What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MASSIVE OUTDOOR GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
africanherbman1 said:
The reason that they are going out so late is due to the mothers regrowing a little slowly after the last batch of clones I took.
Git it, okay, so it's just scheduling and an anticipated out date...got it....

(lot of people hold onto things to get bigger before going out..,just clarifying...)
Where I live it will barely hit 90 in the beginning of august, and we do get a good bit of rain.
Well, still not nothing....90 a little significance since my rule of thumb is add 10, always, to anything.....

See, the reason I prefer to plant before storms is 2 fold, as stated....you can water less when initially planting, saves the load you have to deal with (water), rain saturates, and, also, usually brings overcast weather and a little cooler following with it (not always, but, helps)...so, between a little water, some crystals, the rain, and overcast......pretty much the smoothest and easiest start they could have (especially when later in season with the weather.....)
I'm planning on prepping the site w/ coco, bags of top soil...cow manure, hen manure, mushroom compost, ect, bat guano, a good organic flowering mixture, and water polymer crystals.
Okay, so, full prep...got it.....Now.....remember...when doing mini's you change your mix a little and you don't really want a veg mix...you want more of a flower...(since of course minimal veg time......sometimes what I do for them is hit em initially (planting) with a heavier (liquid) veg mix....and, a flower will still have some N, plus, of course, people forget soil's not neutral in the first place...will have varied amounts of everything, so, something to keep in mind that people sometimes overlook....:smoke: Was just talking about this a lot with someone.....
Last year I harvested the same strain mid october due to small amounts of mold, but the plants were a little bit bigger. I'm guessing that I will have less problems with mold, because the buds will be smaller on the minis.

Ahhhhhh :smoke:, well, and also, since more out in the open and not always same locations.....you will have more sun, and more circulation :smoke:

My smallest stuff people say is the best quality.....and, I personally have never had a single problem..(due to full sun and great circulation because more in the open.......so......you got it man :smoke:.....exactly.......

Note: the bonus of smaller..can be more out in the open.......directly affecting yield and density, etc......product is awesome......I do a lot, sun from dusk till dawn.....

BUT.......

with such increased sun comes increased moisture issues depending where they are...if done in an area with a lot of vegetation?...helps out a little........if done more in the open, like I do em?.....full sun and heat?.......even more so for before the rains and the crystals......but, as said possible.....they get a good start,....they "grab"...and, usually from then on if fairly regular rain they should be fine..(like once a week after "the grab".....)

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some further notes and reminders regarding late plantings....

One should not forget, as above, to go lighter on the veg mix (N specifically)....but, some other things people should be aware of (most know, but sometimes overlook)....

They will not immediately "take" full force, so...one must always remember there is about a week or so when you put them in that they have to a "settle in", or, as I call it "the grab"....So....you have to make allowances for that week or so between them getting settled in and resuming full force...

(Yes, could be less...could be 3 days, could be 6 days.....can always call it a week and be right either way :smoke:)

Thousands of strains with thousands of triggers, so, unless you have something you work with consistently, kind of hard to pinpoint exact times, exact sizes...sometimes will get a little too large,...sometimes will stay a little too small....

(I've said it many times....12/12 from seed thread is a fairly good glimpse of a wwide variety of strains and situations.....and, also, why I would say you want them out as early as possible (ie: don't hold back vegging, and then put them out and expect small...my lates, from this point on I put out at about 7 days or less...)

Much of the round above (last round, 500 in 40" x 40" pic couple days ago) I am already in the process of starting to send out..,.not even be a week since they broke the surface...and already starting to prep for next round...(although, these are still little early...just an example...)

Other reason is weather, and, if possible, due to size (essentially nothing, a sprout) many can even start them outside and it's not a problem (sightlines, neighbors, etc) Lot of places harsh weather so if can be essentially germed out or in sun, broken in....will help...

You don't want to hold them back if you want them smaller, and, of course, they won't really remain smaller, but, again...this is strain dependent and the real problem faced....(uncertainty of exact trigger dates out...only rough ideas...so, don't want to throw extra size on them on top of that....)

Railroad plots:
Under no circumstances do you want to be seen ( train....engineers, etc) Lot of accidents lately so some policies are now to call it in, shut down track until person located, so...you see a train....make sure you go for cover until well past...

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Railroads:
All should also be reminded that many lines (trains, regions) will also spray for weeds and such, so, something to be aware of. My region it's really not applicable (deep dense city, with residential nearby) but I know, and also hear many places they do, so, the site all depends on your location. Likewise, I have plots further away, but also plots extremely close to tracks and train.

Now, also of thought is while some spots might be farther, I actually have some spots I like very, very much that are essentially very close to train stations, and, the reason for this is of course when trains coming up on stations their focus is not on the vegetation surrounding, but the tracks, station, and people....(get it? :smoke:) Whereas a longer stretch of nothing the eyes may get a chance to wander, but, of course, if placed right into surrounding vegetation, and, of course always later, not trees, really is not a problem anyway......

Now, regarding privacy.....since the above, (accidents, more aware and cautious) it means less pedestrian traffic than previously...so, that is also a bonus....(Lot of kids used walk, etc, hang out some spots....not as much these days in many places (not all)...so, that helps also regarding privacy...(In 5+ years I have never seen a single person myself in my areas......when I am in more rural areas, I see them all the time, so...something else to be aware of...)

Late Planted:
When getting later I tend to be less firm and tend to start raising lights a little for starts, because of course a little stretch is no problem, because you want a bit so that when you plant you are able to "sink" em...(from medium to first set buried)...to get as much distance as possible between surface of soil and top of medium for moisture issues, and, another thing that I have been starting to do is in addition to any crystals (deeper, mixed in), is I have started mixing finer(finest) lightly in the top couple inches on top of it...Once established, it's not as much of an issue but with a lot of sun, heat, so late in the season, it's always a crucial period when you first plant them....They're small....they have no penetration yet....very vulnerable to surface issues, much more so than earlier planted things and of course multiplied issues by weather. As soon as they grab, and get some penetration, they're usually fine, but, from the start..have to watch em....make sure they're okay (and, of course, you don't want to...you want to see them as little as possible/visit as little as possible......

Last edited:

InjectTruth

I feel like what Im looking for is right in front of my face, but I just cant quite see it until someone points it out. PLEASE get some city shots, or any shots, cuz for the life of me, I can only think of about one or two spots, and neither have native soil to dig into (abandoned lots)

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
InjectTruth said:
I feel like what Im looking for is right in front of my face, but I just cant quite see it until someone points it out.
Explain....glad to help out if I can....
PLEASE get some city shots, or any shots, cuz for the life of me, I can only think of about one or two spots, and neither have native soil to dig into (abandoned lots)

Soon as I can get in (can even take one when I run out today from a distance of general location with a zoom)

1.How do you know? Have you actually tried to dig it? Have you seen it? Felt it?
2.What is access, traffic? are they safe? (at this point in season though, of course will be smaller and reduced exposure , so.....makes a lot of difference as far as stealth and security....(I was just doing areas backing a future development...)
3.Can you bring anything in?...
4.Depends what kind of lot it is....if it's a residential lot.....etc, I mean, soil should be halfway decent....

Last edited:

Pimpslapped

Julian said:
Nah, I had it, I just added some things...(agree..but think how one proceeds and discipline even reduces it further..)

First off, I have to say that you're a machine at posting. It boggles the mind every time I read through this thread (And the indoor). You manage to convey a LOT of information with your posts and they're surprisingly easy to read, in comparison to a lot that give the same level of info.

Discipline is a big factor and one that I don't think I have in sufficient quantities to maintain a large scale commercial career. I also tend to think best with a sounding board, but with this sort of hobby the number of people I can have relevant discussions with for brainstorming are pretty small. (I would LOVE to be able to sit down with another grower or two on the porch with a few spliffs and some drinks to preference and just... talk about growing.)

Julian said:
Eh, you'll do what and when you want.....depending on what your after, larger number might not even be necessary...

I think greed is an often misunderstood aspect....think it's more the latter of what you mentioned,...."the game".....addiction to growing...(which most know is an easily acquired habit :biglaugh:

I can definitely see the addiction. I could get lost in 'The Game' easily, but I have to make sure that my reach doesn't exceed my grasp. I know that I am not suited to the 'social' aspects of The Game. But finding a trustworthy person to hand off the product to... that's where I run into a big, hard, grafitti splattered brick wall.

So how does one go about choosing a partner/partners? It has to come down to intuition, which isn't always my strong suit when dealing with people. I'm curious as to what sort of responses people will have to this, as it's a subject I have trouble with.

Julian said:
I'm personally 100% covered on aerials for any location I do.....don't really have any areas done that are unavailable..(surprisingly....even for the larger distant one...)

You're a lucky man there. At least in the aerials that I have access to, there are big vague sections (Poor grade satellite photos) all around a few spots I'm interested in perusing.

Good point on storing records electronically. Though a GPS could be handy for truly remote grows with minimal landmarks. I wouldn't store the location in the GPS unit, but tracking to coordinates could be useful. My woodland survival skills have atrophied a good bit over the years spent in cities. Especially on grows that are visited rarely (Low/no maint), since I know the appearance of an area can change drastically over seasons in regards to vegetation (and in many areas you may not have any other reliable landmarks).

Julian said:
I personally think harvest is the most labor intensive time in the process.......planting?...eh, spots done and their in fairly quick.....harvest and related can go on for months afterwards :smoke:......definitely to me the most serious issue(s)...

Something to keep in mind, definitely. In my mind, it always seems like the initial site prep would involve the most work. It'd be the most physically demanding part, especially if much needs to be hauled out. But it'd still be quick. A days hard work on a plot and you're done... gotta remember that cutting the plants down is only the first stage of harvesting and that the full process takes a fair amount of time.

Julian said:
Railroads:
All should also be reminded that many lines (trains, regions) will also spray for weeds and such, so, something to be aware of. My region it's really not applicable (deep dense city, with residential nearby) but I know, and also hear many places they do, so, the site all depends on your location. Likewise, I have plots further away, but also plots extremely close to tracks and train.

Good info there, I never thought about the fact that the rail areas may be getting sprayed. Another bit of info to tuck away and hope I have a chance to benefit from it. Same for hiding from trains. It makes sense that they'd shut the lines down in a lot of cases to avoid potential accidents. Never would have thought of that either. Also a good point on how people tend to focus, I know for a fact that many places/times I could easily walk past a semi-concealed grow and never notice. Also probably a reason for the tree stand grows... Humans very rarely look UP.

Julian said:
InjectTruth said:
I feel like what Im looking for is right in front of my face, but I just cant quite see it until someone points it out.

Explain....glad to help out if I can....

Sounds like IT has the same problem I struggle with. I am still just starting to realize just how wide the options are for potential grow spots. My brain defaults to the secluded woodland hillside. It still takes a bit of a mental shift to see the other possibilities. I would love to see some photos of some of the less 'stereotypical' locations, but even just descriptions helps out a lot.

Last edited:

dj digigrow

waiting for these city spot pics... NYC or Chicago? lol just guessing...

anyways my question is on seed stock.. how can I turn a 10 pack into 1000 seeds...??

Pimpslapped

dj digigrow said:

anyways my question is on seed stock.. how can I turn a 10 pack into 1000 seeds...??

To get 1000? Not quite sure how many seeds you'll get off each plant, but if you grow out that 10 pack and put a male next to a couple females, let nature take it's course. Depending on where you grow them, how long veg, etc... All those factors should effect the outcome (Bigger plant, outdoors=more seeds, I would assume). But 1 male+2 females should easily net you a few hundred seeds outdoors. You may need to add in a couple more girls to go 1k+, but you should end up with enough out of a 10 pack to go well over 1k.

Hopefuly somebody will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong. My one grow (indoors) so far wasn't one that produced any seeds, but I know when I get heavily seeded buds, just a few seem to net 100+ seeds.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pimpslapped said:
First off, I have to say that you're a machine at posting. It boggles the mind every time I read through this thread (And the indoor). You manage to convey a LOT of information with your posts and they're surprisingly easy to read, in comparison to a lot that give the same level of info.
I feel like one :biglaugh: Well thanks man...very nice of you to say.

I've trained a lot of people in this, and, in business, (3 companies/3 industries) over the years, and, sincerely believe anyone can learn anything, anytime, quite easily......but, all depends on how it is explained...the delivery....(I was always a very difficult student......and, the older I get, the more I realize it's because my teachers sucked...:biglaugh:)
Discipline is a big factor and one that I don't think I have in sufficient quantities to maintain a large scale commercial career. I also tend to think best with a sounding board, but with this sort of hobby the number of people I can have relevant discussions with for brainstorming are pretty small. (I would LOVE to be able to sit down with another grower or two on the porch with a few spliffs and some drinks to preference and just... talk about growing.)
Well.....discipline......commercial?....Forget it for a moment. To a degree the exact same things apply to any grower, anywhere, anytime, indoor or out (the most being security issues), and, of course, when I say "discipline" , I mean basically you do what you have to do, and do not alter that...

(As somewhere above.....most "mistakes" are not truly "mistakes"....If one is fully aware of something, yet, for some reason or another consciously chooses not to adhere to that....well....absolutely no excuse....)

I agree, and sometimes why I take so much pleasure in these discussions...Just talking about things one often in the process will get a lot of new ideas....(I do, all the time....just from these threads......a lot....)
I can definitely see the addiction. I could get lost in 'The Game' easily, but I have to make sure that my reach doesn't exceed my grasp. I know that I am not suited to the 'social' aspects of The Game. But finding a trustworthy person to hand off the product to... that's where I run into a big, hard, grafitti splattered brick wall.
Nah....you sound like your very aware of your abilities and limitations and comfort level......

Self awareness (regarding any aspect of ones self) is under rated, and, I see less and less these days, and, the more time goes on (from anyone, anywhere)....I've grown to greatly respect anyone who is able to turn their power of observation of the world, upon themselves......:smoke:

I think the world would be a much better (and different ) place if people knew who they are, what they are, what they know, what they don't know, their weaknesses, their limitations, etc.....Most don't, and, to me at least....such people are worthy of respect....
So how does one go about choosing a partner/partners? It has to come down to intuition, which isn't always my strong suit when dealing with people. I'm curious as to what sort of responses people will have to this, as it's a subject I have trouble with.
There was a lot of that in the indoor thread....not sure what's left..

Your intuition my friend is just as strong as the next persons, whether to utilize it or not (note that I said "utilize", not "realize" :smoke:.....

Forget intuition for a moment......forget it...don't need it...

Who someone is?

It's always right there in front of you.....in what they do...what they say....how they view the world and others...how they treat others.....

How would I screen someone?....

Sit back and have a couple drinks....and talk.....Just talk.....

About what?....

Nothing at all :smoke:

(a repeat of indoor thread coming, forgive me if repeated but valid...)

You sit, you relax....you talk.....

Do they treat waiter/waitress bad?....Do they get mad because they had to wait a minute?, or do they say "eh, it's busy, their trying the best they can.." (understanding, patience, or lack of.... just displayed......)

Do they bitch about work because the boss is an asshole because he was fired because he fucked the secretary in the utility closet? (which would only be normal, again, lack of understanding, display of having no clue how life works......refusing to take responsibility for their own actions, etc...)

What do they say about their family?....Do they love them despite sometimes disagreeing and being angry with them?...or, have they cut off family for 5 years because they had an argument at Christmas dinner...(Lack of loyalty, questionable values,....very serious.....to me...)

(Of course, the above can be utilized by anyone, anywhere, anytime, for any situation in life......business, romantic relationships, anything...)

Who someone is, is always right in front of you,, displayed in their words and actions.... Most people just..........don't pay attention, and, in the case of romantic relationships?.....they simply might choose not to.....

But it's there :smoke:

And.....if your not sure?......Well, in my word, a "hesitation" is a clear cut "NO"....

All complicated questions aside.....if one asks themselves: "Can I trust them"...."Are they straight/solid", or any other question and you cannot immediately answer yes?.....

Well, a hesitation is no.

You either then have the option of walking...or, taking a little time to learn more, and clarify your beliefs.....

Same, again, as with anything in life......anything, anyone, anywhere, anytime....

A hesitation means no...

You ask anyone, anything, anytime, anywhere a question in which they wholeheartedly believe, or agree?....Sometimes their "yes" will even come before you are finished asking the question....so....in a hesitation always lies your answer :smoke:

Some work, some don't (partnerships)....I've done probably hundreds (literally) over the years...some worked, some did not....and, I'll even go further in saying the ones that did not?...well, completely my fault and no one else to blame but myself, because, as above....Everything right in front of me, all the time....

People try to sometimes convince themselves they do not know something, for various reasons..(maybe because you two go back so long, maybe because family, and, you refuse to believe they won't create a problem, because their family, etc.......), but...doesn't change a thing......

They are who they are and they show you exactly who they are in every word and action they take every second of every day.....

The other thing, and, the very basis of partnerships is the entire point is to achieve something greater than you could yourself.....

If not?...absolutely no point to it...(ie: you want to do 100 plants alone, but, with partner, you will do 200 and split 50/50 :biglaugh:.....well, as you see.....no point to it......so....)

Most don't favor them, most will have varying opinions, but,...mine is above....

Some work, some don't....the ones that do make up 10 times over for the ones that don't, and, any problems are your own fault.....

I've had things that lasted 2-3 batches and failed, and I've had things that went on to 20 years without ever a single problem....never a single disagreement.....(because of course....there is little that 2 rationale, reasonable, understanding people cannot overcome.....)

That being said, the key is to clearly define every aspect of it from the start, and I think a lot of people create problems (future) from the very beginning by overstating yields......

Your going to pull 100?........Tell them 30!....:smoke:

Expectations I think are the number one source of creation of problems....followed by the "ME/Mine" syndrome.....discussed at length in indoor thread..:smoke:

(Alas.....if unable to overcome by discussion...there is no known cure for this affliction :biglaugh:)

("mine" syndrome being something very strange seems to come over people during the grow process, more so as harvest nears and things start to fill out......similar to LOTR/Gollum......."my preciousssssssssss" :biglaugh:

Sounds funny, but, documented.....it happens, and often........

anyway......
You're a lucky man there. At least in the aerials that I have access to, there are big vague sections (Poor grade satellite photos) all around a few spots I'm interested in perusing.
I am...in many ways....and, am thankful for current situation and areas.........one of best I have ever had the pleasure of having.....makes everything much easier in many ways and essentially everything runs itself...lush vegetation....adequate rainfall...(although harvest season has some incredibly erratic weather which sometimes becomes quite scary....)
Good point on storing records electronically. Though a GPS could be handy for truly remote grows with minimal landmarks. I wouldn't store the location in the GPS unit, but tracking to coordinates could be useful. My woodland survival skills have atrophied a good bit over the years spent in cities. Especially on grows that are visited rarely (Low/no maint), since I know the appearance of an area can change drastically over seasons in regards to vegetation (and in many areas you may not have any other reliable landmarks).
The vegetation can change drastically even over a months time in many places, and, I am sure veterans would readily agree.....

The one thing about having more in plots is really you just need to be able to see one to know the plots there, and can go in and trim.....I know many know the feeling of walking right past things at least once or twice (I do all the time before everything trimmed down :biglaugh:)

If not "landmarks" per se, then can also use (I do and have)...estimated measure......meaning.....let's say......."300 steps from here, then straight back to that plot, etc.....

You always want to try and lay them out in a pattern (YOUR pattern....)

For example regarding the above statement...it might be..."okay, so, I went about 300 steps or so and then I went straight left, and, then after I planted than one...I went...whatever....straight west and planted 4 more plots about 200 steps from one another in a straight line......

You always want something you can remember, and, always lay them out most efficiently, or, according to what you desire...(ie: That could be specific strains in specific plots........that could be the M/F's in specific plots, clones in others, (so you don't have to hit multiple plots to sex and pull males, minimal work, etc...) But, that goes back to organization.....planning....I won't say too much because I think this was addressed in previous posts, but....it really is much easier than most think as long as some "system" laid upon it from the start.....
Something to keep in mind, definitely. In my mind, it always seems like the initial site prep would involve the most work. It'd be the most physically demanding part, especially if much needs to be hauled out. But it'd still be quick. A days hard work on a plot and you're done... gotta remember that cutting the plants down is only the first stage of harvesting and that the full process takes a fair amount of time.
Pretty much my point.......anything and everything earlier is for the most part limited in it's duration...(ie: you plant a day, 2, 10, whatever...every weekend...trimming is fairly quick and simple....feeding...etc...)

If your mixing strains and finishing times, as one sees, just cutting alone (and hanging for me) can be almost 2 months in itself...

Real work, real risk comes with harvest.....without a doubt.....

(Same thing can be said for earlier part of year, early veg.....they really don't explode until July....so...anything up till then fairly risk free...or, as reduced as can be.....once they start to gain some size......start of flowering....then is the time when the risk starts growing......no pun intended :biglaugh:
Good info there, I never thought about the fact that the rail areas may be getting sprayed. Another bit of info to tuck away and hope I have a chance to benefit from it. Same for hiding from trains. It makes sense that they'd shut the lines down in a lot of cases to avoid potential accidents. Never would have thought of that either. Also a good point on how people tend to focus, I know for a fact that many places/times I could easily walk past a semi-concealed grow and never notice. Also probably a reason for the tree stand grows... Humans very rarely look UP.
Yep......someone reminded me of that (spraying) when I previously was writing on the subject...I always forget because my area it's less of an issue (tight, dense, city, etc)....

Yeah....the shut downs.....in direct relation to increased accidents over the years (people getting hit by trains...)....Terrible tragedy, and, I don't take it lightly (I actually know 2 families that have had such losses,) but, I can't for the life of me figure out how you get hit by something the size of a building.....I just don't get it....You go your whole life not being hit by a friggin car.....then to be hit by a train (essentially the size of a small building...)

I just don't get it :biglaugh:

Yeah.....I most prefer the plots closer to stations and crossings....focus is on them...not on surrounding vegetation...(ie: they're looking out for people and cars...not looking at the weeds :smoke:)

Yep...they'll call it in (either RW or City cops) and close down that section.....
Sounds like IT has the same problem I struggle with. I am still just starting to realize just how wide the options are for potential grow spots. My brain defaults to the secluded woodland hillside. It still takes a bit of a mental shift to see the other possibilities. I would love to see some photos of some of the less 'stereotypical' locations, but even just descriptions helps out a lot.
Because we all have preconceived notions of what something "should be".....this is no different.....

"great spot"...."perfect spot"?.....

You don't need a spot that no human foot has ever touched :smoke:....

Just that you believe it will not for a couple months :smoke:

Your not going to build a house there :biglaugh:, just.....use it ....for a while :smoke:

Later in season you go...the shorter that becomes :smoke:.....

It's all perception......people always imagine initially larger trees.....can fim/top.....multiple times....can train...can plant late.....

The spot dictates the method....

When I started on that the conversations were something to the effect of:
"nahhh man...you can't do that....there's people everywhere...."

"Where?....I don't see any people in that spot".....

"Nahhh...they'll stick out too much, they'll be too big man".....

"So...I'll top em and keep em shorter.....I'll plant em later....they'll be like 2-3-4 feet...."

"Nahhh man....won't work".......

"Why?....says who?..." :biglaugh:, etc, etc......

The problem is simple:
Everyone wants "the perfect spot"......

And while people sit and scratch their heads......looking for that....they pass 100 spots that might not be perfect...but...

They'll do :smoke:

The spot dictates the approach and method.....not....as most believe, the other way around....(ie: can't grow trees, so, not a good spot, forget it......)

I was telling someone yesterday about my city plots....very nice view of skyline :smoke:

Growing 101:
You do what you can, when you can, where you can, how you can....

Last time I checked most don't have access to 4,000 acres of dense forest :smoke:

You work with what you've got, and you alter the method and approach to suit that....

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dj digigrow said:

Pretty soon...last round going out this week, and, also want them to get a little bigger, because right now hard to see.....(Want bigger so I can try and go as far back as possible and get a shot of many......)The one spot I am hitting next they're basically planted single file over a stretch...worked into landscape......)

10 pack into 1000?

:smoke:

grow out seeds.....sex...let's assume 5 fems out or 10..(could be more or less).....top/fim...grow em out little more....60 days more or less should be able to shave each one down to about 200 each....(my target is always 200 per mom....)

10 seeds, 5 fems, 200 each=1,000. If you grew those out a little and repeated......10,000 within 6 months....

Very simple...(just not quick, and, why I prefer fem beans......beans I have 2 week turn around...no moms, no time......just plant, 2 weeks later more or less, out they go....can't get more simple and efficient that that.....

(I'm sorry....you said into seeds....plant a patch man, do free pollination....done deal....)
Options are endless...could also hold males back (indoors) and then hit them a little later in field to target certain mothers....options are endless....(and you'd probably end up with a hell of a lot more than 1,000 :smoke: (I have my ps city plot with diesel, blockhead, bb/nl and BOG SB....thinking about just leaving those for seed....still haven't decided either way yet though.....but....little too close to other things...so.....then thinking about maybe just pulling all (males) and leaving ONE...(hear diesel is later, and, others are earlier....so....was also thinking along those lines too....)

Last edited:

Pimpslapped

Julian said:
I've trained a lot of people in this, and, in business, (3 companies/3 industries) over the years, and, sincerely believe anyone can learn anything, anytime, quite easily......but, all depends on how it is explained...the delivery....(I was always a very difficult student......and, the older I get, the more I realize it's because my teachers sucked...:biglaugh:)

when I say "discipline" , I mean basically you do what you have to do, and do not alter that...

You're right there. I've had to work with people in varying roles over the years and I learned that most people can be incredibly dense, until you find the right way to explain something. It's not always my forte, I tend to overcomplicate things and go off on tangents when speaking. (And typing, shhh.. don't tell. I'm pretending to not randomly go off on tangents in the middle of a post).

Not a criticism, but I think you seem to have a problem that I do when posting on forums (And when speaking in person too, but can't say if it applies in your case). Seems to get a little choppy at times, almost feel like I skip a word or something when reading, but it's more that you've edited (Probably mentally as you type) things down to keep from rambling on endlessly. Well, that and since this is a text medium of communication there is no real inflection to fill in gaps, no body language, etc... That is one reason I tend to be overly wordy at times, because I try really hard to make sure my point comes across clearly to a wide variety of readers.

Julian said:
I agree, and sometimes why I take so much pleasure in these discussions...Just talking about things one often in the process will get a lot of new ideas....(I do, all the time....just from these threads......a lot....)

It drives me insane at times, I am so proud of what little I have accomplished so far in my brief growing career. Always looking for advice, ideas and of course to brag and show off. But... what I'm doing is illegal. So anyone I tell puts me at risk and you can't REALLY talk about growing without anyone with half a brain figuring out that you are/were a grower. I realize that already and I'm most definitely a neophyte.

My only real outlet are the forums and I'm only now really settling in and feeling confident enough of myself to actively take part in discussions here. Can't really show off, since I don't have a digicam right now (That's low on my list of budgeted items, still got some work to do on my growspace). I'm just loving this discussion and still slogging through the 'INDOOR' version of this thread, somehow missed it before now (And the early parts are badly mangled due to 'Divine Intervention'). I've gotten so many ideas and had so many of those moments where I just wanna smack my forehead and say DUH! I should have seen/known/thought of that. It's going to take a long time to change my mental preconceptions around and lose those notions. If only it were actually reasonably safe to contact/meet other growers but sadly with the state of things here in the US it's a risky proposition.

Julian said:
Nah....you sound like your very aware of your abilities and limitations and comfort level......

Self awareness (regarding any aspect of ones self) is under rated, and, I see less and less these days, and, the more time goes on (from anyone, anywhere)...

If anything I may underestimate my abilities. It's a tendency of mine, but I'm finally starting to grow out of that a bit (comfortably in the 30+ category these days, think I remember you mentioning that age range here or another thread). You're right, self awareness is becoming a rarity. It's an endangered species, much like common sense and common courtesy.

I consider myself a misanthrope and a borderline sociopath, but I can't help but be disturbed by what I see in our society. I can only really speak of it here in the US, but it seems to be pretty pervasive. People just don't care anymore. Humanity is turning into a self-blind, self-serving scavenger. We're feeding off ourselves as we rot in our own filth. At least that's what it seems like. There are good people out there, but humanity seems to have gone to the shitter in a big way. Is it just me or has the 'Herd Mentality' gone into overdrive?

Julian said:
Your intuition my friend is just as strong as the next persons, whether to utilize it or not (note that I said "utilize", not "realize" :smoke:.....

It's always right there in front of you.....in what they do...what they say....how they view the world and others...how they treat others.....

(Of course, the above can be utilized by anyone, anywhere, anytime, for any situation in life......business, romantic relationships, anything...)

Who someone is, is always right in front of you,, displayed in their words and actions.... Most people just..........don't pay attention, and, in the case of romantic relationships?.....they simply might choose not to.....

I can't say you're wrong here. It's a blind spot for me and one I don't have real good control over. I'm always second guessing myself when dealing with people. My initial impression seems to hold true in a lot of cases, but I've been wrong often enough to leave me gun shy.

Problem is making that conscious effort to notice those things, because my subconscious isn't very good about alerting me to them in time.

Julian said:
Most don't favor them, most will have varying opinions, but,...mine is above....

Some work, some don't....the ones that do make up 10 times over for the ones that don't, and, any problems are your own fault.....

That being said, the key is to clearly define every aspect of it from the start, and I think a lot of people create problems (future) from the very beginning by overstating yields......

Food for thought, definitely. I'd like to grow some extra and at least recoup my investment in equipment thus far, due to limited space and rates of household consumption though, likely that'll have to be outdoors. I firmly believe that I'll need a hand on getting rid of any of my extra, how much.. that's the question. Only time will tell on that one, who knows how ambitious or lazy I'll be.

It could be an ideal arrangement... I do the growing, they do the distribution. Probably tap them for help with harvesting and grunt work, cut them a decent deal.. see how it works. I like your advice on trying to control the prices a little. THere's no reason to milk people horribly, that just causes problems down the road (Or at least potential ones). It's not like the plants are really a limited resource after all.

I can definitely understand the 'MineMINEMINEPRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!' feeling. I noticed as my plants grew i got a little more possessive towards them. My surrogate babies. I've seen it come out in people before as well (Though not related to growing, it's not exclusive to our chosen hobby after all)

Your going to pull 100?........Tell them 30!....:smoke:

Expectations I think are the number one source of creation of problems....followed by the "ME/Mine" syndrome.....discussed at length in indoor thread..:smoke:

Julian said:
I am...in many ways....and, am thankful for current situation and areas.........one of best I have ever had the pleasure of having.....makes everything much easier in many ways and essentially everything runs itself...lush vegetation....adequate rainfall...(although harvest season has some incredibly erratic weather which sometimes becomes quite scary....)

The vegetation can change drastically even over a months time in many places, and, I am sure veterans would readily agree.....

You always want something you can remember, and, always lay them out most efficiently, or, according to what you desire...

I think I'm in a region with a lot of potential, I just have to take advantage of it. I've never really paid that much attention to the local weather patterns, but since I'm in the SE US, I don't think I'll have TOO many problems with that.

Good advice on setting out your plots. I'll have to keep it in mind. I've always developed my own little chaotic systems of organization, it should be manageable. If I end up with the extra cash, a GPS unit might be a fun toy to play with in that regard, but definitely shouldn't be relied upon too heavily.

Offhand, anybody know a good resource for checking on historical weather data? Seems like something that'd be readily availible but I wasn't able to find it in my brief attempt before I repacked the bong. :bongsmi:

Julian said:
Yeah....the shut downs.....in direct relation to increased accidents over the years (people getting hit by trains...)....Terrible tragedy, and, I don't take it lightly (I actually know 2 families that have had such losses,) but, I can't for the life of me figure out how you get hit by something the size of a building.....I just don't get it....You go your whole life not being hit by a friggin car.....then to be hit by a train (essentially the size of a small building...)

I just don't get it :biglaugh:

I knew a kid when I was growing up... killed by a train, but he was a drunk teenager who was trying to catch it. That sort of stupidity is at least somewhat understandable. How in the HELL a healthy adult who is conscious can get hit by a train, that confuses me.

Julian said:
The spot dictates the method....

That's what I have to get the hang of there. I will be more confident about it later, when I've got a little more experience and realize just how much control I can exercise over the method. Need to play with LST/Topping, figuring out late harvests, etc... Need to get a few runs outdoors to get the hang of it before I get ambitious.

It'll take time to realize just how endless the options out there are. My biggest fear is going too fast, biting off more than I can chew. That makes me hesitate more than anything I think.

I could sprout beans, cut clones and throw out 500+ plants... but really that's far more than I could handle/process/distribute. Gotta build up to that, if I even get to that level at all. It's intimidating to think about right now. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around it, but that'll come with time.

Come to think of it, I think that's one of the biggest addictions of 'The Game'. There's just so much to do, so many variations. Always something new to try.

Pimpslapped

Julian said:
(I'm sorry....you said into seeds....plant a patch man, do free pollination....done deal....)[/I]Options are endless...could also hold males back (indoors) and then hit them a little later in field to target certain mothers....options are endless....(and you'd probably end up with a hell of a lot more than 1,000

That reminds me of another question, what's a good method to extract seeds from the bud? Only thing I can really think of is breaking it apart by hand and sifting/picking them out... which with 1000+ just seems like a royal PITA.. Any advice on that front?

The country plots I understand are earth auger, then mix native soil, w organic nutes , water crystals and maybe a mulch.. obviously maybe something (peat, coco, perlite) to break it up a little if the native isn't perfect and lime depending on soil.
That you either test or know the plot if its the big one well.

But for the city (say railroad) or even before developed land... could you explain your method of deciding/amending the soil.. Ie usually around most railroads the soil is more rocky.. I believe anything will grow there.. but what are you using/or not for these situations. Plenty of good places but marginal clay/rocky soil. It seems it would be tough digging too. How so quickly?

I'm assuming at this point that your bringing in a shovel and several large bags of fert/perlite pre-mix(thinking perlite because its so light) digging 1'x1' holes everywhere fast(300 minis) then like 1/4 mixing it with crappy soil.w/ crystals in bottom.. then if possible mulch.

just asking such a elementary ? because your talking about having to smoke a cig and waiting on 5-0 to check a site.. are you then pulling a 4ft folding shovel off your utility belt and 200 lbs of site dressing out your ass before performing a diving roll behind a convenience store ala mission impossible stylee. Or is it just some places you can get away with whatever and some you can't? Just trying to get the logistics

Last edited:

Pimpslapped

GorillaGrower said:
just asking such a elementary ? because your talking about having to smoke a cig and waiting on 5-0 to check a site.. are you then pulling a 4ft folding shovel off your utility belt and 200 lbs of site dressing out your ass before performing a diving roll behind a convenience store ala mission impossible stylee. Or is it just some places you can get away with whatever and some you can't? Just trying to get the logistics

You can get folding shovels and such, fairly compact. Or a garden trowel. From what he's said in some posts, I think several of his city spots are exposed entry/exit, but the site itself is concealed.. If he kept it to a small number of plants per location, the volume of material needed would become fairly reasonable.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pimpslapped said:
You're right there. I've had to work with people in varying roles over the years and I learned that most people can be incredibly dense, until you find the right way to explain something. It's not always my forte, I tend to overcomplicate things and go off on tangents when speaking. (And typing, shhh.. don't tell. I'm pretending to not randomly go off on tangents in the middle of a post).
Well, and, maybe it's not that they are dense....maybe it's just we are not explaining it in the correct way :smoke:

(All people relate to different things, different ways, and, I think the skill of teaching is seeing that, and then identifying that (what they need), and then doing so....Usually for me when learning something, what I do is ask the questions I need to know to understand.....)

Example: I've recently developed quit an interest in boats. Have several friends, associates who are into boats. They really can't, nor should I expect them to give me an overview in an book perfect format, so, I basically just ask them the questions that I need to know, in order for me to formulate an idea, which then brings with it more questions, and, as time goes on, a better idea is developed (by me) and, the questions more specific....
Not a criticism, but I think you seem to have a problem that I do when posting on forums (And when speaking in person too, but can't say if it applies in your case). Seems to get a little choppy at times, almost feel like I skip a word or something when reading, but it's more that you've edited (Probably mentally as you type) things down to keep from rambling on endlessly. Well, that and since this is a text medium of communication there is no real inflection to fill in gaps, no body language, etc...
Well, I prefer in such a medium (informal, casual) to basically deliver as I would speak...which would include my amusement, pauses, etc. To me, it seems most effective....

Lot of people view things in different ways (and approach)...To me?.....we are right now essentially having a drink chatting :biglaugh: (and, I truly view this site and conversations as such....it's a bar...."we're just talkin" :smoke:

(annnnndd, occasionally...someone whose had too much to drink will wander by, interrupt, maybe a brief scuffle :smoke:and, eventually leave and the conversation continues :biglaugh:)....

jmo/view/approach....

(another round? :smoke:)
That is one reason I tend to be overly wordy at times, because I try really hard to make sure my point comes across clearly to a wide variety of readers.
The most important being those less experienced, whom, of course, are really the ones who draw the most.....I think more should take the above into consideration when they pen info....They attempt to share info, but, in doing so, they are completely overlooking exactly who they are doing it for :smoke:
It drives me insane at times, I am so proud of what little I have accomplished so far in my brief growing career. Always looking for advice, ideas and of course to brag and show off. But... what I'm doing is illegal. So anyone I tell puts me at risk and you can't REALLY talk about growing without anyone with half a brain figuring out that you are/were a grower. I realize that already and I'm most definitely a neophyte.
I think I said this in other thread...........

People should remember you truly can't say anything....

(Somewhere over there, or elsewhere, was a story how I was somewhere....someone rolled one....conversation started about the bud, and, the least bit of specific information and you are automatically assumed to know about growing..... So, instead....better to say nothing, leave the conversation alone...and sit and listen to someone talk about because they found 2 seeds in an z, means the plants were male, and, how people don't know what they're doing and should be growing females instead, cause that's where the buds come from.......:biglaugh:)

(That is a true story, and, a conversation I witnessed :biglaugh:)

You display anything.......your blowing it, because:
If you do not grow....then how would you know about growing....

Topic is better left alone for security.....
My only real outlet are the forums and I'm only now really settling in and feeling confident enough of myself to actively take part in discussions here.
I think the same for most people......

I think would be more interesting and content rich if people also left petty things at the door and enjoyed the discussions.....
Can't really show off, since I don't have a digicam right now (That's low on my list of budgeted items, still got some work to do on my growspace). I'm just loving this discussion and still slogging through the 'INDOOR' version of this thread, somehow missed it before now (And the early parts are badly mangled due to 'Divine Intervention').
Yeah......lot of stuff was over there......a shame....
If anything I may underestimate my abilities. It's a tendency of mine, but I'm finally starting to grow out of that a bit (comfortably in the 30+ category these days, think I remember you mentioning that age range here or another thread). You're right, self awareness is becoming a rarity. It's an endangered species, much like common sense and common courtesy.
Many seem to be either deathly afraid to face who they actually are, or maybe it's taking admitting their shortcomings as anything more than that....

We all have them....no ones perfect, never will be....You are who you are and nothing more.....

Plus....how can one grow, improve, develop any aspect of themselves, if they do not know where they currently are......

I have a little lecture I have developed, which I call "The 4 senses of self". Anyone wants to hear it, let me know.....(it's all mine)...I think it's fairly interesting, and, world would be a different place if more understood it.....
I consider myself a misanthrope and a borderline sociopath, but I can't help but be disturbed by what I see in our society. I can only really speak of it here in the US, but it seems to be pretty pervasive. People just don't care anymore. Humanity is turning into a self-blind, self-serving scavenger. We're feeding off ourselves as we rot in our own filth. At least that's what it seems like. There are good people out there, but humanity seems to have gone to the shitter in a big way. Is it just me or has the 'Herd Mentality' gone into overdrive?
Who knows how or why.....it's always been the case, but, these days, seem like it's just impossible to escape....

Generation ME? :smoke:
I can't say you're wrong here. It's a blind spot for me and one I don't have real good control over. I'm always second guessing myself when dealing with people. My initial impression seems to hold true in a lot of cases, but I've been wrong often enough to leave me gun shy.
Well...."being wrong" merely means (I believe) that you didn't look and listen enough before making a decision.....Lot of people do that....They speak before they have heard the whole story.....The respond before the story is finished, etc.....

Instincts are usually always correct....lot of people tend to second guess that which they already know to be true......

I heard a saying once that was something to the effect of:
It's a successful man who follows his own advice :smoke:

I'm a firm believer that we have all the answers to all our questions.....many just have a had time trusting their own judgment for one reason or another....
Problem is making that conscious effort to notice those things, because my subconscious isn't very good about alerting me to them in time.
Eh....like everything......something you have to develop.....I myself am a much different person than I was last week, last year, 5 years ago, etc, and, of course, none of them is who I will be tomorrow...natural progression.....

I think it is though (alerting you in time)...maybe you just have to put more faith in your own judgment....problem lot of people have..(took me years to rely 100% on what I know....)
It could be an ideal arrangement... I do the growing, they do the distribution. Probably tap them for help with harvesting and grunt work, cut them a decent deal.. see how it works. I like your advice on trying to control the prices a little. THere's no reason to milk people horribly, that just causes problems down the road (Or at least potential ones). It's not like the plants are really a limited resource after all.
Split problems have always got me rabid......

You want more??? No problem, we'll just make more!

Simple as that.....

I'd say always keep it to yourself, everything, until you absolutely can't handle it alone.....

The other problem as mentioned before in other thread is people tend to start the "Well, what does it matter to you, it's all free to you anyway"....

I've always been more than generous, and, even being extremely generous, still have seen that...(people want more, and more, and more......)

Yeah......you abuse pricing...creates resentment...which just puts you top of the list when comes time to flip someone.....

Enough to go around for everyone......
I can definitely understand the 'MineMINEMINEPRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!' feeling. I noticed as my plants grew i got a little more possessive towards them. My surrogate babies. I've seen it come out in people before as well (Though not related to growing, it's not exclusive to our chosen hobby after all)
Yeah man...."Mine" syndrome [i[is very real....[/i]....(I coined that about 20+ years ago......thats my phrase/discovery...)

Can definately be applied to other things, but, green?......textbook....
I think I'm in a region with a lot of potential, I just have to take advantage of it. I've never really paid that much attention to the local weather patterns, but since I'm in the SE US, I don't think I'll have TOO many problems with that.
You start growing outdoors and you'll be more well versed on the weather (yesterday, current, tomorrow) than most weathermen :biglaugh:Trust me :biglaugh:
Good advice on setting out your plots. I'll have to keep it in mind. I've always developed my own little chaotic systems of organization, it should be manageable. If I end up with the extra cash, a GPS unit might be a fun toy to play with in that regard, but definitely shouldn't be relied upon too heavily.
The above a good statement....(you always have developed your own systems...)

Whatever works for you....like the above...we all have our own ways of organizing things and absorbing them......

Important thing is to have one, period....
I knew a kid when I was growing up... killed by a train, but he was a drunk teenager who was trying to catch it. That sort of stupidity is at least somewhat understandable. How in the HELL a healthy adult who is conscious can get hit by a train, that confuses me.
Me too.....me too.......

All out lives we successfully navigate tens of thousands of cars....(smaller, faster,1,000x more encounters.....yet...unharmed.......)

Never will get it myself.....
That's what I have to get the hang of there. I will be more confident about it later, when I've got a little more experience and realize just how much control I can exercise over the method. Need to play with LST/Topping, figuring out late harvests, etc... Need to get a few runs outdoors to get the hang of it before I get ambitious.
Like anything else...more you know, more you do it.....understanding increases at amazing rates....

Even doing something (anything) the first, a single time.....one knows 10x+ more than they did yesterday....
It'll take time to realize just how endless the options out there are. My biggest fear is going too fast, biting off more than I can chew. That makes me hesitate more than anything I think.
Valid concern and shows wisdom.....shows awareness of other angles in process....etc.....
I could sprout beans, cut clones and throw out 500+ plants... but really that's far more than I could handle/process/distribute. Gotta build up to that, if I even get to that level at all. It's intimidating to think about right now. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around it, but that'll come with time.
Planning, thinking.....solutions......all approach in different ways and different timeframes......you move when your ready.....

Harvest, dry, cure, package, dump is to me the biggest issues.....

Correction.......whole process?

Trimming biggest issue with volume :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GorillaGrower said:
The country plots I understand are earth auger, then mix native soil, w organic nutes , water crystals and maybe a mulch.. obviously maybe something (peat, coco, perlite) to break it up a little if the native isn't perfect and lime depending on soil.

That you either test or know the plot if its the big one well.
I do everything "by eye" (measurements), anything, anytime. When I have it on hand also worm castings and chicken manure....(separate from dry organic mix, which is done at different locations, and, batches cut up into smaller....)

It's usually: drill,dust with nutes,wc/cm,then mix,fill,plant.(I always sink them as deep as possible also...being space between top of medium and first set....)
But for the city (say railroad) or even before developed land... could you explain your method of deciding/amending the soil.. Ie usually around most railroads the soil is more rocky.. I believe anything will grow there.. but what are you using/or not for these situations. Plenty of good places but marginal clay/rocky soil. It seems it would be tough digging too. How so quickly?
Actually when I started those, I had a hard time believing anything would grow there :biglaugh:, but, of course, lot of vegetation, so.....)

My spots over there and sandy/soot/dirt and rocky, but, rocks are more surface....I just clear them away when they are around spots I want to dig....)

If spots too hard, I don't want it anyway.....too hard to dig, and, reason why it's hard in the first place :smoke: Plus, I need speed, so, I want the softest (which also probably indicate less compressed and also more moisture....)

I like bottoms of hills/lowers...(moisture reasons, soil)....but, as pics will show, I do also plant on slopes....and create "wells"......"shelfs" (catching water)
I'm assuming at this point that your bringing in a shovel and several large bags of fert/perlite pre-mix(thinking perlite because its so light) digging 1'x1' holes everywhere fast(300 minis) then like 1/4 mixing it with crappy soil.w/ crystals in bottom.. then if possible mulch.

No......city....quick hit and run plantings, I:
1.Consists merely of bags, so looks like I'm walking home from store :smoke:

a.1 bag with dry nute and crystal mix, (maybe 10-20 cup fulls) hand spade, which is a solid 1 piece stainless by the way, rubber grip...don't use the cheap ones...they're bend in half first time you use them...), and some gloves (in case I have to clear a spot and are nasty weeds...etc...so I don't mess up hands...)

b.1 or more bags of bottles with nute mix (FN) also with crystals in it, but, just enough so still can work with it (still easily poured..)

c.Bags of plants. City spots I usually plant daily, because can't carry too much, can get 50, sometimes more per trip, depending on how large...(plus, don't forget, they're in pots...so....imagine how many pots you can line a bag with and carry and not snap stems and stuff....so...The smaller they are, and, container is, the more I can do..later stuff can do sometimes up to 100...but, city spots, when planting, they're close so I can plant several days.....of course I try and schedule all with rains, so, also determines what and where...occasionally I will go back twice in one day if I have a deadline due to rains coming in...(so, if 3 days of rains, might try and start 2 days before......all depends on weather....

Sometimes a lot more than it sounds, and, not that easy to be walking that fast and making it look like nothing to anyone (I get seen by "people" all the time....but, as above...just looks like a guy coming home from store, maybe lives across tracks, down street, etc...:biglaugh: (one hand 4+ bags, other hand 4+ bags.(can't wear gloves because people don't wear gloves when carrying groceries home :biglaugh:...etc...fuckin pretty heavy sometimes, worse when hot and humid...)Do the math...gallon of water almost 10lbs...so..and have to be careful with plants, of course, so....

Nah...city is minimal (if you can call it that...) engineered for speed....

Give me 2 minutes....going to give you a visual :smoke:

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now, what I do for city spots and water is I try to estimate and "budget". Meaning, let's say the run is 50, then, 17-25 liters might cover ititial watering (rains on way tomorrow or next day don't forget...) and, doesn't look like much, but, when trying to walk fast, looking "normal", and then when out of site for a couple blocks as fast as possible, Any extras I just toss in bushes for next run (less to bring), or, might use on others close by.

(And , I also completely soak plants before leaving, so......yeah, I mean, all in all?.....50+/- lbs?....sure, not a lot of weight, at all, etc, but, when talking plastic bags cutting into your fingers block after block?, different story :smoke:

Note: For city stuff, best thing you can do is just save all your containers.. Gallons, 2 liters, liter bottles, water, pop, everything....So, this way, you can always know exactly how much you need, are bringing, etc....certain amount per plant....then multiply, etc....no more, no less.....nutes I'm sometimes off because I do all by eye, but, usually, just leaving patches with hand spade and any extra nutes (can put in pocket of sweats...)

Furthermore......
If your constantly doing a lot like me.....you just fill and mix empties (with nutes) when you like, because you know that doesn't matter, your going to use them one place or another :smoke: (I should have taken pic last week when I had like 10-20 of those bags filled sitting around :smoke:) Whenever I get a minute, the urge.... I just fill and mix and set em aside and bag em....

Edit: And , depending, you can always just take em back to refill and use again....I just toss em in dumpster by factory before coming out of space because I have more than I could ever use anyway :biglaugh:

Last edited:

pumpkin2006

Julian, I always get a little peeved when I read about "100 different sites people could grow in"..... its just not true for everyone. I wish I was in an environment like you, but I have to be more "sophisticated" and use irrigation. I have, on the average (which is often less), then 1/2" rain in july and very similar amounts in august. It would be impossible for me to throw plants outside and let nature take care of them. All of the native grasses are very brown at this point and the only things that are living are either watered, or trees. So I do pass 100 different sites I could grow in every day, if we had rain... its just not possible for many.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just means then you have to take other measures to make those 100 more suitable.....

So, set up irrigation if spot enables, make visits, water manual (night, once a week..) Go a little deeper...use crystals....all of the above or countless other variations.....

You convince yourself you can't, and you can't. Period. Boards have people growing in almost every region in US and many outside, so, to say a site is not possible...well, not true....(And, on that note....you know how many people actually do have to haul in water to sites? A LOT...)

Spot dictates the method.....some spots easier than others, some not, but, people grow in all of em....I'd do a hell of a lot less in different area, but, would still be running something :smoke:...(And, that's where I am where I am....so I can do what I am....and, when I find a better place?.....Well, will then do it there :smoke:

What you can, where you can, when you can,how you can......so then your limitation is how much can you haul and when.....There is an answer to that question...

Could also get ahead and leave some on site at any time...(Offseason, before season...can also try and capture more of the rain that you do get....)

No one ever said it was easy....(No, I don't haul water in, but, instead, my time is spent on other tasks....if I did?, tasks would change, but, either way, my time is just as occupied as anyone else's....

Note: I'm a hardcore disturbed workaholic..(seriously...I am one sick obsessed fuck....)...if I had to? I'd be doing runs every day/night, 7 days a week the entire season...If that's what it takes...

It's all up to you (anyone) how much effort you want to put forth, but...."impossible"?

Rarely does that word actually apply....

Nothing's free brother....still gotta "put in the work" one way or another :smoke:

Other notes:
The above being said (yours), then answers might be things such as to go later, save yourself 2-3 months extra work....go later, go tighter (planting/spacing), use months before to accumulate and stock sites, etc.....

A problem is not a problem if there's a readily identifiable solution....

(that's mine btw...:smoke:)

Last edited:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good read so far Julian, but you spend a little to much time on the computer to classify yourself a workaholic, lol. Don't ya think? Good job though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.