What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MASSIVE OUTDOOR GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hes harvesting end june?? Must be some super fast auto flower?!?

Julian is this why you aint been around 4 a bit? :smoke:

Just kiddin ;)

A

argoagro

Man Caught Harvesting Marijuana Above Dan Ryan Near U.S. Cellular Field

Updated: Friday, 25 Jun 2010, 5:37 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 25 Jun 2010, 12:43 PM CDT

Sun-Times Media Wire

Chicago - Thousands of marijuana plants were found growing on a rail embankment 20 feet above the Dan Ryan Expressway near U.S. Cellular Field and a Southwest Side man is facing drug charges after he was found harvesting the plants, according to police.

Lorenzo Jones, 45, of the 3100 block of West 63rd Place in Marquette Park is charged with one count of felony cannabis production with 5 to 20 plants, police News Affairs officer Darryl Baety said.

Officers with the police Transit Unit were patrolling Thursday when they spotted a man going to an area of the Metra embankment above the Dan Ryan near South LaSalle Street. He was allegedly picking leaves from multiple marijuana plants, Wentworth District police said.

The location is secluded and just south of the 35th Street overpass that leads to U.S. Cellular Field, police said.

The Dan Ryan side of the embankment belongs to the city, while the LaSalle Street side belongs to Metra’s Rock Island line, according to Metra spokeswoman Judy Pardonet.

After police informed the railroad, Metra workers pulled 1,400 plants out of it’s side of the embankment. Metra plans to use weed killer to take out the rest and will work with the city to clear the other side of the embankment, Pardonet said.

The marijuana was in a space about the size of a football field plus a city block, she said, and was planted among regular weeds.

“They were planted strategically around and interspersed with regular weeds,” Pardonet said. “I have no doubt [the growers came to the area] several times.”

The plants, some as high as five feet, would have fully matured in August, she said.

Hopefully nobody here, but gosh it sounds an awful lot like a nice city spot, would love to know if he was going there in the day

mefistyou

I remember J posting news stories about some fuckhead messing with the tracks around Chicago, and the possible future implications his actions might bring due to an increased presence in and around possible "spots". Well, I sure hope J is still doing his thing and is safe and sound....I've got my fingers crossed for you J.

Good find arg, and thanks for sharing.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm well, thanks. Offline for...last 2 weeks? (my last monitor up went down, just finally grabbed a new 24"....)

Going to stop in and address the last couple when I get a chance and shut it down for now, wanted to add some final (for now) thoughts, but, regarding the above.,.....

1. 1000's present.....
2. Charged with 5-20. (Very kind of arresting officers if their call on it....)

:smoke:

Nothing bad about that (with no priors, IL, that's probation :smoke: Norml states to 50. I knew someone IL cracked with 220 and loaded pistol in pocket who got probation, so.......)

Been swamped, out of house 20-22hrs a day, 7 days a week for the most part....(have been for weeks)

Hope all are well, having good season, will add more and close it down for the time being when I get a chance.

Best wishes to all of course. Great season weather wise so far.

Afterthought/note:
Regarding the above......above illustrates quite well emphasis on leaving urban guerrilla alone....ie: Sounds like he fuckin had it.......in final stretch...if he would have stayed away for 90 days?.....and access as situation/location call(ed) for?....

No doubt would have hit high 6 figures, possible broke 7.....

The above?.......all that prevented that (bringing them all in) was but a mere alteration of access/procedure.......

The negative will say "see, was bad idea...bad spot"...

My take?......was obviously a very good spot if had 1000's up to 5 feet and what gave it away was him accessing....

He had that fucker in the bag.......but, as above, and recently...Urban Guerrilla, key is your access...(translation of above: He was there sexing them....would lay money down it was daytime.....)

Don't know who that was.......no clue, but, my heart goes out to them....happy only 5-20 charge, but heartbroken how close they came (he had it.....it was good as brought in if he would just have stayed away.....)..

Let the above be a valuable lesson (real life, black and white) on many levels to people regarding such...

6 figure urban.......all blown and brought down by a single lapse in security protocol...

By the tone of it?.....most likely is someone here or someone who spoke with someone here......

I'm very sorry for their loss......and my heart goes out to them for all lost effort and labor.....but I take comfort in the lenience shown regarding charge(s)....but, nobody knows truth...(could even have been just a hired hand, partner, worker on something with someone, etc.....1000's?......:smoke:....lot of work and prep for a single person...(if truly a single man op.....enormous amount of work for single person....(done it.....)

Last edited:

maxkravitz

Old grower/lurker... New Poster

Old grower/lurker... New Poster

Been following thread for three years. I have grown many things OD from urban grows w/ several trees hidden among tomato plants in the garden undetected 20' from neighbors who puff mad blunts to larger guerilla grows on large rural properties. Some years are good. Some years are bad, and some years are great. Even the best methods in a very bad weather season won't make a huge difference in yield or quality. We are truly farmers but have the added challenge of farming using guerilla tactics. This thread has improved my technique in several ways. Obviously, many many little tips on detailed aspects of specific procedures here and there throughout the thread are extremely valuable, but the best way this has changed my technique is the change in mindset and outlook. Could write three pages of my thoughts (positive) on this thread, but I will start w/ this in this post. As time permits I will contribute as much knowledge as I can to this collective. Jules and all other meaningful contributors, Thanks much :tiphat:.

Jules, Great insight in picking out the fact that the cat was not "harvesting", but in fact, yanking males. You'd think that LEO would have a better idea of how an OD season progresses if that is how they make their living. How do you know the plants were 5'? Continued good weather all for the rest of the season.

mefistyou

Glad to see all is the "norm" for you J, and that you're still doing you're thing.

Would love to hear (learn) from any tips or techniques you are willing to share about OD grows Max.

It's funny, I've divided this thread into several catagories over the years. You have your "grow op" info, your "security" info, your "financial" (legit and non-legit) info, and your (what I refer to as) "philosophy" info...all golden, and all info everyone should read. It's this last section I'm focusing on today, because I just drove by my (what I thought was) best spot for my planned "mini's" to see the whole area leveled...clones were just taken and rooting as we speak....but, I see this as a possitive, better now than a month from now. So to a back-up spot they will go.

mefistyou

:) sounds like some advice I have been following. Thanks for looking out for me. Just had to sigh outloud when I saw the place was leveled, because it was perfect (up until it all got chopped lol). On to plan B (& C, & D, &....)

A

argoagro

Good find arg, and thanks for sharing.

I can't take the credit, the post right before mine was a less informative news report of it, just did some googling.

J, I agree, really seems like someone who has read this thread, however after google mapping & street views of this spot (fyi the article is wrong, there is no s. lasalle st anywhere near the dan ryan) he must not have read that much. Wouldn't even think about going there in the daytime, but I think we all knew that anyways ;)

thunderpig

Theres been a lot of big busts around here recently. There was a 1400 plant bust back in May, and I recently caught wind of another 1200 plants discovered in a cornfield. Both of these are out of character for my region (rural, poor.)

My numbers are nothing near that high, but it makes a guy anxious when the DEA is in town.

My best wishes to everyone this year. Be careful and smart out there...

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, I had a few minutes and now have even less......

Going to close out because lost out this year, and don't feel "entitled" to speak of such if not up to neck in it.....

Since now rebuilding from scratch and much deeper than up to neck, I feel more than entitled to address such and some mentioned above...

Pleased to be of assistance to anyone, offer anything.....as always, my only purpose and desire, so, glad of use.....

Regarding the above?, initial seemed as though AF run, but dates still wouldn't coincide for region (unless was some initial in, and then moved out, maybe shaving a week or two.....), but then statement of "picking leaves" throws sexing into the mix.....(again, if would have been AF, if would have been all fem, we would not be reading this article, and, suspect would be looking at slips at Burnham and a new boat :smoke:....(or anything else remotely similar :smoke:), which throws the minor nuances into the mix.

(On that note, trying to get an AF fem batch (seed) done as we speak for future if I end up getting stuck in same old, so I have stock for next year if am doing the same.....time getting tight.....)

Rebuilding, what is possible?.....

My schedule as above....and doing what has to be done.....very good chance all my matters might finally drop through (bigger and better and larger directions), but, in the meantime, basically where I was way back when (building bulb by bulb, doing whatever possible, trying to re-establish a business or two...penny by penny, minute by minute......accepting(ance) of a reason for everything, and just trying to take everything day by day......on one hand a absolutely endless fuckin nightmare....on the other, every day a joyous celebration of life and realization of many things........and convinced a reason for exactly where I am at the moment.....taking comfort in will be somewhere else soon (in life), and as earlier, really would love to share in future......(even those who have known me all my life can't believe what I am doing, where I am, and how I am doing it......)

I'm sure all this could be of use to many.....and as earlier, I am thankful for many things...one of which being having to rebuild based on what I know and who I am, of which none was when I had to before....:smoke: (If I only knew then what I know now kinda thing).....

I feel a little anger and bitterness sometimes on several levels......(wasting my time on meaningless small matters when could be spent on much more significant matters).....but, again...maybe a reason (surely a reason) and, I see such daily......experience realizations/enlightenment daily.........

My day today was woke up from my hour or two of overdue sleep to messages and calls regarding ill family from hospital(s) and doctors and nurses and family...."emergency" calls from a "job" far beneath me but something I am enjoying as much as anything ever done....(about problems which a monkey could be trained in an hour to avoid in the first place)....have to take a quick shower (which I dislike in the first place...they just "don't take" :biglaugh:) and then run out to set up another smaller op (and stop to pull some things out of storage to set up a couple more bulbs somewhere this week).....then run out and deal with medical issues in person (stop and change into suit, clean up), then change again afterwards and go out and work for maybe 16hrs (of course, many emergency calls in the process I'm sure....), then afterwards, stop in and check on another smaller op quick, then possibly deliver some starts somewhere, then back in for hopefully a couple "free" minutes, then my hour or two of sleep, then start it all over again......

Good, bad, this, that......it is what it is......and such will be the case for me until further notice....

I encounter people all day long, day in and day out who complain of their circumstances, yet clearly do not devote 100% to changing them....and the first to acknowledge that I am the only one responsible for my current situation, and accept that and move on.....

(I wish I had 5,000 out somewhere, and could take comfort in knowing Oct. will be "right" again...:smoke:...I may or may not (as a result of all efforts combined).......but it is what it is......many also expect to acheive something overnight, not "putting in the work"...

I'll be right again...I'll be underway with things discussed earlier (med, west), and in the end, all will only be the direct result of thousands of hours of effort put forth...

Alas......another 2 calls and now time up for the day...:smoke:, so........I hope all are well.........I hope all well into season and grateful for being such......I miss many things.....that being one......and as above...seems like years now when only an off season and partial season...(6-7 months)

I add this because nature of thread was possibilities......what it takes to do things....how to do things, so, as always..."relevance"....well......I see quite a bit myself :smoke:.....and outs?.....well, truth of the matter is did indeed have some spots, and, have starts, but, their all going in, efforts are going towards in's....(and will have batches coming in during time of lower supply/pre harvest..:smoke:), so.....

Would like to address things above missed when a chance.....and then close it out for now......and then continue.......as it is a certainty, some very good things will come again (and large :smoke:)....the biggest and best thing not in my past, to be certain :smoke:......so.....

Best wishes to all and will stop back when I get a chance, and, hope all are well.....

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quick extra note/afterthought:
I still maintain all this the best thing that has ever happened...experiencing a lot of things I wasn't......many new takes on many things, etc.......(and what is necessary in such times......ie: draw what you can from it, move forward, and take with you what is worthy of such and will be beneficial in future.......)

Wish I could share a little more (specifics) but, times up.....and starting another day far behind schedule.....:smoke: (ehh, I'll catch up......I just had to stop to smell those flowers on the way :smoke: :biglaugh:).......

A

argoagro

Regarding a/f's. Most of mine turned out to be failures, between deer, SLUGS mostly, and a f' up on the weather predictions- multiple sources said heavy soaking rains that night & the following night, they said this for a week in advance all the way up until I left my house and put out 40 or so. Bone dry for a week! and couldn't/didn't water, should have but kept expecting those rains + spot is sketchy & perfect @ same time.

Either way I saw those recently, there will still be a zip or two down there, and I learned some valuable lessons for the late season mini runs. J I think you will LOVE them, they are like mini's except ready soon :) Also, yes, that pre-harvest dry spell always happens so next year in's & a/f's will bring in A LOT and should give me a little monopoly ;)

I was able to pre-sex them very easily, and the run of the crappy origina LR's that I couldn't pre-sex it was easy to cull the males 3 weeks later by monliught, they were twice the size and full on, yet I don't think the girls got seeded much at all since they only had a pistil here & there.

Good news is that I know the technique for that spot for next year better then I ever could have planned for.

TLoft13

Maybe the chicagoer urban guerilla had pre-flowering on regular plants?
If and when it happens i use the opportunity to kill the males, too.
Makes no sense to keep them alive, check them and care for them.
Greetings and a "Good Season!" to all of you!
TLoft13

maxkravitz

Surprise! Early Harvest.

Surprise! Early Harvest.

Yesterday I harvested about 15 plants. I couldn't believe it. I never planned on anything so early. Last season I procured some early genetics from a different site. They didn't do so hot, but neither did my bread and butter stuff. The weather was terrible for me last season. I also was unable to get to all of the males last season. Hence, I have a ridiculous seed stock of a bunch of different unknown lines. I kept the beans from all plants seperate. This year, I planted a smorgasbord of last years seeds. The early genetics that I bought last year that crossed(last year) must have been the ones that I harvested yesterday (full of seeds b/c I didn't get to males this year either). Based on sight they appeared to be of higher quality, but only time and a true test will tell. Nonetheless, they were earlier than anything that I harvested last year. They were started on 4/1, planted out on 5/9, and harvested on7/5.

HOVAH2.0

Julian, Lately Ive been very paranoid....and overly cautious i think,

Is this a good thing? is this healthy? Am i surpose to ignore it?

Does it every go away? Will i learn to live with it?

How do you handle the stress of growing and what to do whenever i constantly second guess myself ?

Last year the paranoia went away during flowering, maybe because i knew the end was near....

TLoft13

Julian, Lately Ive been very paranoid....and overly cautious i think,

Is this a good thing? is this healthy? Am i surpose to ignore it?

Does it every go away? Will i learn to live with it?

How do you handle the stress of growing and what to do whenever i constantly second guess myself ?

Last year the paranoia went away during flowering, maybe because i knew the end was near....

I hope you don't mind if i chime in!?

IMHO you can't be to cautious, this game is serious. Your security meausures will become second nature, the paranoia will go away with experience. You will -emotionally-realize that nobody can look into your head, nor your bag, not the cops, nobody. Nowadays my heartrate barely rises when i see cops during my dope activities.
Now the battle is not to become too relaxed, not slacking with security.
Hope this may help you!
TLoft13

HOVAH2.0

thanks 4 advise, the fear subsided after visiting plot that had big numbers, afterwards all

was well...... its my 1st time growin this big, i dont want fear/paranoia to take away my

attention to detail, or overlook anything

really , amazing thread,very gratefull ,blown away,thanks all common sense but u cover every base thank you very much julian
i didnt think an internet thread could change my outlooks /directions in life but this one just has /could maybe should thanks again

be safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts