get done.I'm probably just being a little difficult.

Only one issue unresolved, but, in whole scheme of things a minor one and should be cleared up next time in a 5 minute face to face. There are few things which cannot be solved between 2, reasonable, rational people.

All above applies to any situation and partnerships....(No one should ever do business with someone who isn't reasonable, rational in the first place.....no principles...no honor.......If none of those things present, I wouldn't have given it a second though in the first place...)

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am going to be running of town to take care of a couple things..might have something to add when back, might not. (could be either today, or within the week)

Have a couple stops to make and different things to take care of. Maybe something to add, maybe not, maybe some pics, maybe not. (That's my last stop)

Status
Not open for further replies.