What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Outdoor

bestothebest

yasker, swamps are one of my favorite palces to grow. All you need is a spot with good sun, and then the water from the swamp plus its base becomes a killer compost tea and soil. Most beautiful plants ever come from swamps imho.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
yasker, swamps are one of my favorite palces to grow. All you need is a spot with good sun, and then the water from the swamp plus its base becomes a killer compost tea and soil. Most beautiful plants ever come from swamps imho.

Any filthy, greedy ripper knows that swamps are the first, and best places to look for grows. Thats why I dont grow in swamps anymore.
My friend got about 10lbs ripped from the swamp grow a few days ago. Nobody knew he grew there either. Kept it a secret.
So it was someone looking for plants.
When I was a teenager, I used to look through swamps to find plants too. Im older and wiser and wouldnt even think about doing that now at my age, but theres plenty of generations of teens that are gonna do the same shit I used too.

yasker

bestothebest, I cut Mandala #1 three weeks ago and Bangi Haze last week. I still have Zamaldelica and Malawi free from pm and mold. They might finish. This would be the year for it. I am sixty years old and I have been working this swamp for 25 years. It's bounded on three sides by dense brush. The only way in is by wearing waders and crossing two streams. Then you're in a bog where the mud can entomb a man. Pity the ripper that loses his footing.

Attachments

• swamp tube.jpg
    swamp tube.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 17

bestothebest

Agreed this would be the year, New England had a cooler start to the summer, but now it is staying warm for longer, giving those that need more time to flower the ability to finish. Last year it was in the 50s during the day at this time I believe.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Its been the perfect season! Nice, warm weather with a 40% humidity. Hardly any rain at all during flower. Lovin' it!
If it wasnt for these caterpillars, there would not be any sign of rot or any loss of buds.
I bet we can let these go till Oct 15th -20th no problem. Went today and took 4 hours to go through every budsite and pick out the cats'. They are fresh hatchers and very small, so there shouldn't be too much damage to any of these plants. Found some poopy buds that had to be cut out, but overall, I got them before they can cause damage.

Since the weather is so nice, Im gonna let them go fore another 7 - 10 days to let them swell. Gonna just keep going there everyday and pick out any more fresh hatchers until harvest day.
The first garden we harvested and have hang drying, have tons of fresh hatchers and some older, bigger cats', escaping from the dead plant matter, and hanging on strings trying to get to the floor. I torture them for a long time. Burning them lightly, squishing them, and letting 2 cats' fight to the death in a bowl.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
talking with a buddy that owns a hydro shop and he said the reports on local outdoor here have been terrible as far as mold and cats this year.

surprised there has not been more action in this thread now that harvest time is here.

I went home last weekend and cut the outdoor I planted, it was never visited after I plugged the 1st weekend in June and 1 good male in the swamp hosed all but one plant that I left near the road because I was afraid it might be male.

she was frozen pretty hard while everything lower in the swamp was fine.
these buds are really nice and smoke super close to mom.
Pimp Juice- OGKB 2.0 x Thin mint GSC x GG#4 x OGBK male CookieBoi
picture.php

got some real weeds mixed into my weed and got my sticky Pimp Juice a bit dirty.
this plant was full sun compared to the swamp plot and the buds finished so nice and hard.
picture.php

Chem Panties male in the background hosed all the feminized cookie x glue plants in the swamp really hard but I'll have some great seeds coming out of them for next year.
(forum GSC x GG#4) x (Stink Panties x (Corey Stardawg x CookieBoi)
picture.php

Avuncular (Thin Mint x GG#4) fully seeded and blending in well with the rest of the swamp.
picture.php

She wanted a few more weeks but it was a hit and run mission.
I let them hang for 3 days then packed them in jars wet for the 8 hour ride back to MA.
picture.php

Green Squall

What are some signs of caterpillars I'm really not familiar with the problem? Do they leave excrement on the leaves?

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
What are some signs of caterpillars I'm really not familiar with the problem? Do they leave excrement on the leaves?

Brown rot.
If you see a bud getting rot or a dead brown wrinkled leaf in the middle of a nice cola or bud, open it up, and if you see black poop dots everywhere, keep looking for the cat'.
Also, even on nice healthy buds, open them up and look for them.
They're not hard to find if you open up your buds and look through them. :tiphat:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Sometimes the bigger cats' will bore a hole right into the main stalk and leave what looks like granola crumbs on the outside of it, like an anthill. If that happens, take a razorblade and cut a slit from the hole upwards, carefull not to cut the cat', and he'll pop right out. Then duct tape the slit/hole after rinsing it clean with fresh water, and it will heal up nicely.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Me and my other grow partner were out in the pouring rain yesterday morning, putting the last trellis on the biggest, heaviest yielding Glue. It was so heavy the branches were bending down to the point of snapping. 2 actually snapped where the base of the stem meets the main stalk. Cut and hang drying now.
We saved the entire plant just in time. Then after the rain stopped it was warm, with a nice steady breezy wind that dried out the buds very nice.
Was gonna take a leaf blower to them but nature did it for us.
They are swelling now and the white hairs have stopped and are now dark brown/red.
We could easily pick it now, but I want every gram we can push outa these plants.
Weve been putting ungodly amounts of water through them to leach out any remaining nutrients so they yellow out real nice. Almost there! :dance013:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I harvested the majority Saturday before the rain. I left a strong qp on the mli plant to let it go and see what it can really do. Sucks I lost a whole MLI to PM.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
This weather has been excellent. I find it awesome to be able to run 70 day strains in MA. Weather like this will put MA on par with the west coast.

I wouldnt go that far Smug. LOL!:biggrin:
Them Californians are the true leaders and heros in this game.
We in Mass are just now starting to even think about growing outdoors, and most people lost most of their plants to nature, pests, and budrot this first legal year.
Smokers here dont like outdoor grown ganja at all. They want that indoor. I have very well grown GG4 outdoor and they say that they like the taste on the indoor better. Even though it burns perfect and is smooth smokins'.
Ignorance and uneducated, on a huge level, here in Mass when it comes to Cannabis. The outdoor grown is so much better and potent, but you cant tell that to an uneducated smoker.
I understand that indoor is better on certain levels but the price is higher. I would personally take a zip of outdoor Glue for 150 a zip than indoor Glue for 250 a zip.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I harvested the majority Saturday before the rain. I left a strong qp on the mli plant to let it go and see what it can really do. Sucks I lost a whole MLI to PM.

You can take the branches and swish them under a mix of Hydrogen Peroxide and Water for a minute, then swish it under fresh water for a few, shake out, and hang dry. It will kill all the PM and make it either smokeable, or safely used for concentrates.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
You can take the branches and swish them under a mix of Hydrogen Peroxide and Water for a minute, then swish it under fresh water for a few, shake out, and hang dry. It will kill all the PM and make it either smokeable, or safely used for concentrates.

Wish I knew that lol I got a strong pound and a half rotting in the woods. Oh well one more thing I learn this year. Can't wait for next year I am gonna kill it. Got some needed improvements in mind including building a roof structure to keep flowers dry and hold netting during veg to keep the cats out. I also don't have a connection to run concentrate yet so while I feel bad losing bud it is what it is this year.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Well............
All is harvested and hanging. Gotta trim all day today to get a LB done. It takes a long time to trim a LB. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to trimming so this outdoor looks like indoor. Very high quality Glue nuggets.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Well............
All is harvested and hanging. Gotta trim all day today to get a LB done. It takes a long time to trim a LB. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to trimming so this outdoor looks like indoor. Very high quality Glue nuggets.

Nice work, I have been trimming for a little over a week as things become ready and trimmed all day yesterday so I have about an hour left today at some point. Gonna harvest the rest tomorrow and start the process all over :biggrin: good luck and have some good music playing to make it a little better.

yasker

A week to go. Three Zamaldelica outdoors in swamp tubes. Small, medium and seven feet tall.

Attachments

• 001 Zamaldelica.jpg
    001 Zamaldelica.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 002 Zamaldelica  top 10122017 .jpg
    002 Zamaldelica top 10122017 .jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 003 Zamaldelica tubes 10122017.jpg
    003 Zamaldelica tubes 10122017.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 004 Zamaldelica Bud.jpg
    004 Zamaldelica Bud.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 20

ManyManySpliffs

Well............

When you get a chance after all that trimming could you post a few harvest pics? Thanks and congrats on the harvest.
Time to enjoy the fruits of all that labor... :smoker: