What's new

MASSIVE OUTDOOR GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.

antimatter

Veteran
Weekday early mornings are always best around here you don't have to worry about anybody sneaking up on ya or seeing you unloading supplies; forestry/hikers/atvs etc. I always finish my spots that im working on in 1 trip so my exposure is not the same as being at 1 location for 5 days. I don't like to beat myself up for 10 hours up on a mountain, I wanna be fresh every day 2-4 hours of productive work is a lot more satisfying than fatiguing and getting injured in the bush.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Of course, agreed...starting point for anything of significance is for one to know their ability, themselves, their physical strength, work within ones comfort zone, their locations, etc......

So what's the fine print?......ie: How many hrs to start, what kind of light source, when do they go out, etc.....(one of the considerations regarding efficiency with volume....start them in containers too large, increases veg space, reduces count per round...start them smaller (pellets), have to go out that much sooner.....get stuck in a transplant, your veg space and effort just tripled, along with you just reduced your effective transport in line with the transplant, etc,........

Each and every specific thing having an effect on risk, exposure, efficiency, workload, etc.....

(I did a lot last year just in pellets...started in pellets, maxed their veg, straight into ground.....max efficiency regarding starts, minimal transport space, planting simple and quick, etc........going to stick with that from now on as has worked extremely well and quite efficient, but did note that with AF's, might have to go one step larger depending on schedules and veg spaces available, as plant is further in that much quicker..(although I prefer the pellets straight out...max's efficiency for every aspect imho...I've always started things as close as possible under 1k's with extremely light nutes, so.....my turnaround with those has been as above....10 days or less...depending...had some pics also last year (yr before?) of things that went out as early as 6 days from cracked seed with 6" roots.....so........

I have done early ones many times in the 3" ers, which I liked.....can get them fairly large (per se) fairly quick..great root system, but, then again, reduces numbers, more work, etc (and, yes, not much more work, but, when you multiply that work per round, by hundreds, throughout a season...well...add's up to quite a bit......add's a little for transport (more trips), adds for planting (more work each one,) and on and on and on.....

Volume about greatest efficiency.......otherwise setting ones self up for a friggin nightmare to come (just as how one gets them in sets up season...planning and execution sets up your workload down the road.....)

Scheduling, efficiency, transport, planting......each and every aspect I feel very important....numerous things can cause a backup and multiply your work.......so...(and all of those a factor regarding "how easy" something is/can be/should be.........)

Thinking through your overview before one proceeds can uncover weak spots in efficiency and planning, etc...so.......why discussed earlier I think essential for one to go through, forwards and backwards and then again as much as possible regarding execution......

For anything and everything an alternative method which may very well reduce workload, increase efficiency, etc....

When one addresses all these factors......your essentially reducing your true workload to harvest.......which, if volume, no matter what, one pretty much cannot escape :smoke:....

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So you 2 are doing 1,000 fems each huh? :smoke:..... I personally would like to see start pics....(I don't care about finish pics....they get old......what always excites me the most is prep pics :smoke:.......)

(I'll get some up at some point when I can figure out exactly what was done to pics and uploading and such.....)

Good luck.........as above...can cut it all up into manageable steps......don't listen to anyone who says it can't be done....(many will....and the ones who do have never tried, and most likely never tried because they convinced themselves it's not possible so they never will.......never listen to one who has done less, who doesn't have the vision....who doesn't have the desire........doing so has had negative effects on people since the beginning of time...Nothing of significance has ever been accomplished by such people....and never will.....

5 10' x 20' plots.......and, worth repeating.......I know senior citizens who have such plots :smoke:,so..........

Entirely possible, and, actually possible to work smarter and reduce your workload.....but also possible to increase your workload, so.........

Don't forget security.........your working higher numbers....and such numbers no joke.....(neither is the payoff though....:smoke:)

(Don't forget also the effectiveness of multiple rounds, etc.....ie: If my turnaround is 10 days, and I end up with 40 days left, can do 4 rounds in those 40 days......etc, etc, etc.....Maybe finish...take a break....have more energy, etc, have more drive left, etc......)

Good luck to everyone...we all always could use as much as possible :smoke:.....

antimatter

Veteran
Ive been told it takes a few years to get a handle on the outdoor and I believe it there is a lot of mental preparation and planning compared to just growing some plants in your backyard. Auger and rototiller are on my list of things to buy to increase efficiency, maybe get a donkey and plough that would be awesome on so many levels, not to mention the best and only growing partner.

I don't document my activities, sometimes its best to leave that to others imaginations :)

Question after finishing up putting the sprouts in my peat pellets I realized it would be much faster and efficient to put them in just after soaking them in water 24 hours, this first run was a pain because I had em sitting in paper towels to long, taproots were a pain to deal with because of the height of pellets.

B

buddymate

Posthole driller AKA Auger is a must antimatter,and as you said a lot of this game is mental as well as physical.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
antimatter said:
Ive been told it takes a few years to get a handle on the outdoor and I believe it there is a lot of mental preparation and planning compared to just growing some plants in your backyard.
Assuming indoor experience and as much outdoor research as possible...(if not, should be.....and, not going to be what you expect.....)

There is absolutely no valid reason for one not to be as fully prepared for such an endeavor as possible...(common problem with many...)

Not impossible but unless well versed on process (at the least), I'd say to expect problems you will not expect.
Auger and rototiller are on my list of things to buy to increase efficiency, maybe get a donkey and plough that would be awesome on so many levels, not to mention the best and only growing partner.
Can find augers with bits now as cheap as under $300. Can get used rototillers on craigslist for pennies.

Should have all been in budget from planning stage and acquired and tested before initial use.
I don't document my activities, sometimes its best to leave that to others imaginations :)
You are right now.
Question after finishing up putting the sprouts in my peat pellets I realized it would be much faster and efficient to put them in just after soaking them in water 24 hours, this first run was a pain because I had em sitting in paper towels to long, taproots were a pain to deal with because of the height of pellets.
What saves time and spreads the work out is to check often, and plant/place upon cracked so you avoid any sitting too long. You don't want to place in advance as unsure of success rates....sometimes assume and go back and place another, and just slow and you end up with a bunch with 2 or even more in them.

Volume should also be cut up into certain quantities, otherwise you run the risk of "losing your place", forgetting where you were, which again leads to sometimes multiples planted per container. (And even then will probably do it anyway)

Best of luck....hope all turns out well....

Last edited:

antimatter

Veteran
I'll look into getting an auger next year I wont go cheap, probably pick up Stihl BT 121, but this year im sticking with my mattock its fast, not for deep holes only shallow planting beds got 600 sq f done so far i'll get the other 400 done by friday and plant when seedlings are ready to go out. I budget for what I need and if theres a bit leftover I can pick up extra stuff along the way.

Fast_Pine

I personally prefer to put in the long hours all at once......Have done probably up to 48hrs straight on site before....multiple visits increases exposure and risk.....ie: 5 trips, 5 times more risk.....Just my opinion.....

Sounds good on packaging.....(pre mix and package all supplies in advance so can readily (quickly) apply.........always done the same with my dry mixes....)

Good luck.

This subject is something of serious interest to me recently, as ive been driving to and from the patch so much I cant fuckin stand it anymore!

For me, its come down to, biting off more than I can chew. meaning that physicaly I am having a hard time keeping up with the demands ive put on myself. Numbers, timelines, strains, etc,, all HAVE to be 100% on point.

What am I to do when I need to take 20 treys to the Mtn that night but my truck only holds 16, and I can only hike 12 up the hillside before total physical collapse.

I am forced to come back to the plot the next day an finnish up the work that didnt get done.

I have a tendency to "hyperfocus" on my work, so 48hrs straight would be waaaay too much for me. A coupple days ago I did 18hrs straight, and almost fell asleep at the wheel a coupple times on the way home. Was too tired to eat, and needed a full 24Hrs to recover..

Having a plan, the propper gear,good timing and some physical endurance seems to be what gets me through till the last plug is in and the work is done.

Little things make a big difference..Example:

A bulb planter(auger) attached to a long shovel handle saves me from having to bend over 400+ times in one day.

or, if not using a bulb auger,,

Knee pads can extend the time one is able to be comfortably down on the ground transplanting.

..Combine little things like these, and one can stay in the field and get loads of work done!

Efficiency....

Matenance, testing of supplys, having back up's, all aid in making ones opp more efficient....Keep those augers in good shape, bring extra oil, gas, tools, whatever, because having to pack up and roll out at 1:30 pm and head back to town all because youre shovel broke or your pump doesent work, is extreemly inefficient.
Like a wise man once told me..

"Dont be shortsighted"....

I keep a second set of EVERYTHING. I mean everything, down to plant labels. And I cant even begin to explain how this practice has saved my ass in countless situations.

Having what you need "on hand" as the wise man puts it..

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey my brother.......was thinking about cha......hope all is well in your corner.......
Fast_Pine said:
This subject is something of serious interest to me recently, as ive been driving to and from the patch so much I cant fuckin stand it anymore!

For me, its come down to, biting off more than I can chew. meaning that physicaly I am having a hard time keeping up with the demands ive put on myself. Numbers, timelines, strains, etc,, all HAVE to be 100% on point.

What am I to do when I need to take 20 treys to the Mtn that night but my truck only holds 16, and I can only hike 12 up the hillside before total physical collapse.

I am forced to come back to the plot the next day an finnish up the work that didnt get done.
Well my friend.........

What kind of trays?.....how are they packed?......how do you start them?......what size containers?..........

I was saying above about the pellets vs. the 3' ers.......

Pellets I can get hundreds into a tray I can only get max 100 3"ers...(100 optimistic.......)

pellets I can get them almost to 6".....roots busting out.....3" ers, to a foot and the same...(but many times more per container......)

You could take a loook at other containers..(those wide clear containers I use have lids also so they can be stackable (done that :smoke:.....)

Could leave them on site (depending on specifics......unknown risk....I've done it before.....)

Supplies could also leave on site in advance (again, depends on specifics of location...maybe possible, maybe not......ie: Breaking things down into several lighter tasks instead of one all the way through......)

You know....just pointing out little things here and there......might be applicable, might not.......but can always think about what we're doing and think if a better way...more efficient way.....

Could split the above into 10/10 trips......
I have a tendency to "hyperfocus" on my work, so 48hrs straight would be waaaay too much for me. A coupple days ago I did 18hrs straight, and almost fell asleep at the wheel a coupple times on the way home. Was too tired to eat, and needed a full 24Hrs to recover..
I'm the same :biglaugh:...........fanaticism in action :biglaugh:.....

Are you drinking and eating on site in between work?......

I know the above well my friend, and has been a subject I've been on this week also with people..........(days to recover sometimes from certain things.......have been discussing different approaches, etc.......getting a little sleep here and there, eating and drinking more, etc.....have been on serious regimen of supplements...etc......(serious...I counted recently and taking about 65 different things daily......)

You know man....we push and push and push and push (and I know your the same :smoke:).........what we need to know and understand is when to pull back, etc....(I've had that ongoing problem in life for years :biglaugh:.......)
Having a plan, the propper gear,good timing and some physical endurance seems to be what gets me through till the last plug is in and the work is done.

Little things make a big difference..Example:

A bulb planter(auger) attached to a long shovel handle saves me from having to bend over 400+ times in one day.

or, if not using a bulb auger,,

Knee pads can extend the time one is able to be comfortably down on the ground transplanting.

..Combine little things like these, and one can stay in the field and get loads of work done!
Planting has been killing me for years as you know.....one, if not the most tiring things in process (similar to talking above about placing seed iand such...except for that I now set everything up where I can sit while I do it, so, no more on the ground...used to do it on floor with trays.......)

Knees......back........volume?....fuck man :biglaugh:........(I have had problems always with people and planting....I think they fake "not getting it" just cause they don't want to do it :biglaugh: (But then I always make them do other things instead, so...things which I dislike as much (hauling supplies and drilling) so, guess it evens out in the end :biglaugh:..

But.....:smoke: I think it's something else that gets you through to last plug :smoke:.......(psyche......drive.....sense of purpose, etc.....sure, all the other things help, but, in the end man....it's you...:smoke:....)
Efficiency....

Matenance, testing of supplys, having back up's, all aid in making ones opp more efficient....Keep those augers in good shape, bring extra oil, gas, tools, whatever, because having to pack up and roll out at 1:30 pm and head back to town all because youre shovel broke or your pump doesent work, is extreemly inefficient.
Like a wise man once told me..

"Dont be shortsighted"....

I keep a second set of EVERYTHING. I mean everything, down to plant labels. And I cant even begin to explain how this practice has saved my ass in countless situations.

Having what you need "on hand" as the wise man puts it..
Well......you know.......we can talk all day long about that, but, I think that stuff is best learned by time........ie: Having been stuck and vowing never to have it happen again.....each time getting a little more thorough, etc....until eventually totally and completely "on the ball".......

Shortsighted :smoke:.......Fuck man......most are....and takes some years to shake that off..:smoke:......think it comes with age and experience......(I think all of us start out there young.......and the older you get, the more you focus on tomorrow.....details....specifics.....what if's :smoke:....

I myself learned the hard way.........that extra trip might be the one that jeopardizes.....

But, you know.......as I think about it....I think all that feeds into "professionalism"....."dedication"......the level of seriousness one has.......(which more and more lately I have been having issues with many people about)......ie: approaching everything as a serious matter.....being thorough.....

Many times have been referred to as many things......(you know....fanatical...anal.......along those lines...) but, fuck......I know what I have to do.....not a joke......and any and every shortcoming today will rear it's ugly fuckin head tomorrow...

I use "fanatical".....out of many reasons...(one being I find it amusing :biglaugh:), but.....as I am sure you know...and other know......there is no room for anything less than 100% in this game...

Glad your well my friend........sound like well into work and season also.....(I'm jealous....this sitting back and waiting shit driving me up the fucking wall :biglaugh:.......feels like "wasting" time.........getting a lot done in many ways.....ie: when day comes to move, I'm on it full force.......but........in the meantime.....feels so slow........(although, in the end....this might be one of the "hardest hitting" seasons I have ever done....ie: Planning, scheduling, accumulating.....day comes....everything in force, full force.....then done quick, then wrapped up quick......so....we will see :smoke:..as above...changing everything over to mini';s and hit and runs....so.......full force come in...get it done.....minimal time wrap it up.........(although it seems I am cutting more and more people off by the day :biglaugh:, so........)

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Hey Jules i got 2k seeds(wondergun ak47xwonderdiesel) not feminized what do u suggest is the most efficient way to handle them... 2 per hole bc not fem? 3..4? what would you do?

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome thread as always peeps!

Not sure what i would do with 2k seeds but sounds like fun :D

I have completed my most successful grow to date and reasonably happy with outcome... cept i had problems with possums, grasshoppers (v.minor) and bit of mold. Nothing like the numbers you running but one day... ;)

The mold i can handle but how would you fellas deal with the critters? I ended up having to net all my plants which was easy enough but bit of hassle. I only got kangaroos and possums to deal with so far but they curious and like my green ganja very much!!!

Sorry if you already covered this topic... i was thinking electric fence might be handy but...

Peas!!!!!!!!

antimatter

Veteran

I have completed my most successful grow to date and reasonably happy with outcome... cept i had problems with possums, grasshoppers (v.minor) and bit of mold. Nothing like the numbers you running but one day... ;)

The mold i can handle but how would you fellas deal with the critters? I ended up having to net all my plants which was easy enough but bit of hassle. I only got kangaroos and possums to deal with so far but they curious and like my green ganja very much!!!

Sorry if you already covered this topic... i was thinking electric fence might be handy but...

Peas!!!!!!!!

lol kangaroos we have big vicious moose

boroboro

Peas!!!!!!!!

There's another Austrailian grower on here that showed photos of a cage he built for his plants to keep the critters out. It was about 10 x 20 x 8 feet high. Looked like 1x2 or 2x4 sticks holding it together, framed about 4 feet apart. Covered with what looked like chicken wire fence stapled on.

He must have been in a pretty isolated spot, because the end of season photos made it look like a cage of green that really stood out from the rest of the area.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I must be far too deep in business mode lately cause "Cage of Green" makes me think of Cage Match..(and then of green, which would be really cool :biglaugh:).....Cage Match of Green...:biglaugh:....Been really into competition shooting lately.....and been watching a lot of things on it, so....in that mode :biglaugh:.....

Now that's a show I am sure some cable channel would pick up :biglaugh:)

(To anyone who thinks that sounds nuts, well........No.......I'ts not...

Actually it would not only be picked up, but remarkable......

Cage Match of Green :biglaugh: (like, one week would be 3 running same power indoors, going for yield, next would be 3 people doing out (same sq. footage......yield...)

Hmmmmm.....would have to be Canadian or European though......ie: So origin country produced no issues.....)

Mental note: Cross check Canadian and European cable production companies to US channels and cheapest airtime rates.....(actually, for security, US would probably be excluded for competitors.......)

Mental note: Cross check episode production costs, including applicable salaries with marketing costs of global hydro supply companies and manufactures so that sponsors could be obtained and prize could be sponsors newest equipment, etc......

Very realistic idea......(and someone could fund it all with a batch or 2 :smoke:......), so, there's a new, legit business for any non US grower (or US who wants to pursue living and working abroad....) seeking a career in entertainment field.....)

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
hey Jules y you such a dick man? that was a simple question i asked earlier... and i get a rep that says "suggest?.... you stop wasting my time!" thanks for the advise lol

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From my limited but focused experience i would imagine that you have a 50/50 chance of getting females Aero... so that leaves you with around 1000... if you take a lottery and place two in each hole you are going to get quite a few girlies together with no option but to rip one out... so i reckon that might leave you with say 500-600 ladies... lets say you get 500 healthy ones. Which is half of your potential...

Much better (in theory anyway) to either have em all in some kind of planter until you can sex em, plant em individually but closer together so you can rip out the males and train the rest...or... make yerself some colloidal silver (easy) and spray all your plants whilst still in veg which apparently produces all fems and auto-fem seeds. :D

:smoweed:

Edit: O yeah and nice avatar pic man!

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SilverSurfer_OG said:
Congratulations..(most successful and reasonably happy)....quite a statement, and, sure many know what leads up to that statement.....
Couldn't help ya with the Kangaroos :smoke:.....also depends on methods (larger, smaller, density of patches.....) Large ones we always caged (a serious PITA when too many, and, never got all anyway), and small depends on locations.....If no actual problems so far, then either doing the right thing or maybe nothing to worry about...(No kangaroos, but have always done areas with lots of possums, and never gave them a thought........(other than finding yourself looking at one while planting.......I've seen some pretty fuckin scary possums......)

Switching to strictly smaller ones and thinking switching over to to just fencing areas off...(lower)...all depends on area....The last couple I did I was actually surprised at the lack of interest and loss.....(but slightly later planted also......)

randude101 said:
Julian hello. Long time lurker on this thread as I am not into anything commercial.

You know from what Silver said it reminds me of how I combat pest and other issues regarding my straight gardening and that is consult the local univesities agriculture web pages. A lot of good information in there. The information is regional and acurate.

Cheers.
I've always turned to other sources with many problems.....some stuff earlier in thread...had a corn borer (I believe, in past now...) problem couple years ago.....learned a lot.....

Lately doing more and more new areas and always make a point of researching region for any known and documented issues.....

I've always been pretty lucky as far as animals and pests....(or could be that in process, many things addressed.....know last year one location experienced what I thought at the time was damage they wouldn't come back from....but they did, no problem...(seasonal issue.....many had extreme rains....heat, brought out the bugs.....so...I was actually quite surprised at how strong they came back one they settled in, rains backed off and such......They did get treated..sprayed....forgot the mixes was using....was combining several at that time actually......) I think a lot of things also are much more seasonal than most believe......You start to see that more when doing the same general location and spot several years in a row...

SilverSurfer_OG said:
From my limited but focused experience i would imagine that you have a 50/50 chance of getting females Aero... so that leaves you with around 1000... if you take a lottery and place two in each hole you are going to get quite a few girlies together with no option but to rip one out... so i reckon that might leave you with say 500-600 ladies... lets say you get 500 healthy ones. Which is half of your potential...

Much better (in theory anyway) to either have em all in some kind of planter until you can sex em, plant em individually but closer together so you can rip out the males and train the rest...or... make yerself some colloidal silver (easy) and spray all your plants whilst still in veg which apparently produces all fems and auto-fem seeds. :D
Yeah, I would just advise people to remember making stock, of course.....(different time, same time, separate plot, etc......fem might as well, unless one has other more specific desires in future, but, then again, can do plot(s) for stock, can save some, but still use a portion.......(I just discovered a stash I had forgot about, and, couple things in that from previous that I put there and thought was gone, so...)

Depends on method also.....I did consider doing several per hole (12" x 3' drilled) on mini's....thought would still probably get better yield with a couple per hole than if they were done straight in.....(alternative is to do 4'-6"...even 8" per plant.....

If also started later, could start in the 5" ers and as show could drop into prepped spot also......

Last edited:
Very impressive thread Julian! Im loving it.. Im going all out this year.. My original goal was 200 cuttings out, I have surpassed that, and the corn fields arent even in yet.. Im busting my ass digging holes the old school way, so I came up with the idea to rent an earth auger later this week.. What size bit do you use? Thanks for all the info and guidance Julian, This thread is appreciated greatly. Im very inspired!

GFam

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kind of you to say.....glad of interest, glad of benefit, of use.....

As earlier, I have always use the 12"s, but am going to be moving down to maybe 8"s, or 6"s....as I am switching over to mini's from, now on. Smaller will of course be lighter, will drill faster, deeper, quicker, etc....

Depends what your native soil is and what your doing (completely prepping or using native and just adding dry mixes and such....(ie: If good soil, initial will assist penetration, and will grow easily into surrounding....could go smaller...)

(Even with 12's...they're really not that heavy....we've all thrown them over shoulder and walked extremely unfriendly terrain many time......a pad for shoulder helps a little also :smoke:...)

Notes:
Just picked up a new urban spot, which is about as urban as they get :smoke:, will get in and take pics later on (before cut).....am very amused at sharing it when done......about as urban as it gets, and, a true demonstration as to the power of hit and run urban mini's :smoke:...(I'm just so amused.........)

Approach and overview: Going to save it for later, pre sex (F/M stock), prep in advance. Space is about 20' x 40'....not sure if we're going to dig it all up (just bringing in one person on that one to dig up for me, with generous split), or do smaller holes and then hit entire area with a top feed. (ie: Dig either, hit entire area with top feed maybe 3 weeks before planting)....

Thinking about trying for about 1600 fems...(est. 2 per sq. ft, might change and go with 1 per. sq. ft......800 fems) Going to start them in 3" ers under 12/12 (pellets would be easier, smaller.....still considering it but don't think will hold them long enough to sex........could be close...but, don't think so...)

Prep spot...(most likely during heavy rain, will be watching and keeping up on forecast and waiting for "right time" to hit it.....Have a 3rd who will be keeping an eye out (they are skittish about risk, but rock solid, so,their role this season is merely to keep an eye out and let me know....will be using them on multiple things, different places...)

With of course new move to mini's exclusively.....peaked my interest and the urban angle has me excited....(just something about doing such right in front of people that I love :biglaugh: :smoke:.....I "get off" on it :smoke:.....(figuratively of course....:smoke:...)

I'd like to think 1 per if started in the 3"s and space prepped well....think possible if 1 per sq. ft....2 maybe not,so....(1 per, 800 is 50, 150k.....so.......but I don't like to have higher expectations on yield...but, think reasonable with spot, sun, prep, pre vegged and sexed, etc....(going to give them maybe a week 24 veg and then flip down and as sexed get them there....preferably all at once, one night, again, going for pouring rain...(visibility and water issues......couple weeks, nutes should be good to go and doing their job, etc.....)

Working on a lot of other stuff....have some corn people, getting rid of other people as earlier, briefing others on new approach and methods, etc.....

Of course, doing hit and run, pre sexing should cut down couple weeks of exposure right there (as discussed earlier with AF's and mini's....) with basically exposure being, as earlier...last 30 days......

Not the biggest thing working on :smoke:, but, I have got to say, this one has me most excited for numerous reasons....(and frankly not that bad....50 to me is 150k...toss 20k to 2 assistants.....maybe 40k (20k each, 110k to me) if numbers come out nice in the end...(which they should......I've been underestimating yields for far too long now...so....:smoke:)

Will deliver pics and overview on it at a certain time..(this is a "one shot"......hit and run?......60+/-.....30-40 days exposure?...no problem......but, can't do it ever again..(urban, specific circumstances.......chance might be found before harvest, but, willing to take that chance as have someone who lives very close and will be keeping an eye on it for discovery :smoke:....(lookout guy lives within sight line of location :smoke:.....)

As above, as always....working on lot of other things.....prepping, supplies, getting ready to move full force....(want to do everything, everywhere, one single week and then mark calender for when to come in and pull everything everywhere.......as above...switching over to mini's and AF's..(still working on AF situation and stock....on back burner at this point, target is stock by next may, so.....will get to it and report all nuances and everything noticed....next May will enable test run of resulting stock also, so, I like that better......(using untested stock always scares me......always has......)

Hope everyone is well......and of course jealous of everyone who has big ones going :smoke: (Was talking to someone last night how I always wanted to do an experiment with extreme pre veg to see how large something could get out...have had 16 footers from 3"s right in ground, top feed...so....always wondered what could be pushed to......was lot on OG about that topic.....maybe one day again...but for now...again....done with big ones......

Season is so long...(when I run clones it all starts Jan 1st....ends sometimes after next Jan 1st with trimming and such.............I'm just so tired.......can't handle the stress anymore......can't handle workload of full entire seasons....(workload meaning more the schedule....been taking a toll on my personal and professional life.....anyone reading from start knows....extended periods of work with no sleep...just too much these days.......whole season is basically a 24/7/365 job.....especially with multiple spots....many places (and always several hours away...so, doing anything is usually an entire day...(and many times, entire...as in 24hrs, etc.....have personal, professional, family things, etc, and then of course risk and exposure issues, so.......Man enough to say "when"....and it's "when" now.....:smoke:)

Hope everyone is well.....safe......doing well....satisfied........will have some more things in future..(waiting for another go ahead for another 30' x 30' spot somewhere else...same deal and approach as above...hit heavy, fast,hard.....later, mini's, minimal exposure, risk, etc..........)

I think I am liking this :smoke:.....(usually by now would be well into season already.....as above.,..tired (exhausted...)...no sleep....(I usually have never slept from May-Oct......really at all....not an exaggeration or joke.......almost at all.....was busy with some things this past weekend and I think end result was 35hrs on, 6hrs hanging, then 35hrs on, then another 30 to wrap it up (no sleep throughout.....)

I think though I am already liking this...more time for me.....relax, hang out, do what I want (be it personal, professional, family)....I know they're liking it too.......

Lot of things this year I have never really mentioned here.....came close on a lot of things......(to being cracked)........

Very spiritual year for me..(the most of my life actually......).....

You know,......the young un's think we're always talking down to them about life......

I've had many things this year which were the "Fuck.....I see now yesterday, I knew nothing :smoke:"....)

I'm late 30's/early 40's, so........it never stops.....if you pay attention, if you have an interest, if you strive towards evolving.....well, then one should always realize what they knew yesterday is not what will be the truth today and that tomorrow they may very well learn today they knew absolutely shit :smoke:

My movie recommendation to people experiencing hard time lately is "Things Change". :smoke: (older flick..Joe Mantegna and Don Ameche)....

I've always maintained that I am but " a mere tool of the universe"....but lately, have been reminded......something bad happens......get annoyed, upset, and then something to make me realize it's good it did...it prevented, paved way for this or that.....lo those lately (endless for last 6 weeks).......lately taking bad news (REALLY bad ) with a laugh more then ever.....why not?......I'll know tomorrow not bad after all, and maybe even good.....:smoke:

Why waste any energy whatsoever on any emotions and then realize all a waste of time and unfounded because didn't have the patience to see the real reason :smoke:.....(and I've always been quite talented and skilled at living in "the big picture"....so......still learning......and lucky I am....a blessing in itself........a blessing in itself :smoke:....)

I've always tried to learn 10-20-50+ new things a day for last 20+ years, and that still doesn't even scratch the surface :smoke: (talking about life......people...psychology...the world...applies across the board to every moment of our day, no matter who we are....)

Anyway ..enough of my spiritual mumbo jumbo..(mumbo jumbo :biglaugh:)....

Hope all are doing well.......Best of luck to all......anything bad?, well, maybe a reason you don't understand....could be many different reasons.....be patient, pay attention, learn what "the universe wants you to learn" :smoke: (there's that "mumbo jumbo" again :biglaugh:...)

Will be back with some more shortly....

Growing just miraculous (and even more so when one can alter their entire approach to something completely different and still pull down.....) Safest, quickest way to pull down substantial cash.......people shouldn't even think of other things....(more risky, serious time, serious exposure, etc....)

The knowledge and power growing enables, is truly limitless......:smoke:..

I am on the same page as you Julian. Everything happens for a reason.. One bad thing isnt the end, it may break ground for something even greater, something u never expected to happen.. Stay positive, and watch for the signs.. Everything happens for a reason..

I read the first 60 pages of this thread, trying to catch up, and decided to jump to the end, to the now.. So u may have answered some of these questions, and I just missed em..

How late do u plant with clones? I have about 12 decent sized mother plants that have been vegging since last November.. I have been taking clones from them as fast as they will give em, rooting them, and moving them outdoors, whenever I get the free time.. I also have seed plants going, and more seeds germing now.. I just dont know when to stop taking cuttings.. I mean If I cut some late in the season, will the yields be less than what the mothers would have yielded without taking the cuts? I hope that makes sense.. So when is a good time to stop running cuttings, and focus on getting out seed plants for the mini gardens?

I just found a really nice spot to grow.. Real secluded, and is bordered by a dirt road,cementary plot, and a major Highway.. The view from the highway to my site is blocked by rows of trees, so exposure from the highway isnt an issue. The area is pretty substantial with a few taller trees and lots of over grown shrubs, jaggers, and fallen logs and weeds.. Great spot.. I was pondering whether or not to bring in some cuttings, or just use it for a few mini gardens.. Possibly both...? I have never ran any minis, and I got the idea from your thread.. Makes sense( smaller, larger number of plants in one area or garden.) Large plots will blend with the native plants. Will I be running a risk by doing both? I mean if they spot some of the larger cuttings in the late fall, and I lose both my clones, and my minis? Would I be safer just plotting a few mini patches in larger numbers? This may be a question only I can answer.. Since u have the experience, I was just looking for feedback..
I have almost all of my outdoor woods, and field plots scouted and dug.. Just need to move in a few more runs of cuttings.. I am working on seed plants now for my cornfield runs.. I did my first grow in the corn fields last year, and it worked out great..
For whatever reason, none of the cornfields in my area were harvested last fall, and they were left standing until early spring this year.. I wish I would have none they werent gonna cut them last summer, or I would have done my entire grow in the fields.. I could of ran late strains or whatever I wanted :wallbash: I was worried about losing my crops to the combine so I pulled a lot early.. pfft..

GFam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts