What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MASSIVE OUTDOOR GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pakalolo420 said:
You make good points. My post was aimed at someone who had probably hadn't tried growing outdoors and would be unlikely to begin on a large scale, someone who wanted to dip their toe before jumping in. Most people will start small to see how it all works before trying to do more. And most of your advice would in fact apply to and be useful to them as well.
True....true, of course.......volume usually a gradual process and culmination in many cases, but, still possible for even people new/small...etc...

(ie: many people think about numbers instead of thinking about the "space"....ie: someone deciding to start today , as we speak....because smaller, still might be able to run 100-200+ in a small backyard garden area, etc, etc.,......I have another new guy I picked up yesterday , and, going to do him this week actually (maybe 100 or so small in small yard /garden space...germed those yesterday for em.....should be running over to spot tonight to get em ready, maybe by weekend of so have those in for em....That one probably like....eh, whatever...20-30% or something...not a lot to start out with, so, want the guy to see some weight....)
Once one has grown and is less intimidated by the idea, then one can consider scaling up.
True.......but, the other thing I think of sometimes is also I literally cannot even begin to count the times I have done things, only to have person halfway through say "we should have run more" :biglaugh: (At which point I say "fuck, you want more?, how many?, I can have em ready in a week :biglaugh:".....

I know man, I was just point out my initial intentions were about how effortlessly one can scale up.....(I would never recommend someone go large first time out...people do, and have, but, you want to be well versed (and, as such, about to control the process....)
I think my first outdoor grow was three plants. I probably got a few joints worth and I was thrilled.
:biglaugh: I always like the "first " stories :biglaugh:

My first was actually an out in about 84' or so.......600 plants in county forest preserves....dutch stock (Seed Bank?/SSSC?)...spent about 2 years previous to that reading all the books I could find........I think I was about 15...16... :smoke:

:biglaugh:

I think all would agree the first one is really a major event.....from then on...usually all easy sailing..(like anything in life...do one, get the hang of it.....and, your good to go....doubt removed.....more confident, etc....)

Edit: Most who know me, and, my posts over the years know that's my "way"....one of my methods......a lot of partnerships....most of the time other supplying the space, therefore being able to have many pieces, or many things at the same time simultaneous to my own.....

Also things people can do......and, many have :smoke: Yet another angle to what can, and cannot be done regardless of ones situation......(ie: Sure, maybe you don't have space...maybe someone does....Maybe they don't know how to grow, but, you do, etc....kind of triples ones options :smoke:)

(That's how my 4,000 acre spot originally came to pass.....guy....some land.....an interest..... really no knowledge.....was into making a couple bucks and some knowledge......only needed guy to show me the survey/boundaries.......rest is history :smoke:)

Last edited:

Maroc_PP

Julian, what a brilliant thread! have you considered writing a 'warts and all - Guerrilla's Guide' book. I'd buy it ... seriously I would!

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well thanks man......flattered and humbled.....very nice of you to say...

Book?...well, who ever said I haven't already? :smoke:

How are those PP's(FMS) doin?.....mine triggered rather early....a little too early......assumed light cycles triggered em prematurely, but, they were fine for quite a while, so......(never ran them before....)

DP PP's doing great last thing I heard...lot of em (ones that should have been topped and weren't:cuss: :biglaugh: ) already almost 10ft this wekend from what I hear...so, definitely are not letting me down regarding growth (and their early performance...)

Last edited:

Maroc_PP

Julian said:
Well thanks man......flattered and humbled.....very nice of you to say...

No problem, you make a very interesting read.

Julian said:
Book?...well, who ever said I haven't already? :smoke:

WHERE? :)

Julian said:
How are those PP's(FMS) doin?.....mine triggered rather early....a little too early......assumed light cycles triggered em prematurely, but, they were fine for quite a while, so......(never ran them before....)

The PP's are doing fine even in this dreadful English 'summer' we're having. They are over 6ft tall :rasta:

The Maroc's also from FMS are flowering now and will be ready come mid September.

Julian said:
DP PP's doing great last thing I heard...lot of em (ones that should have been topped and weren't:cuss: :biglaugh: ) already almost 10ft this wekend from what I hear...so, definitely are not letting me down regarding growth (and their early performance...)

The PPP's and Dutch Dragons are also doing very well, I'm surprised as both Nirvana & Paradise Seeds recommend growing in a Mediterranean environment which England most definitely isn't :badday:

Here's some Vids from my visit this weekend;

PPP

Purple Power

Maroc

EDIT; Looking back on the Vids myself I'm having problems with Bindweeds wrapping around my plants like a coil and dragging them down. What is the best way of killing these, just snip the base of the coil growth, there is loads of it everywhere :bashhead:

Last edited:

Pimpslapped

Maybe I'm in a crappy area, maybe I just have bad luck with people... It's just refreshing for me to see the attitudes here. Sharing, trying to help people out that you have never met and will likely never meet. Not something I see much of around where I live, especially when dealing with the 'drug' scene (Not that I do much there anymore, down to a few smoking friends for the most part these days... kids are starting to scare me.).

The more I realize how EASY it is to grow this stuff, the more confused I get as to why people are dying left and right. I live in a town with maybe 30k population and we've had several drug related shooting deaths in the last few days. This shit is fucked up... meth labs everywhere... makes me wanna go off and live in a cave somewhere half the time. Then I log in here to find such a sense of goodwill and sharing. Definitely inspiring.

I don't sell, I live off a crap job and make ends meet right now and I still don't think $100.00 is worth killing somebody over. So am I the one with the character flaw, or are they? Sigh... :badday:

Sorry for the offtopic rant there, but sometimes one has to vent.

I'm in the process of scouting out sites for the spring, I could try to squeeze in a late run outdoors but circumstances make that unlikely (Will be first time going outdoors, only 1 indoor grow under my belt... taking my time here). It's funny how some of the simple, basic issues keep slowing me down. Got my eye on a few sites outside of town, but so far I'm having issues with of all things Parking. Plenty of areas with good potential but nowhere I can find to actually leave my vehicle without it sticking out like a sore thumb and likely drawing unwanted attention. Plus I'd rather not come back to find my vehicle towed or ticketed. Simple little common sense sort of things, but still working my way around how work them out specific to my situation and locale.

Julian said:
I do understand, and, I do accept and respect all others needs and desires, but, my personally philosophy is I am not going to go down for ps.....

Quick question here, ps? are you refering to lbs, or something else? Sorry, not up on all the shorthand sometimes.

clearcutter

Pimpslapped said:
I'm in the process of scouting out sites for the spring
In the past i've always scouted for locations early spring before putting stuff out, or late fall. And every year i'd run into the same problems. What looks great in early spring would be all grown in and shady come mid summer. :bashhead: This year i'm looking for next years spots will the vegetation is at it's thickest.

pakalolo420

clearcutter said:
In the past i've always scouted for locations early spring before putting stuff out, or late fall. And every year i'd run into the same problems. What looks great in early spring would be all grown in and shady come mid summer. :bashhead: This year i'm looking for next years spots will the vegetation is at it's thickest.

Yep, now and into the Fall's the time to find your spots for next year. You'll be able to see what's green, how the late season sun angles work etc. You can live with some high angle sun filtered through leaves in the longest days of summer if you have uninterrupted low angle Fall sun for flowering. That's critical. And if you live in a place where summer's apt to be dry, spots that look lush and green late this summer probably won't need to be watered next.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maroc_PP said:
The PP's are doing fine even in this dreadful English 'summer' we're having. They are over 6ft tall :rasta:
Well........I haven't ran them before and figured I would try a quick run and see if I liked em (maybe run again)...Looks kike they're much earlier than I thought and I had hreard.......glad I did small test run (no more than 200....)
The Maroc's also from FMS are flowering now and will be ready come mid September.
I heard those are looking fairly well, and, the same....looks like earlier than expected......waiting to see what I think (was tempted early on to do these at my city spots for various reasons, didn't work that way....
The PPP's and Dutch Dragons are also doing very well, I'm surprised as both Nirvana & Paradise Seeds recommend growing in a Mediterranean environment which England most definitely isn't :badday:
Highest and best climate is.....all depends on finishing dates.....should do well anywhere conditions are good (sun , etc..)
EDIT; Looking back on the Vids myself I'm having problems with Bindweeds wrapping around my plants like a coil and dragging them down. What is the best way of killing these, just snip the base of the coil growth, there is loads of it everywhere :bashhead:
I've known those as Creeping Charlies and I think a fascinating look at the true plant world :smoke:

(They are, indeed, wrapping themselves around it trying to kill everything else vying for sunlight, water and nutes.......I always just strip area and cut and work off plants...usually when I clip everything ground level, get it all away, it's fine for a while..........yeah, those are a serious pita.....)

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pimpslapped said:
The more I realize how EASY it is to grow this stuff, the more confused I get as to why people are dying left and right. I live in a town with maybe 30k population and we've had several drug related shooting deaths in the last few days. This shit is fucked up... meth labs everywhere... makes me wanna go off and live in a cave somewhere half the time. Then I log in here to find such a sense of goodwill and sharing. Definitely inspiring.
Because your talking other colors......different story.(The violence is not over the product, it's over coverage.....)....Different product.....different business.....
I don't sell, I live off a crap job and make ends meet right now and I still don't think $100.00 is worth killing somebody over. So am I the one with the character flaw, or are they? Sigh... :badday:
It's age because once they hit late 20's they realize doing life wasn't worth the 500 bucks or the perceived status gained from it....

Violence bad for business.....

Doesn't matter what business.......
I'm in the process of scouting out sites for the spring, I could try to squeeze in a late run outdoors but circumstances make that unlikely (Will be first time going outdoors, only 1 indoor grow under my belt... taking my time here). It's funny how some of the simple, basic issues keep slowing me down. Got my eye on a few sites outside of town, but so far I'm having issues with of all things Parking. Plenty of areas with good potential but nowhere I can find to actually leave my vehicle without it sticking out like a sore thumb and likely drawing unwanted attention. Plus I'd rather not come back to find my vehicle towed or ticketed. Simple little common sense sort of things, but still working my way around how work them out specific to my situation and locale.
Not too late to get out a run of small ones...(almost too late, will be shortly...)....Actually......imo......might not be a bad "exercise" for the first time grower...(couple small ones, dones quick, etc....)

Might not be bad at all......:smoke: (exposure and experience without an entire season and 60% of the problems that accompany it.... )

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
clearcutter said:

Well, you always want more open spots, etc, but, if not gas powered...can also always use electric trimmers.....even manual......(I trim down almost all spots once or twice a season...usually pretty quick and if good enough somewhat permanent...little trimming can open things up a lot (sun, lowers, circulation, etc.....)

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
star crash said:
Lemme ask you.......the top center to left has a nice treeline back there...(really nice)....Did you ever consider straight in ground worked into treeline and bushes?....Nice prepped hole probably double your yield, less temp and water issues in ground then bags, better security and stealth, and, also, no tipping issues later on.....

G

hi J ... points well taken & i been there & done that ...

what you see are in the previous post are late starts in veg waiting to be be selected for further exploration ...

your stream of thoughts are well appreciated by many

peace

star crash

J, Thanks for the response on permits.. I think that this
Yeah, so, in short.......lot of people miss that:
In many cases "permit" equals higher future property taxes (Which are bad for you, and, also affect property resale as higher property taxes will be passed onto buyer now...)

and

visibility-dumpster-addition= permit makes everything thing clear thanks a bunch..
I can now with just a small post understand the motivations of both sides.. and what appearances and motivations can help.

I must also thank you for getting myself outside more this year.. I've been stuck in a indoor rut.. thinking "inside the box" if you will. : D F' that I could of listened to my handlers... but no.

And yeah the Juice in life gets to be to much.. everywhere the gov is looking to squeeze us somehow,, someway..

Pimpslapped

Julian said:
Violence bad for business.....

Doesn't matter what business.......

Now we just need to convince all the street punks of that... and our government. That's a daunting task to say the least. But that's always been my philosophy, I avoid violence and always have. (Other than violent movies and games of course, but hey.. gotta have some outlets).

But hell, if it came down to it... I'd rather do time for weed than for blowing somebody away. At least then my conscience would be clear.

Julian said:
Not too late to get out a run of small ones...(almost too late, will be shortly...)....Actually......imo......might not be a bad "exercise" for the first time grower...(couple small ones, dones quick, etc....)

Might not be bad at all......:smoke: (exposure and experience without an entire season and 60% of the problems that accompany it.... )

It's very tempting, going to try and get out to a spot or two this week and see if I can get them prepped, but I'm not worrying about it too much just yet. I've been lazy and haven't gotten my shit together really, plus dealing with various factors that limit my time currently.

I need to do some reading as well, since there are a disproportionate ammount of pine/evergreen trees around most of my potential spots right now. I remember reading about pine needles being problematic, but I can't really remember where. Trying to track that down.

On the plus side, I did locate a source for kelp meal locally... so my organics just got a boost.

Last edited:

Pimpslapped

GorillaGrower said:
Don't.. I had no clue either!! I was sitting here for like 3 minutes.. I thought it was anything but personal stash. I lol when I saw you asked what it was.

So at least I'm not the only one. Here, I'll split one with ya... :joint:

I'm not always good at translating the shorthand, but figured folks in this thread are friendly enough that asking won't hurt too bad. Personal stash isn't a term I use often, don't really even use stash... so it wasn't really high on my list of options.

I want to heartily thank everyone here and I'll even smoke y'all out if I ever get the chance, though the odds of that are pretty slim. It's refreshing to be in a thread that's gone this long, dealing with what many would consider a somewhat controversial topic.. and we're all being reasonable adults. This is a true rarity on the internet and is to be treasured. Thanks! :friends:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts